Seton Medical Center Employee Reviews

Volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 18, 2018
I appreciate the warm hospitality our nurses provide and their hard work at Seton Medical Center. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping them organize and restock their supplies. It's the least I can do for our amazing nurses at Seton Hospital.
Patient Access Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 16, 2018
I worked in Patient Access which is contracted, not a direct Seton employee. Seton is a family, I truly made life long friends and felt at home there.
Poor Management
Charge Nurse Perioperative Services (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXJanuary 13, 2018
Seton management encourages lateral violence among the staff. Adhering to policy is not promoted, Administration does not adhere to their own policies.
Very Big facility
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 8, 2018
Came to work at Seton Medical Center upon request of the staff in the blood bank. I was in my internship at the time so I was very flattered to be asked to come to work there before by graduation. Seton Medical Center had a hiring freeze soon after that time so I could not get a full time position after graduation.
Overall, great place to work.
Clinical Assistant, Oncology Unit (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 3, 2018
Overall, a great place to work with generous benefits but low salary. The best part about Seton for me was working in a team environment. The worst part was long hours.
busy,
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Harker Heights, TXDecember 28, 2017
a bit of predjudice in the office, work in cubicles, not good if you are claustiphobic . team work required,not for you if you work better on your own
Pros
lunchroom
seton
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXDecember 27, 2017
great place wonderful people I loved it. I did clean a lot but got to learn about every single department. I work mostly in the mother and baby area and I loved that I was part of the team in that area. It was my job to make sure mother and baby were safe from germs or even being able to clean up and make mom feel like she was happy.
Student nurse review
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 6, 2017
I am a student nurse and worked with a preceptor during my time at this hospital. Great management, well staffed unit, the nurses were very welcoming and taught me a lot.
Good Place to work, liked their work ethic. Like that it was a Daughter of Charity Hospital, NIce place , close to San Francisco, California.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAOctober 31, 2017
Good Place to Work. Liked the fact that it was a Daughter of Charity Hospital. Easy commute to work. Near San Francisco, California.
Good group of employees.
If upper management actually listened to some of staff requests, the company could benefit
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moss Beach, CAAugust 18, 2017
We were told multiple times that they wanted our feedback and when we gave requests and ideas we never got any recognition. It was unfortunate because some of us actually cared about the company a lot, but some managers did not care much about our input. Some staff who did not care for patient's and safety protocols would remain in the company and not be reprimanded for bad behavior. It was sad to see staff who didn't care about the outcome of their actions.
Pros
Some staff had great work ethic and standards which reflected on great customer service
Cons
inconsistencies and a lack of follow up for proper standards
productive
Echo Tech (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJuly 23, 2017
Best place to work. People were very nice to work with. The working environment was exceptional.Very innovative hospital especially their use of travelers.
Pros
Cafeteria is great
Cons
no cons
Cohesive and friendly environment.
Lead Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 20, 2017
It is always a pleasure
I work with a close, friendly crew that concentrate on patient care. Seton is a joy to work for . I would stay at Seton if the cost of living wasn't so outrageous. I simply cannot afford to live in the bay area any more.
Poor management
Facilities Director /Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 19, 2017
many directors feel that they have to leave from this toxic stress environment. Many including my self have already left with a couple of hours notice to end the unbearable!
Pros
Cons
abusive and pretentious incompetent C suite
I worked during an exciting team building, mission focused time
Nursing Director (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJune 8, 2017
Strong, engaged leadership team during 2010 and 2013. Dedicated long term and new leadership . Adopted Studer principles, hrly rounding, reduced workplace injuries, improved experience of care, engaged in community health improvement initiatives, expanded leadership training and staff development through didactic methods and leadership rounding. This was under Daughter's of Charity ownership. Ownership has changed and reports from firmer staff are of concern
Pros
On site gym, public transport support, staff education support, etc.
Cons
Unknown whether these positives are sustained under new ownership
Poor Management
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMay 11, 2017
At first it was great. I was loving to come to work everyday. Management were great, my hard work was acknowledge. Through out the years I sacrificed higher salary and better benefits from other places just to stay loyal to this Company. Until one day new manager came on board and I was not appreciated. The morality at work depreciated, and favoritism was on the rise. When an opportunity came again to stay or leave, I said 14 yrs was enough and it is time to put my self first over this place.
Cons
Poor management, no job security, no loyalty appreciation
Nurses aregreat team players
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 10, 2017
Working in the emergency room, there is a strong sense of comeraderie. Unfortunately, the new administration lacks moral guidance and the patients are caught in the middle.
Pros
great people
Cons
new management
Workplace
Administrative Director, Acute Care Services (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CAApril 2, 2017
This is a turn around hospital with a very unsettling culture. Huge challenges from the system level to the facility level. The facility is old and needs massive improvements to bring it to date. Still uses paper records.
Pros
Views
Cons
Culture of system and facility
Very professional workplace
Hospitality Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAMarch 7, 2017
This was a program aimed at helping volunteers become nurses or anyone going into the health field. I was interested in becoming a nurse at one point and I learned a lot in this program.

We had to wear professional uniforms. Every session, we had to dedicate half of the time visiting patients and making sure they were comfortable, and the other half to making discharge calls. While this program doesn't have any medical hands-on experience, it did provide volunteers with information on how the hospital system works.
Pros
professional, dignified, seeing happy patients
Cons
panic-inducing, long hours
Minimal staffing but expected to do a lot
Clinical Dietitian (Former Employee) –  Moss Beach, CAFebruary 2, 2017
Since the hospital has been bought by Verity, a lot of changes in staff, especially in management/administration. Communications between administration and the workforce is poor. No clear directions, instructions. Non-union workers have no job security and no scheduled raises.
Great place to volunteer!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Daly City, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Staff is very friendly and will help the individual that is willing to learn and progress in the field. Was a great opportunity to learn as much as I could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seton Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.