We are seeking a Director of Operations who will work closely with the Medical Director and Chief Executive Officer to ensure that the health center’s operations are consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, values and strategic goals.
- Develops and implements procedures, policies, protocols and standards for improving patient care and evaluates their effectiveness.
- Works closely with CEO and Fiscal Department to manage the budget process, develop financial plans and provide fiscal oversight and monitoring of health center operations. Ensures the implementation of grant deliverables, budgetary and reporting requirements within assigned areas. Assists in revenue generation and fundraising activities to support program operations.
- Provides leadership and guidance to assigned Managers to ensure that programs and services operate at an optimal level and with an emphasis on quality, efficiency and customer service.
- Evaluates the training and education needs of assigned department staff to ensure continued growth and development. Monitors patient appointment system, volume activity and quality of service.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies for patient care and operations management. Monitors performance against regulations and standards, identifying and correcting deficiencies.
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Committee; actively participates in Executive Committee meetings and related projects.
- Exemplary communication skills (listening, verbal and written); Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with, lead and manage a diverse staff.
- Knowledge of healthcare management and FQHC operations and guidelines.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Minimum education and experience requirements:
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Public Policy, Business or a related field.
- Five year’s progressively responsible senior leadership experience in an FQHC, hospital, health center or similar environment; Prior experience working with non-profit organizations.
Salary: $80K -$100K
Settlement Health has been serving the community of East Harlem since 1977. We are a non profit community health center dedicated to...