Seton Medical Center

Seton Medical Center Employee Reviews

A decent place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee), Harker Heights, TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: Free dinners on occasion
Cons: short breaks
A decent place to work, enjoy working with co-workers. Enjoy taking care of patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great associates.
One of the best hospital dealing with cardiac problems
RN I (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 7, 2015
Seton is one of the best experience I had in hospital settings. They deal with a lot of critical cardiac patients. Staffs are very knowledgeable and caring.
This is the best place to develop nursing skills because everyday is a learning process.
worked as a stress technician
Nuclear Medicine Assistant (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMay 30, 2015
I worked as a stress technician preparing and taking EKGs and doing stress tests under supervision of the cardiologists. I relocated to New York to find a residency.
fun
Assistant Supervisor (Former Employee), Kyle, TXMay 26, 2015
Great Place to work. Staff is very friendly and helps out a lot. Very teem oriented. I also like the fact that they cross train
This was a very professional organization.
Staff Nurse II, Medical Surgical (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMay 25, 2015
This was a very professional organization. There was always adequate staff. Everyone was very friendly. Management was very supportive.
Seton Hospital is in a state of flux
PER DIEM STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee), Daly City, CAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Some progressive pharmacy services
Cons: unstable future
Seton is a community hospital with a very elderly clientele that does a significant service for the surrounding area. The hospital has been running a significant deficit for a number of years. It is seeking buyers for the 6 hospital Daughters of Charity hospital system.
i work per diem so I'm not fully emerged in the culture
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Daly City, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: everyone gets their breaks and lunch
Cons: place is old, could be updated
work with a fabulous staff in radiology
learn so much about Interventional procedures
most of my co workers are fabulous
typical day is working with other nurses , radiology techs, and radiologist to give our patients great outcomes and satisfaction
communication in general is good, but could improve
SMCA - Great RNs, horrible management!
RN (Current Employee), med/surgApril 18, 2015
Pros: GREAT floor staff
Cons: HORRIBLE management
My fellow RNs there are the best. They care deeply for the patients and the floor team. Seton's mission is excellent and the floor staff lives up to it.

Management is horrible. They will sound like they care, but nothing gets done about the terrible working conditions. They constantly point out all the things the RNs and CAs need to improve on, piling on more and more expectations, but rarely respond to us being understaffed, having broken equipment everywhere, and facilities that are literally falling apart.

I gave Job Security 5 stars, NOT Advancement. If you can handle the high physical and emotional stress and relatively low pay, you will have a job for a LONG time.

Great boot camp for new grads though. If you can manage a couple of years on a med/surg floor here, you can about handle anything.
Travel Contract Technologist (Former Employee), Killeen, TXApril 9, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Seton Medical Harker Heights! My coworkers were always willing to help with patient load or education. Management was always welcoming to new suggestions.
Great work environment!
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee), Daly City, CAMarch 24, 2015
Seton Medical Center is a wonderful hospital to work for with opportunities for growth. The people are excellent and management is friendly and caring. It's a positive environment overall.
Low nursing morale lately
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee), Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: request your own scheduled days
Cons: 12 hour shifts only
Seton Medical Center is mission-driven, but has lost most of its nurse voice. In the nine years I've worked here, there has been a significant culture shift. Where nursing once felt valued, now feels like a means to an end-- patient satisfaction is now the value. While important, patient satisfaction is not the end-all, be-all, and morale is down on the nursing units. Seton once offered flexible hours with 4-, 8-, and 12-hour shift options, but as of summer 2014 there are only 12-hour shifts which is a hardship and, I believe, dangerous. The nursing care provided here is top-notch, and there is a big push for ADN nurses to complete their BSN.
A decent place to work
Electronic Records Clerk and Accounting (Current Employee), Daly City CAMarch 5, 2015
Good environment with a friendly atmosphere. I worked at the doctor's extension so I can't say too much about the main hospital
A Medical Center
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Daly City, CaliforniaMarch 5, 2015
May not be as up-to-date as many big hospitals but offered much experience. Located in Daly City, California. Thank you.
Good place, good people.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT II (Current Employee), Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2015
Pros: overtime options
Cons: short breaks, long shifts, hard work.
It's a great place for a job when team work is important!
Good insurance benefits for part time and full time.
Lot's of over time opportunities.
Good location.
The hardest part of the job for me is the bodily fluids and being on my feet all day. Works well with school schedules.
Productive, fun place to work at.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Daly City, CADecember 5, 2014
I learned to be able to work as a team and to also not be afraid to ask for help when I needed. I learned from the managers that there are different types of helping, even just listening to the patients is a form of helping. Helping ease their minds of stress can help them in their healing process. My co workers work just as hard, we laugh, we eat together, they become your family. The most enjoyable thing about working at Seton, was being able to help the patients and see them get better.
Great oppurnities.
Receptionist (Former Employee), Daly City, CANovember 13, 2014
Pros: worked with my schedule.
Cons: it was thru a agencey.
I worked in the ER Department with 4 other co-workers. I worked at night and checked in patients, collected co-payments. i learned hoe the ER worked with insurances. the hardest part was to see patients in pain. I did enjoy the things that i was able to see.
Great Unit to Work on
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 2, 2014
Pros: staff with caring hearts
Cons: staff without caring hearts
Love Patient and Patient contact. My mission is to help the less fortunate or those in need
great place to work
Respiratory Care Practitioner I (Former Employee), austin, texasSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good group of people at work
Cons: without enough staff work load can be heavy
good place to work with good people. learned how to manage time. coworkers are great. typical day is a lot of ventilated patients in icu to take care of, otherwise its great.
Good place to work, good compensation and benefits
Medical Transcriptionist Editor (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 28, 2014
With the majority of the transcriptionists working at home, working inhouse could sometimes get lonesome.
Great organaztion to work for!!
Purchasing Clerk (Current Employee), Harker Heights, TXJuly 30, 2014
Pros: associate engagement, committee opurtunities, great patient care
Cons: job security
Seton is a new hospital to the area and has exceeded the national standard in patient care and continues to improve.

1 2 3