Seven Counties Services Inc Employee Reviews

Excellent Work enviroment
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 17, 2016
I was an Peer Support Specialist, Thats a Client who is trained to work with the clients. I left there in 2010, because I saw many client who stole a candy bar and went to jail, then got out, then they came back to us. We cleaned them up. Then they stole again, and went back to jail. Working at Seven Counties allowed me to help them with housing, food stamps, get their SSI, SSD, and help them in a way their Case workers could not. I have an advantage, over their doctors, their nurses, and every one else. I was one of them. I know what its was like to be homeless. I know what its like to have no food., . . Seven Counties provides many services to clients, and I admire that. I no longer work there and I regret that I am not part of the many changes today. I am continuing to pursue my education so I can be a part of their Mission. To stop this Merry-go-round that the Mentally-ill live on. In and out Jail, there entire lives.
Pros
I was a part of a mission that is still going on, and I am still going to school to help complete my part of that mission
Cons
Case loads many workers had to handle, I watched many good workers quite because of their case load.
Never a dull or boring day
Data entry for Physician & Clinical summaries (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
I absolutely loved working for Seven Counties for several reasons. I had a Director who I felt valued my work and depended on me. Working in Emergency Psych Services you never experienced the same thing 2 days in a row. It was a very high pace atmosphere and you always had to be very conscious of your surroundings because many patients would be under some type of mental distress. Most people would questioned "how could you work in there" but I worked with an awesome group of doctors, nurses and social workers who made the job very enjoyable and rewarding. The most important thing I learned was compassion and most difficult was knowing you can't force someone to take there medication even when they know it will help them manage there mental behavior.
Pros
High pace atmosphere
Cons
24 hour facility and you could be on call anytime of day.
Team work
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 14, 2015
I enjoy being able to see the progress that the patients makes after being on their medications. I also enjoy the diversity of the patients and staff that I work with.
Pros
Low cost meals
Cons
No room to advance
Supportive environment
Art Therapy Intern (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMay 18, 2015
Each day I get to know the teenagers more and learn how to best help them in recovery. Co-workers work well together to provide the best treatment. I learned how to think on my feet fast. I learned how to meet each client where they were at and then progress to encourage change from unhealthy to healthy behavior. The clients are the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with notes, mostly after leading large groups. Also, fitting in individual client sessions can be tricky with time.
Great Place and have dedicated most of my working years here
Office Manager II (Former Employee) –  Crums Lane Louisville KYJanuary 23, 2015
Extremely busy, working in various fields over the course of years from 1994 to present, starting with Children and Families, Adult Severe Mental Health, Addictions to Elderly care. Agency lost it's originator, Howard Bracco a couple years back and I've been watching the agency as a whole become less for the people and more about funds. Sad to see and hard to work with.
Pros
excellent hours for family life
Cons
way too much turnover of staff
Productive and satisfying workplace.
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 30, 2014
Productive and satisfying workplace with opportunity to advance. Well managed with good benefits.
Ability to work with a variety of people,
Sadly, be warned...
Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2014
I wish I had something good to say, but my experience was a downward spiral. I was placed her by a staffing agency and things were pretty good at that time. I was the front desk receptionist for a busy healthcare facility regulated by The Joint Commission. The division I worked for was completely dysfunctional. Management is inept and ineffective. Gossip was like a workplace viral infection. They often confuse friendships with work relationships. They have cultivated a culture of bullies and dishonesty. I learned how to recognize boundary infractions and sabotage in the work place. A typical day was riddled with conflict and nonsense.
Great mission and the clients and co-workers were awesome
Senior Business Professional (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 19, 2014
Working with great clients on various programs offered by Seven Counties Services.
I learned to love and appreciate the work that I do and how it touched the lives of our clients.
Management and co-worker were always helpful and willing to go above and beyond for all of the clients.
The hardest part of the job was trying not to become too attached to the families we worked with.
The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I'm touching the lives of our clients in a positive way everyday.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not enough hours in the day
Culture and moral too low
Health Information Management Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 10, 2014
not a good place to work, director micromanages and doesnt entrust staff to perform job duties.
Pros
some staff
Cons
micro management
fellow associates were good team players
RN (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2014
Start with re previous shift debriefing of all changes.
Each shift presented new issues to address.
Support from Management was good and responsive in a timely manner.
Co-workers were close as a team and very support.
Just performed best as I could at all times with delt with change well.
Providing care for our patents.
Pros
food good for most part and all seemed to be team players as one.
Cons
vending machines and maybe too many double shift asked of me.
Financial Difficulties
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 29, 2014
Company Filed for bankruptcy and is currently going through major changes in structure and presents a high demand on productivity.
Cons
high productivity demands, few benefits, low pay
Constant moving targets, favoritism, history of financial mismanagement
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 20, 2014
A typical day includes balancing contact with clients and collaterals, via phone and meetings all over the city, with tons of paperwork. Due to SCS’s financial crisis that has just been brought to light in the past couple of years, job requirements and penalties increased significantly. Bonuses were introduced, but you won't be paid if they don't have the money that month (& they’re about 2 months behind in paying them). The line "At least we have a job" is heard frequently, and IMO, it is to discourage even more people from leaving & entering the "horrible" job market. HR has been contracted out (making things more confusing for staff), some staff are now hired under "Laurus Strategies" so they don't get certain benefits. Flex time has been taken away, participation in state retirement has ceased and there have been 2 raises in 7 years. Mgmt told staff that there would likely be a small raise in 2014, but it didn’t happen. One will be sharing cramped offices with multiple people (good luck on making your required phone calls and writing reports in that environment). SCS did, however, recently complete an expensive renovation to make a waiting area look pretty.

Since they filed for bankruptcy, it has been explained that they will close if the judgment does not go their way & they’ll reopen under a different name (as they did years ago). In this case, it is assumed they will follow the model of re-hiring their chosen employees at a lower pay rate.

A memo from senior mgmt was given to other programs in the beginning of 12/13, addressing many programs, including ours. It said
  more... that people would receive a pay cut or be fired if they did not meet certain expectations, starting 1/1/14. A mass email from senior mgmt went out in 1/14, addressing the new policy vaguely and stating that if we had questions, we could ask our Mgrs. Our program was still in the dark about the policy. After a Mgr was asked about it multiple times in Dec. and Jan., it was finally addressed, unclearly, mid Feb. by the Program Mgr. The explanation was that, yes, our jobs could be in jeopardy, but she was given carte blanche on how to determine who would be fired. Staff asked for this in writing, it was agreed, but never happened. (This policy does not affect mgrs, only front line staff.)

The mgrs generally appear scared of the Prog. Mgr and do not question her or advocate for their staff to their ability. Vacation time that could’ve been donated to other employees for a time of need (otherwise, will expire), has been declined so that no one can use that earned time & SCS saves $$. At least one manager does not hide her favoritism. (Helping some with their workloads and ignoring violations of some while making greater demands on others.) This dept. has a history of showing favoritism to men, as well. Mgmt has asked staff multiple times to engage in HIGHLY questionable conduct (changing/adding dates/signatures of clients to forms, etc.) for $$ purposes. Mgt has also utilized “the silent treatment".

The program has nearly tripled (to increase $$) in recent years and first line mgmt appears to be overburdened. In this dept., there was no consistency in the paperwork expectations. Staff is told to focus on one thing or to tell our clients that we can offer a service, only for it to soon be changed. It can be embarrassing when having to try to explain changes to clients/other professionals. Due to increased workload, everyone knows that getting ALL of the requirements done in 40 hours/wk, for the deadline each month. Many volunteer their time for free after the 40 hours. Improper/fraudulent techniques are "rumored" to have been utilized by staff to complete goals to avoid harsh penalties. Many went into this field to help others and felt guilty about often providing poor services due to the increased workload. Some admit to working for the bonuses, in order to support themselves, knowing that completing this additional work reduced their quality of services to clients further. Your monthly expectations remain the same, regardless of whether you take sick/vacation time. Quality is no longer a priority. The front line staff, though many have already left, are amazing people who give of themselves even on days when there is little left to give.
Pros
intelligent, caring & dedicated co-workers/front line staff, autonomy, no day is the same, networking, ability to make a positive difference in community (although diminished)
Cons
pay, mgmt styles, little room for advancement, quality no longer a priority, history of poor company financial mgmt, decreased benfits
Very enjoyable place to work where one can see change in individuals
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2014
The work day depend on case load, very demanding job that continues to be a good learning environment. I have learned how significant it is that a individual understands that someone cares about their struggles, and no matter what the situation be willing to take the time to listen. My co-worker are awesome, and are always willing to lend a helping hand if needed. The hardest part of the job was seeing individuals who continue to struggle and experience difficulty in life. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing change and growth in individuals, and seeing them smile despite difficulties.
Pros
working with diverse population
Cons
working in unsafe enviroments
Close team; Direct mgmt supportive; Reliance on team building
Therapist, HELP Team/Family Preservation Program (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 16, 2014
Balancing the concrete needs with the therapeutic needs of families on case load. Ensuring that documentation is prompt, accurate, and concise. Learned how to utilize a myriad of modalities. Had to be flexible, and put on numerous "hats" and roles. Direct mgmt is supportive and engaging. Co-workers are supportive, and aide me in seeing a different perspective and not to succumb to secondary trauma. Hardest part is being on-call 24/7. Most enjoyable is seeing changes in clients and families.
Pros
working with families with complex issues
Cons
on-call 24/7.
Challenging work place - supportive staff
Therapist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 18, 2013
The clients we see are usually a challenging population, and often are court ordered to treatment and so aren't as receptive as one would hope. However, depending on your department/division, your direct supervisors are generally supportive and understanding. Currently there are changes going on which may alter the current job culture and support from upper management.
Pros
opportunity to help people, free supervision
Cons
productivity requirements/increases, no raises, low salaries
The best job I have ever have
Certified Peer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 22, 2013
I did groups, I brought people in from the community to do groups. Social Security. Food Stamp Reps, to explain how their services work for our clients. I had been trained to be a Peer Support Specialist. A client trained to work with the clients. Plus I have two degrees in Social Work. I found people homes, I did intakes, and just provided support for them to just talk, when they need someone. I always kept them connected to outside resources, and made sure they had what they needed. I also worked with their Case Workers, Doctors, and outside resources.
Pros
i loved what i did, i was there at night do paper work, and fileing out forms so they got what they needed, when every one else had gone home.
Cons
i was only allowed to work so may hours, and they stopped me from stay to late to complete, my work.
There have been many changes in the agency in the last few years.
Principal Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 20, 2013
I enjoy working with my co-workers and supervisors as I provide direct contact with clients and families as well as non direct contacts via e-mails and phone calls, or letters. The hardest part of the job is to deal with many changes from month to month as demands increase and no raise in the last 3 years. The most enjoyable part of the job is when clients and families make progress and share their stories.
Pros
i still have a job
Cons
company's productivity requirement
has flexibility
Therapist (Independent Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 22, 2013
your schedule is flexible, make appointments for clients and do follow up documentation. Very mentally taxing .
Pros
flexibility
Cons
mentally taxing
Wonderful place to work
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2013
Working at Seven Counties was a joy everyday. I had busy days and sometimes difficult things to deal with, but over all it was the best office I have ever worked in. The therapist and doctor were amazing and I enjoyed getting to know the patients.
Pros
great staff, great office setting and awesome people
Cons
the pay
Unproffesional management and work environment
Senior Business Professional (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2013
Every day was monotonous, and filled with having to tell your personal business to everyone that is if you wanted to be liked there. I was the only business professional who had a B.S. on my team, and I was treated the worst because I didn't tell my personal business to my supervisor. On my team of workers, there were only two that weren't backstabbing and manipulative.
Pros
it was located close to my home, some kind people worked there
Cons
unprofessional management and work environment

2.9