SETON Employee Reviews

job was pretty good and easy laid back
Order Puller, restock, material handler (Former Employee) –  North Branford, CTOctober 11, 2017
everything was pretty good. felt comfortable and loved comingbinto work every day to bad company mood to different state and was not able to move along
Pros
very active worker workers made you feel comfortable.
Cons
company move state
Rewarding yet hard working environment.
Seton Highland Lakes (Former Employee) –  Burnett, TXMarch 5, 2017
Amazing hard worker people that are dedicated to helping that currently work there. Very overworked environment with difficulty in having personal time off.
enjoyed working in a fast pace environment
Sr. Outreach Worker (Former Employee) –  Seton Medical Center of AustinJanuary 11, 2017
great co-workers, awesome environment to work at, job security and advancement is possible. lacking area for exercising. Long hours and rotating schedules is a downer.
Pros
Free lunches, great benefits
Cons
short brakes, rotating schedules
Beware of spd dept
SPD Technician (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 9, 2016
I worked for DCMC for two years in the Sterile Processing Dept. Loved the job itself and the hospital culture. The management and leadership of the surgical services is absolutely horrible and detrimental to your future. Very deceitful supervisors and managers. If you think this is just some random review knocking management, just ask around and you will find out how their employees are quitting this place. Turnover of SPD Techs is astounding. Must be some truth to what I say in this review. Trust in what I say, you do not want to work for this department within this hospital. CFO of this hospital is a very smart lady, but is totally blinded by his management staff. If She only knew, I guarantee there would be changes. Stay away from SPD at DELL.
Pros
Decent benefits and good culture with children
Cons
Horrible management and back stabbing supervisors
Exciting and safe place to work.
Patient Transporter (Current Employee) –  Daly City, CANovember 21, 2016
Everyday in a hospital is a new experience with new patients. I get to interact with new people everyday, which means my job requires me to stay on my toes every moment of every minute I'm working to be alert of my surroundings
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
bad benefits
I liked working with people at a hard time in their lives. Managment was new and did not know about hospice and provided little training.
Seton Hospice (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TXSeptember 30, 2016
I liked helping people but they were not going to get well and after a while this bothered me. I was not supported much by my manager and she would say negative things about her job and the company.
I learned how to recruite volunteers, learned about resources in the community, visited patients, used time management, marketed the hospice and gained positive relationships with co-workers.
Pros
Great co-workers, lunch at Seton Hospital, team approach used, learned about medical treatments and got to teach volunteers and clients.
Cons
Meeting sweet people, hearing facinating stories, providing them some peace, then them dying
Productive and face paced environment to work in
Multi-Channel Campaign Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTAugust 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job was the interaction I had with vendors and customers. My coworkers were great because we had the same goal and mission in our day to day production.
great benefits
floor care (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2015
good company to work, good benefits, a nice place to work. Wish management will be more fair with everyone. Also payroll need to improve when money is missing on the check everything else is great
Great Teaching Hospital
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2015
hardest part of job: feeling like you could have done more to help
I learned a lot from this hospital as a new nurse. Great mentors!
Pros
Great teaching hospital
Cons
lucky if you get a lunch break
Great Job! for Parents
Patient Access Representative II/ Seton-Hays (Current Employee) –  Kyle, TXJuly 31, 2015
My job has flexible hours that work around my children's school schedule. My job allows people to phone in for meetings.
Internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2015
My internship here was rewarding and beneficial. I learned a lot during my time here. I believe I can take my learning experience with me for the rest of my career.
a very calm workplace
Shipper/Receiver (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTOctober 9, 2014
a typical day a work i am picking and packing the products and also loading them onto the truck
Pros
free lunch 45 min lunch breaks
Cons
the job is ending soon
Enjoyable work atmosphere and great variety of employees.
Distribution Lead (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTMay 1, 2014
Everyday can bring a new challenge.
Was able to cross train in many different departments/areas.
Worked under and alongside great leadership.
Established wonderful relationships with numerous individuals.
Leaving the company had to be the hardest part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and working alongside all of my peers.
Pros
Company events and the people.
Cons
Great staff and work balance
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 9, 2014
It is a great company to work for. The staff is always willing to help you out. They always appreciated it when you went out of your way to help out when you could. The hardest part of the job was sometimes showing up for your shift and being sent home 2 hours later.
Great company to work for, does a lot of community events
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 7, 2014
This is a company that cares a lot about their employees and the community. Very fast paced and there is always something that needs to be done. Have to be able to quickly come up with a solution, and be able to finish everything you want to do with one customer before hanging up with them, not a lot of time in between phone calls/chats to finish up with what you are doing. Coworkers at this job are very friendly and helpful so any questions you may have will be answered in a timely manner.
Pros
free lunches, happy hours, contests with great prizes
Cons
half hour lunches in a busy area, minimal time between phone calls to catch up on work, training for new positions
14 years with Seton
Shipping (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTSeptember 14, 2013
I began as a valve tag stamper(machine operator) for my first six years. That position became outsourced and I was offered a shipping position for the custom made orders. I was trained in SAP where I can confirm (co15) create packing slip(vl01n) look into an order to see if it is complete,see reason for a returned product,(va02) Also using co02 I can change the quantity of stock products if needed.After 2 years I was put in distribution where all shipping got done in the same area. New managemnet came along and brought me back to manufacturing floor and the water spider became my title.The hardest part is crunch time when it becomes stressful rushing to get all orders to the scale on time.But it is also enjoyable to accomplish that day after day. I work well on my own or with co-workers. I have also trained others how to ship finding the best way is to let them start hands on as I walk them through each step. Finally I stock and restock my shipping station with corrugated boxes,envelopes,packing slip paper,plain paper,tape for the boxes,rolls of paper for packages.Empty the trash,sweep the floor. And turn off all equipment before going home. I have excellent work ethics.Perfect attendance,respect for others,willing to do my part and help others however I may.
Pros
good people..I like the hours 10:30am /7pm.45 min. lunch break. nice location.
Cons
company is closing very soon.
Great people here
School Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin,TXDecember 28, 2012
Work was pretty busy. Leared lots at all my Elementary schools. I enjoy the food they would always have and everybody that i ran into at each campus seemed to know me and we would learn from each other. The hardest part of the job would be Lice screens.
Pros
lots of food. enjoy every second of it
I need a less physical job and really want to work with abused kids/women
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2012
Assess patients,give medications,keep patients clean,dry,comfortable,include family when needed...I have been taking care of people in hospital settings since 1981 to present and I have learned how to care for both the physical and emotional needs.I worked as team leader for most of my career,learning how to support the staff as well as the patients. The managers at my present job are helpful,my co-workers are great. The hardest part of my job is the physical requirements...I just turned 59 and find I have more trouble with turning and lifting patients than I did a few years ago. The most enjoyable part of my job is talking with patients and their families...everyone has their own story,I have the privilege to hear those stories.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
too much physical work
a very enjoyable work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Branford, CTJuly 1, 2012
training friendly work environment, and friendly co-worker.
Pros
calm work place
Cons
location
The job pays good
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, Mo.December 14, 2011
the job pays good but the stressful conditions of the administration being down talked to belittled but the other employees was great human resources dental high school but the administration no good
Pros
the employees, the senior buddies, the high school students
Cons
administration