Seven Corners Employee Reviews in United States

Promised the world, delivered little
Workers Compensation Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INMarch 2, 2016
Management recruited me from a stable job to a new position which did not go as planned. When their lack of follow through failed, my position got cut.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Cut hours due to their bad planning
Growing Company
Claims (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 25, 2016
Very stressful environment. Company is growing very rapidly and is leaving good employees behind in doing so. Employees are not a focus, they are seen only as numbers and not as people.
Good Co-workers, Stressful work, Bad benefits
Assist Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 5, 2015
It's a small company that's all in the same building together. Typical day in call center involves taking 50-70 calls on average during daytime. You will be expected to also answer customer e-mails and live chats while calls come in during you work shift. Call center is 24/7, broken up into 3 shifts.

Benefits are okay, the health insurance is high deductible with an HSA account the company contributes into. Though this may have been changing. 2 weeks paid vacation time off every work year + 4 hours paid sick time off every month that adds up until the end of the calendar year.

Upper management is young and energetic, but seem to not listen to what the company needs. Too much demand on individual workers due to so many new products and customers. Should hire on new workers to help spread the workload, but refuses to stating current employees aren't working hard enough.

Co-workers I worked with were the best part of the job. Working in a call center is stressful, so it's fantastic to have good people to joke with between calls while also being able to rely on so many of them when you need help.

Hardest part of this job is you will often have to tell people that buy the cheapest options sold that their expenses are either not covered or only a small fraction is covered by the insurance plan they purchased. These conversations are common for most health insurance companies customer service positions though so it's expected. You have to break a lot of bad news and deal with customers who are either devastated or irate about unpaid bills they claimed.
Pros
Good co-workers and nice small company work environment.
Cons
Upper management needs to hire more staff.
Great Place to work
Senior Claims Analyst (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 27, 2015
I enjoy going in everyday. Just think that there should be a better open door policy with out retaliation. Anyone that has every spoken to management or even human resource about issues on the floor has found themselves jobless within a week or two.
Pros
the enivironment is great
Professionalism is very poor
Claim Analyst (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 22, 2015
A work day at this company is very stressful. The managers are not on the same page, confidentiality is horrible and overall disorganized.
medium paced work place with lots of employee gatherings
CSR-International Assist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 11, 2014
Answer international calls about insurance claims and benefits. Data enter claim forms.
Pros
managers willing to work with you regarding need time off
Cons
short breaks, not enough hours
Worst place ever!
Claims Support (Current Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaOctober 12, 2014
I would not recommend the Claims Support Technician position to any one. You are misled during the interview and once hired you are slaving at a computer doing data entry for 8 hours or more. This department is so unorganized.
Pros
free soda
Cons
benefits are so high you can't afford, if you have a family you really can't afford them, pto and vacation time suck
Owners keep everyone informed and value employees opinions.
International Assist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Assist DepartmentJuly 5, 2014
I like my job even though it is busy from the moment i walk in until i leave. My coworkers are awesome. My dept. is incredibly diverse which is great. Everyone is fun to work with and most everyone works very hard at what they do and are customer service professionals. I have learned a lot about insurance and international healthcare since i started at Seven Corners. The bad side, I feel like training was not good in my department (almost nonexistent) although i hear that company wide the plan is to make new hire orientation and training better. Employee insurance is very unreasonably expensive too. Paid time off, vaca time and flexible scheduling is a huge plus.
Pros
company culture, birthday lunches, free soft drinks, events, coworkers
Cons
insurance fo employees is poor, high premiums, high deductible, desk space is my dept is cramped
it was ok
International Assist Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carmel, INJanuary 24, 2014
the person that helped me was helpful and always polite and knew of job leads
Pros
good source of temp work
Cons
not alot of work available permanent
At the beginning of my employment with this company is was a great place to work. 10 year later, not so much.
Sr. Claim Analyst, (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INSeptember 12, 2013
My day usually began at 6:00 a.m. with claim processing, and auditing of claims processed by other examiners. It as an interesting position, in that I was treated to a number of different claims from countries outside the U.S. The most enjoyable part of my job was the contact with various agents, and insured's, most of whom were easy to talk with.
Pros
occasional lunches provided by management, company christmas party
Cons
health care was very expensive
It is a good company to work for based on my 6 mo. experience.
File/Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 31, 2013
I enjoyed working for this company because they made me feel like part of the team. Everyone was professional and did their work with out any complaints.

I learned how to file data with a alpha and numeric filing system that only this company used. I used a postal machine to date stamp the mail, and retrieved faxes for insurance claim request, made some phone calls when necessary. I sorted the mail based on who was to receive it and sent it to the correct department. I Removed and rotated old files for storage when the file cabinets became full. In addition, I did what ever they requested for this temporary contract position.

My co-workers and managers were really nice to be around.

The hardest part of the job was the never ending filing, and the most enjoyable was working with people that were great to be around.
Pros
employees were give all the fee soda they wanted.
Cons
it was only a temporary position.
Good working environment
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaApril 12, 2012
I worked in trip cancellation department. They all were good in answering my questions and my training. Co-workers were nice. They had birthday party once a month and have other events going on.
Pros
co-workers were nice
Cons
can't think of any

2.8