Seton Shoal Creek Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Psychiatric hospital with detox unit
Registered Nurse II Chemical Dependency (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 26, 2016
Working in detox was great experience. Patients were interested in improving their health and more open to teaching than one might expect. There were many surprises from day to day and staff were willing to assist each other when able to do so.
Pros
Most detox patients were independent in ADL's and other needs
Cons
Some patients are very medication - focused.
Money is more important than Patients' Welfare
Psychiatry Resident (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2016
Hospital management is more concerned with protecting reputation of established physicians as opposed to Patients' Health and Welfare.

Ethics, Integrity and Morality do not matter when it comes to Money and Reputation.
Wonderful opportunities for training
Intensive Outpatient Program therapist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 5, 2014
Typical days at work were busy with assessments, patient case management, care coordination and paperwork. We also did intensive group 4 nights per week. Staffing and other administrative duties on Friday. Co-workers were wonderful and supportive of one another. I got a lot of training and there is a lot of encouragement to learn in this job, but the unfortunate part of it all is that there is very little support in therapists wanting to stretch beyond their department. All that training and nowhere to go... Despite that I did receive a lot of support when there were difficulties with patients which is a hard part of working in mental health.
Pros
Supportive colleagues, training
Cons
Lack of support to evolve as a clinician
Colleagues are wonderful
Social Worker-PRN (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2014
I've enjoyed my co-workers immensely. They are well-trained wonderful individuals. Although I find that Seton wants to keep many of us as PRNs to avoid paying benefits. This is one of the biggest drawbacks..
My position at Seton Shoal Creek was supportive of my post-graduate academic work I loved the job and appreciated being able to study between patients
Admissions Triage/Assessment (prn) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 7, 2015
My responsibilities included interviewing and assessing patients for admission to the psychiatric hospital. I enjoyed the team of nurses and admin employees that I worked with and felt we served the patients well.
Pros
Working directly with the patients and being part of an effective close-knit team.
Cons
Frequent policy changes from the Ascension Health network.
great
cook (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 4, 2012
At Seton hospital, the managment could not be any better you have benefits, workers comp, the whole nine. and hours gauranteed
Nice people to work with
Health Information Technologist Clinicals (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 14, 2013
Co-operative people with best environment to work. Very friendly and caring staffs.

Seton Shoal Creek Hospital Reviews by Location