Seven Counties Services Inc

Seven Counties Services Inc United States Employee Reviews

Productive and satisfying workplace.
Primary Therapist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2014
Productive and satisfying workplace with opportunity to advance. Well managed with good benefits.
Ability to work with a variety of people,
Sadly, be warned...
Administrative Services (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2014
I wish I had something good to say, but my experience was a downward spiral. I was placed her by a staffing agency and things were pretty good at that time. I was the front desk receptionist for a busy healthcare facility regulated by The Joint Commission. The division I worked for was completely dysfunctional. Management is inept and ineffective. Gossip was like a workplace viral infection. They often confuse friendships with work relationships. They have cultivated a culture of bullies and dishonesty. I learned how to recognize boundary infractions and sabotage in the work place. A typical day was riddled with conflict and nonsense.
Great mission and the clients and co-workers were awesome
Senior Business Professional (Current Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: not enough hours in the day
Working with great clients on various programs offered by Seven Counties Services.
I learned to love and appreciate the work that I do and how it touched the lives of our clients.
Management and co-worker were always helpful and willing to go above and beyond for all of the clients.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to become too attached to the families we worked with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I'm touching the lives of our clients in a positive way everyday.
Culture and moral too low
Health Information Management Supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2014
Pros: some staff
Cons: micro management
not a good place to work, director micromanages and doesnt entrust staff to perform job duties.
fellow associates were good team players
RN (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2014
Pros: food good for most part and all seemed to be team players as one.
Cons: vending machines and maybe too many double shift asked of me.
Start with re previous shift debriefing of all changes.
Each shift presented new issues to address.
Support from Management was good and responsive in a timely manner.
Co-workers were close as a team and very support.
Just performed best as I could at all times with delt with change well.
Providing care for our patents.
Financial Difficulties
Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2014
Cons: high productivity demands, few benefits, low pay
Company Filed for bankruptcy and is currently going through major changes in structure and presents a high demand on productivity.
Constant moving targets, favoritism, history of financial mismanagement
Service Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2014
Pros: intelligent, caring & dedicated co-workers/front line staff, autonomy, no day is the same, networking, ability to make a positive difference in community (although diminished)
Cons: pay, mgmt styles, little room for advancement, quality no longer a priority, history of poor company financial mgmt, decreased benfits
A typical day includes balancing contact with clients and collaterals, via phone and meetings all over the city, with tons of paperwork. Due to SCS’s financial crisis that has just been brought to light in the past couple of years, job requirements and penalties increased significantly. Bonuses were introduced, but you won't be paid if they don't have the money that month (& they’re about 2 months behind in paying them). The line "At least we have a job" is heard frequently, and IMO, it is to discourage even more people from leaving & entering the "horrible" job market. HR has been contracted out (making things more confusing for staff), some staff are now hired under "Laurus Strategies" so they don't get certain benefits. Flex time has been taken away, participation in state retirement has ceased and there have been 2 raises in 7 years. Mgmt told staff that there would likely be a small raise in 2014, but it didn’t happen. One will be sharing cramped offices with multiple people (good luck on making your required phone calls and writing reports in that environment). SCS did, however, recently complete an expensive renovation to make a waiting area look pretty.

Since they filed for bankruptcy, it has been explained that they will close if the judgment does not go their way & they’ll reopen under a different name (as they did years ago). In this case, it is assumed they will follow the model of re-hiring their chosen employees at a lower pay rate.

A memo from senior mgmt was given to other programs in the beginning of 12/13, addressing many programs, including ours. It said – more... that people would receive a pay cut or be fired if they did not meet certain expectations, starting 1/1/14. A mass email from senior mgmt went out in 1/14, addressing the new policy vaguely and stating that if we had questions, we could ask our Mgrs. Our program was still in the dark about the policy. After a Mgr was asked about it multiple times in Dec. and Jan., it was finally addressed, unclearly, mid Feb. by the Program Mgr. The explanation was that, yes, our jobs could be in jeopardy, but she was given carte blanche on how to determine who would be fired. Staff asked for this in writing, it was agreed, but never happened. (This policy does not affect mgrs, only front line staff.)

The mgrs generally appear scared of the Prog. Mgr and do not question her or advocate for their staff to their ability. Vacation time that could’ve been donated to other employees for a time of need (otherwise, will expire), has been declined so that no one can use that earned time & SCS saves $$. At least one manager does not hide her favoritism. (Helping some with their workloads and ignoring violations of some while making greater demands on others.) This dept. has a history of showing favoritism to men, as well. Mgmt has asked staff multiple times to engage in HIGHLY questionable conduct (changing/adding dates/signatures of clients to forms, etc.) for $$ purposes. Mgt has also utilized “the silent treatment".

The program has nearly tripled (to increase $$) in recent years and first line mgmt appears to be overburdened. In this dept., there was no consistency in the paperwork expectations. Staff is told to focus on one thing or to tell our clients that we can offer a service, only for it to soon be changed. It can be embarrassing when having to try to explain changes to clients/other professionals. Due to increased workload, everyone knows that getting ALL of the requirements done in 40 hours/wk, for the deadline each month. Many volunteer their time for free after the 40 hours. Improper/fraudulent techniques are "rumored" to have been utilized by staff to complete goals to avoid harsh penalties. Many went into this field to help others and felt guilty about often providing poor services due to the increased workload. Some admit to working for the bonuses, in order to support themselves, knowing that completing this additional work reduced their quality of services to clients further. Your monthly expectations remain the same, regardless of whether you take sick/vacation time. Quality is no longer a priority. The front line staff, though many have already left, are amazing people who give of themselves even on days when there is little left to give. – less
Very enjoyable place to work where one can see change in individuals
Therapist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJune 30, 2014
Pros: working with diverse population
Cons: working in unsafe enviroments
The work day depend on case load, very demanding job that continues to be a good learning environment. I have learned how significant it is that a individual understands that someone cares about their struggles, and no matter what the situation be willing to take the time to listen. My co-worker are awesome, and are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of the job was seeing individuals who continue to struggle and experience difficulty in life. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing change and growth in individuals, and seeing them smile despite difficulties.
Close team; Direct mgmt supportive; Reliance on team building
Therapist, HELP Team/Family Preservation Program (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: working with families with complex issues
Cons: on-call 24/7.
Balancing the concrete needs with the therapeutic needs of families on case load. Ensuring that documentation is prompt, accurate, and concise. Learned how to utilize a myriad of modalities. Had to be flexible, and put on numerous "hats" and roles. Direct mgmt is supportive and engaging. Co-workers are supportive, and aide me in seeing a different perspective and not to succumb to secondary trauma. Hardest part is being on-call 24/7. Most enjoyable is seeing changes in clients and families.
Challenging work place - supportive staff
Therapist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2013
Pros: opportunity to help people, free supervision
Cons: productivity requirements/increases, no raises, low salaries
The clients we see are usually a challenging population, and often are court ordered to treatment and so aren't as receptive as one would hope. However, depending on your department/division, your direct supervisors are generally supportive and understanding. Currently there are changes going on which may alter the current job culture and support from upper management.
The best job I have ever have
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYNovember 22, 2013
Pros: i loved what i did, i was there at night do paper work, and fileing out forms so they got what they needed, when every one else had gone home.
Cons: i was only allowed to work so may hours, and they stopped me from stay to late to complete, my work.
I did groups, I brought people in from the community to do groups. Social Security. Food Stamp Reps, to explain how their services work for our clients. I had been trained to be a Peer Support Specialist. A client trained to work with the clients. Plus I have two degrees in Social Work. I found people homes, I did intakes, and just provided support for them to just talk, when they need someone. I always kept them connected to outside resources, and made sure they had what they needed. I also worked with their Case Workers, Doctors, and outside resources.
There have been many changes in the agency in the last few years.
Principal Social Worker (Current Employee), Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2013
Pros: i still have a job
Cons: company's productivity requirement
I enjoy working with my co-workers and supervisors as I provide direct contact with clients and families as well as non direct contacts via e-mails and phone calls, or letters. The hardest part of the job is to deal with many changes from month to month as demands increase and no raise in the last 3 years. The most enjoyable part of the job is when clients and families make progress and share their stories.
has flexibility
Therapist (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2013
Pros: flexibility
Cons: mentally taxing
your schedule is flexible, make appointments for clients and do follow up documentation. Very mentally taxing .
Wonderful place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2013
Pros: great staff, great office setting and awesome people
Cons: the pay
Working at Seven Counties was a joy everyday. I had busy days and sometimes difficult things to deal with, but over all it was the best office I have ever worked in. The therapist and doctor were amazing and I enjoyed getting to know the patients.
Unproffesional management and work environment
Senior Business Professional (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2013
Pros: it was located close to my home, some kind people worked there
Cons: unprofessional management and work environment
Every day was monotonous, and filled with having to tell your personal business to everyone that is if you wanted to be liked there. I was the only business professional who had a B.S. on my team, and I was treated the worst because I didn't tell my personal business to my supervisor. On my team of workers, there were only two that weren't backstabbing and manipulative.
Great work experience
Community Support Specialist (Current Employee), Louisville, KYApril 18, 2013
Pros: casual work environment
Cons: hard to andvance
If you need an entry level job in the mental health field this is a great place to work. Advancement isn't easy to get but experience is. Training is provided and encouraged.
Charge Nurse/ House Supervisor
Mental Health Charge Nurse / Shift Coordinator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: patient interaction, personal fullfilment, compensation
Cons: some of the danger involved with the acutely psychotic patients.
A typical day as charge nurse would start with getting report from the off-going shift, doing unit rounds to check on unit patients and making out staff assignments sheet for that shift. Direct care and evaluation of acutely ill patients and daily progress and documentation of such. Working with MD's for changes in orders and/or immediately needed medications as situations frequently arise in this type of facility for the safety of all patient and staff alike.

With acutely ill individuals each shift can be a leaning opportunity ad often is. Respecting your co-workers and management is necessary in a frequently unpredictable atmosphere such as a locked down facility.

The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping a quiet and safe milieu for both staff and patients.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the interaction with these very ill people and observing them as they became well again.
Caring company to work for
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 11, 2013
Pros: meals for $1
Cons: continuously being pulled to other units due to short staffed
I enjoy working with the staff and the patients. A typical day at work can start out being hectic but with help of my team members working together we handle all situations promptly and efficiently.
great place to work for.
Practicum Student/ Therapist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYDecember 28, 2012
Pros: free lunch from drug reps at least once a week
Cons: none.
I did not know what I had until I left this company. They offer great benefits, competitive salary, and the co-workers are superb!
Poor management, Office managers show favortism, No room for advancement, Job duties are mindless work, etc.
Senior Business Professional (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJune 30, 2012
Pros: vacation time
Cons: everything else
I was being forced to take on a second full-time position, and they were not going to give me any compensation in my salary. I was one of the only people in my department with a Bachelor's degree, and I got paid at the lower end of the salary range. If you do not kiss up to the management, if you don't share your personal life with your boss, and if you don't spend the whole day talking with your boss (when you should be working), then you will get the worst job duties, you will be fired, and until you are fired the management will make sure you know they don't like you. Everyone talks about everyone else behind their backs, and if you don't join in on the gossip (like I didn't), they will just talk about you and think that you don't like anyone. Yes, this was my experience with SCS, and I'm so thankful that I don't work there any more!!!

Seven Counties Services Inc Salaries