Seton Medical Center

Seton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Good place to work, fun people
Staff Nurse, Post-Anesthesia Recovery Unit (PACU) (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2017
Met some good friends at this hospital, yet I didn't work in critical care and it wasn't my favorite environment to work in as a nurse. So, it would have been better if I would have transferred to critical care - my fault.
nice job
Unit Clerk Techician (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXFebruary 25, 2017
It is a nice place to work at friendly people great managers just pay and advancement for certain positions are slim seems you have to be a nurse or doctor to even be considered for advancement and learning. Pay is decent but you seem to not move up in pay much because raises are never much.
Pros
nice enviroment
Cons
advancement and pay raises
positive work environment
Invasive Procedures Technologist (Current Employee) –  Round Rock, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Clean hospital, clean grounds, chapel, state of the art technology, separate women's center and nursery, healing garden, Level 2 trauma
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Long hours, work weekends and night
fun loving staff
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2017
this was actually one of my favorite jobs love the vibe that seton gave off loved the team work we had to make sure our patients are satisfied and conformable.
Minimal staffing but expected to do a lot
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Moss Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Since the hospital has been bought by Verity, a lot of changes in staff, especially in management/administration. Communications between administration and the workforce is poor. No clear directions, instructions. Non-union workers have no job security and no scheduled raises.
Layoffs
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXFebruary 2, 2017
Regular, scheduled layoffs are troubling at Seton. Of the hundred plus who lost their jobs, some of Seton's loyal, unfortunate employees who have recently been laid off, have been here for 20+ years. The company has lost its personal connection with their employees. The 7 figured bonuses with executives in administration at the top are very discouraging. Seton Healthcare was one of the best places to work in the Austin area.
Manager Perspective
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2017
I spent over 10 years at Seton Medical Center. I started my career at this facility and learned a great deal. This also included many years of experience in the surgery department working along many talented surgeons.
Pros
Many years of experience
Cons
worked short most of the time
Great Job, fun atmosphere, and wonderfull people.
Cook (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 20, 2017
Well I really like my job, everyday something new and interesting, I have learned so much about the cooking. The managing team are fun and exciting people, and my co workers are always happy.
Awesome Team
intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 16, 2017
Amazing team, definitely can be challenging when retention from patients are high. Good benefits, good work hours for life/work balance. Always looking for improvement in patient care.
New Company Ensemble
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 15, 2017
We are contracted out of Seton and a New Company Ensemble has taken over and I believe they are still in their learning phase but do not want to listen to those who have been here a lot time. They makes changes they are unnecessary to what we do in out dept. The hardest part about working for this company is trying to keep up with the overload with not enough and employees and still expect to work as a full staff when we don't have any even though they think we do. With the experience that i have in all areas i think that i deserve a better place of employment not to mention they give us unreachable goals to cut us out of our bonus which we worked hard for. Just and unfair and unreasonable company to work for
Pros
I have a job is the only pro
Cons
there is no employee moral, no incentives for those going over and beyond, treat us like robots instead of their emplyess.
Has good insurance
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2017
The people at Seton are great and the work is challenging at times. The patients, nurses and doctors work as a team.
Self scheduling is available and schedules are usually flexible.
Benefits
Cons
Annual bonuses have been inconsistent
Power-Drunk Management
Intensive Care Registered Nurse II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I was on a large list of people quality staff being bullied out by one unregulated supervisory that went unchecked by management because of personal alliances and the unwillingness to embrace conflict.
Great!
Paid Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 23, 2016
So much fun to work here. My supervisor was so welcoming to me. I learned so mich while I had this job., I looked forward to coming to work every day.
Worse place ever
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 1, 2016
If you would like to be treated poorly, if you want to have management mistreat you no matter how hard you work, do you want no lunches or breaks..... Then work here. It's not organized and no one cares. They will mistreat you as others look the other way. If you enjoy being bullied, then work here. I have nothing nice to say about this place or would I get seen here.
fun
Pulmonary/Renal Unit -Clinical Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2016
i always love working here when i was a CNA. people are fun to work with even in a busy day. cant wait to come wpork here again
Keep looking
ED Technician (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJune 25, 2016
Worked here as ED Tech trust me when I say you are no more than housekeeping to management. If you aren't one of the "in" group you will repeatedly be micromanaged by a tyrant charge nurse that has issues with All employees. Certain employees are privileged and get hour and a half lunches with their charge nurse while you are continually harassed about your whereabouts and activity. Over the course of my short time here I've been harassed physically assaulted by staff and patients with no mention of reported incidents from superiors. Do not bother to come in extra to help them out when they are short, they will outright lie to your face to get what they want regardless of the inconvenience you went through to help. You can also be written up for actions when your not even scheduled to work....like coming in early to fill a position to help them only to find out you were lied to and said position is filled. If you are desperate IE have no food to eat accept the ED tech position otherwise keep looking folks
Pros
Nice facility and equipment
Cons
Deplorable management
Productive and Fun Work Environment- Team Oriented
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2016
I did my clinical rotations for nursing school along side one charge nurse for the entire year of nursing school. I was hired on as a registered nurse after finishing school and receiving my license. I learned so much working on a medical surgical unit about different disease processes and illnesses. It was a great place to start my career where I was able to gain a broad knowledge base.
Pros
great work environment and well-run hospital
Cons
Night Shift
Acceptable work environment
Collection Analyst (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2016
Typical day was sitting at a cubes for 8+ hours looking a computer

Repetitious work, fun manager, co-workers were like any other office cube farm
Pros
NA
Cons
NA
Great place to volunteer!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Staff is very friendly and will help the individual that is willing to learn and progress in the field. Was a great opportunity to learn as much as I could.
great for entry level job
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 5, 2016
Seton offers entry level opportunities and the pay is not very competitive. They are not focused on pay for performance or promotion. Training and support needs improvement. Overall, It's a good place to work and learn.
Pros
great staff, friendly environment
Cons
entry level, no room for growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Seton Medical Center Reviews by Location