Seton Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

great for entry level job
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Seton offers entry level opportunities and the pay is not very competitive. They are not focused on pay for performance or promotion. Training and support needs improvement. Overall, It's a good place to work and learn.
Pros
great staff, friendly environment
Cons
entry level, no room for growth
Great fun place to work with friendly staff and a good attitude .
Respiratory Therapy Extern (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXNovember 17, 2015
A typical day at SMCH from the ICU to The ED. The patient range from acutely ill to chronically ill. While working at SMCH I was able to get a lot more hands with patient care including: invasive procedure like ABG's or even manipulating mechanical ventilator. I rarely got the opportunity to interact with management, but my co-workers interact was invaluable. We worked as a team to support each other challenging case while managing individual patient care.
SMCA - Great RNs, horrible management!
RN (Current Employee) –  med/surgApril 18, 2015
My fellow RNs there are the best. They care deeply for the patients and the floor team. Seton's mission is excellent and the floor staff lives up to it.

Management is horrible. They will sound like they care, but nothing gets done about the terrible working conditions. They constantly point out all the things the RNs and CAs need to improve on, piling on more and more expectations, but rarely respond to us being understaffed, having broken equipment everywhere, and facilities that are literally falling apart.

I gave Job Security 5 stars, NOT Advancement. If you can handle the high physical and emotional stress and relatively low pay, you will have a job for a LONG time.

Great boot camp for new grads though. If you can manage a couple of years on a med/surg floor here, you can about handle anything.
Pros
GREAT floor staff
Cons
HORRIBLE management
excellent employer
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 13, 2015
I enjoyed my position as file clerk working at San Mateo Orthopedic Medical Center. I was employed at SMOMG for about 2 years. While working there I got to show patients to their exam rooms and prepare them for their physical therapy appointments. I found Orthopedic medicine to be very exciting and fulfilling work at SMOMG so much, I chose Orthopedics as my specialty rotation at Kaiser Permanente in South San Francisco while in the Radiology Program. I still carry pride in myself, as a seasoned Radiologic Technologist specializing in Orthopedics.
Pros
gained excellent work experience
Cons
no cons
Good Experience
EMERGENCY ROOM TECHNICIAN/UNIT CLERK (Current Employee) –  Killeen,TexasJuly 2, 2015
It was a great experience to work with all different types of patients. I learned several different things including EKG's, splint and casting as well as different disease processes. Management is always actively involved in patient care as well as employee well being. Coworkers are mostly helpful and are an excellent team. The hardest part of the job is the high volume of patients seen. The most enjoyable part of the job is the relationships built with patients in a limited time period.
Pros
good learning experience
Cons
not a great shift, pay wasn't well
Acceptable work environment
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2016
Typical day was sitting at a cubes for 8+ hours looking a computer

Repetitious work, fun manager, co-workers were like any other office cube farm
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great place to volunteer!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Staff is very friendly and will help the individual that is willing to learn and progress in the field. Was a great opportunity to learn as much as I could.
Low nursing morale lately
Registered Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 24, 2015
Seton Medical Center is mission-driven, but has lost most of its nurse voice. In the nine years I've worked here, there has been a significant culture shift. Where nursing once felt valued, now feels like a means to an end-- patient satisfaction is now the value. While important, patient satisfaction is not the end-all, be-all, and morale is down on the nursing units. Seton once offered flexible hours with 4-, 8-, and 12-hour shift options, but as of summer 2014 there are only 12-hour shifts which is a hardship and, I believe, dangerous. The nursing care provided here is top-notch, and there is a big push for ADN nurses to complete their BSN.
Pros
request your own scheduled days
Cons
12 hour shifts only
Great place to extern
Sterile Processing Technician II (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 14, 2015
Learned a lot for my externship here. Staff was helpful and eager to help me learn necessary skills for all areas of disinfection and sterilization. Would recommend students to get hands on experience here.
Seton
Physician Liaison - Strategic Planning/SNAPCare (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 7, 2015
I've worked for Seton for over 14 years. I've learned a lot from patient care to Administration work to billing.

Seton has always been #1 in being able to assist in furthering your education and advancing your career.
Great place to work, not so great management
PATIENT ACCESS REP II (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 22, 2015
Great people to work with but management is not good. My position is contracted with Seton so we are conifer. Love working with patients and how our regulars remeber you and make great conversations.
Healthy work environment. Energetic and Motivating
Environmental Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TexasJuly 20, 2015
Seton Medical Center workplace provided opportunity for healthy social connection. I am very pleased with the team of workers i was involved with. Working together for the common goal of the hospital patrons.
Travel Contract Technologist (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXApril 9, 2015
I truly enjoyed working for Seton Medical Harker Heights! My coworkers were always willing to help with patient load or education. Management was always welcoming to new suggestions.
Good place, good people.
CLINICAL ASSISTANT II (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 14, 2015
It's a great place for a job when team work is important!
Good insurance benefits for part time and full time.
Lot's of over time opportunities.
Good location.
The hardest part of the job for me is the bodily fluids and being on my feet all day. Works well with school schedules.
Pros
overtime options
Cons
short breaks, long shifts, hard work.
Great work environment!
Staffing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 24, 2015
Seton Medical Center is a wonderful hospital to work for with opportunities for growth. The people are excellent and management is friendly and caring. It's a positive environment overall.
productive place to work with
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Daily CityJune 30, 2015
A typical day at work as the first day at Seton because it was my first day to take care patients with tracheostomy and G tube on. I learned how to take care of this kind of patients.
One of the best hospital dealing with cardiac problems
RN I (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 7, 2015
Seton is one of the best experience I had in hospital settings. They deal with a lot of critical cardiac patients. Staffs are very knowledgeable and caring.
This is the best place to develop nursing skills because everyday is a learning process.
Seton Hospital is in a state of flux
PER DIEM STAFF PHARMACIST (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAMay 13, 2015
Seton is a community hospital with a very elderly clientele that does a significant service for the surrounding area. The hospital has been running a significant deficit for a number of years. It is seeking buyers for the 6 hospital Daughters of Charity hospital system.
Pros
Some progressive pharmacy services
Cons
unstable future
A decent place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 15, 2015
A decent place to work, enjoy working with co-workers. Enjoy taking care of patients. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with great associates.
Pros
Free dinners on occasion
Cons
short breaks
i work per diem so I'm not fully emerged in the culture
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 21, 2015
work with a fabulous staff in radiology
learn so much about Interventional procedures
most of my co workers are fabulous
typical day is working with other nurses , radiology techs, and radiologist to give our patients great outcomes and satisfaction
communication in general is good, but could improve
Pros
everyone gets their breaks and lunch
Cons
place is old, could be updated