Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews

Great kids
PASS Worker (Former Employee) –  Cranston, RINovember 14, 2017
This company is good for people who are looking to get experience working with kids, early in college. Unfortunately, Seven Hills gives employees NO BENEFITS. Zero. Salaries are very low and hours are very few. My checks were $50 per week.
Pros
Rewarding work with kids
Cons
Incredibly low pay and hours. No benefits
N/a
Barista/Trainer/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 12, 2017
Not really a lot to say about this company forreal worked long hours and did manager work with employee pay wasn’t worth it at all wish I️ would’ve known more
Not a place for career and salary advancements
Activities Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 12, 2017
monitoring different people with a wide range of behaviors and ensuring a safe and balanced environment for them. Helping them make better educated decisions while helping maintain there dignity and respect. dealing with sometimes difficult situations and behaviors in the least invasive and smoothest way possible.

I've learnt to have a higher level of patience, compassion, and empathy towards others. This job has helped me to appreciate the small things in life that we take for granted.

Seven Hills is a place that aims to maintain the participants independence.

The hardest parts of the job is having staff who work on the floor and management see eye to eye. Also maintaining a professional relationship with individuals we serve. many times we as staff can take things personal vice versa.

The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to make a difference in a persons life. Helping them to learn and gain skills to better function in society and exercising their human rights.
Pros
teaches you people skills/ helps others
Cons
No room for growth/ dead end
Depends on needs of clients
Respite Worker (Current Employee) –  Sturbridge, MAOctober 6, 2017
Respite care changes frequently and different clients can and do need different temperaments, and many follow different behavioral plans so work is never the same.
Awful management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 2, 2017
Tried to make it work in a number of locations but the management was awful everywhere. Lazy workers get away with anything, hard workers get pushed to do even more while their lazy co-workers are just sitting around doing nothing.
challenging
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed working with clients assisting in activities, choice making and exploring life in their community. My challenge was trying to get too much done in one day. The hours spent at work consumed 75 % of my life. I shortchanged my own life and family providing 15 plus hours of care at my job. If I were to return, Id prioritize my time differently. My overall experience with the Company was positive and helped me become more empathetic to the needs of others with severe challenges.
Pros
met amazing people who impacted my life
Cons
too many hours spent away from my family and left me drained.
Excellent working condtions
Director of International program (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 18, 2017
I had a wonderful experience at Seven Hills...and I am only looking for a part time position. If you call me in for an interview I can give more details
Frustrating and Misleading workplace
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 14, 2017
Management is a very difficult thing to deal with when working here. There is little to no team work and there is always a communication issue with upper level management and lower level staff.
Extremely laid back environment
Direct Support Counselor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 12, 2017
Higher management gives lack of support and they never follow threw with things said one thing and it ends up to something else overall if you are a hard worker and really care about the people you support then you will love your job their but if you are just their because its just a job for you then better think again about your place of work at seven hills cause i think if they had more people their that cared about the individual and loved what they do the place would be better working environment and they really need more english speaking people like americans for their company in the work places.
Pros
laid back
Cons
need more american english speaking employees
High turnover and poor management
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 6, 2017
The workplace culture is catty - lots of cliques that look down on others. I have been blatantly lied to by the Program Manager on more than one occasion. The turnover rate is through the roof.
Pros
7:30-3:30 Monday - Friday schedule
Cons
workplace culture, turnover
If you like to work in a diversity environment then begin here
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MASeptember 3, 2017
A nice company to work, if you want to learn new things and grown on the Job I will recommend, "Seven Hills Foundation". If you like to work in a diversity environment then begin here
Pros
Good pay and employee trainings
Cons
It is far from Boston
Good place to start out in health and human services
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 30, 2017
You will learn a lot at this job. It is a great stepping stone in the health and human services employment sector. The compensation is low, but that's the field. The overall culture of the environment is positive, friendly and dedicated. My coworkers and supervisor were knowledgeable, supportive, funny and hard working.
fun and fulfilling
Program Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 29, 2017
I work with people developmental challenges and others who have many special needs. The main source of satisfaction comes from helping them achieve a high level of welfare, safety, care, and security.
mal trato
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 19, 2017
Mal salario, poco profesionalismo, tratan mal a los latinos, recursos humanos no hace bien su trabajo
Pros
seguro privado
Cons
no hay descanso
Very productive and fun place to work, to be able to help individuals with special needs was very rewarding for me as a morher eith a specisl need chi
hbts, pass worker (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIAugust 18, 2017
Fun place to work very profecional, i has the chance to work and meet eonderfull people. Working with children and adolescents with special needs is my pasion hope to continue to work with such amazing human beings.
Cons
The need of heath insurance
interactive environment
ACTIVITIES SPECIALIST AND PCA (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 17, 2017
participants and staff are very welcoming. daily activities and groups are very diverse. Management is very helpful covering breaks and assisting with other needs.
Pros
building a great rapport with participants
Cons
wages
Relaxed working atmosphere
Direct Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Peabody, MAAugust 16, 2017
I do have a great time working at seven hills and don;t regret my time there.Staff is amazing and the manager was very supportive of me pursuing my nursing career.
Pleasant work environment and organizational culture.
Behavioral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 15, 2017
A great place to work helping people with disabilities. The majority of the staff were helpful, team players. The organizational culture was oriented on a team-building, friendly atmosphere.

This organization offers generous benefits, but compensation for some positions are on the lower end. Overall, it was a nice place to work.
Pros
Benefits - Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; Sick, Vacation, and Personal Time; and Flex Accounts.
Cons
Lack of advancement opportunities in some positions.
Work directly for the clients and families
PASS Worker (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 14, 2017
My schedule is set by each of the clients' families. They are very accomodating to my availability.
We set up the activities according to the client's ISP
My supervisor is very helpful and understanding.
Pros
Fun and easy client and family
Cons
overnights were difficult for me
Overnight Awake Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 11, 2017
Overnight was a schedule I had a hard time getting used to. It was not something I could keep up with. The job was good, I did what I needed to, but the shifts were long.
Pros
breakfast
Cons
long shifts