Seven Hills Foundation

Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews

Positive Environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee), New Bedford, MAMay 26, 2015
Since becoming an employee here I now have a more cohesive view of healthcare facilities and the recovery process from a medical perspective. I have a better understanding of billing practices & various medical office computer programs.
No support from upper management
Direct care (Former Employee), Stetson School,inc Barre, MaMay 7, 2015
Busy, possibly being assaulted or threatened with no care from management to help staff being assaulted. Broken walkies, people not answering when you call for support at times. There are some good days. I loved working with the kids and staff.
I work in settings where I help people to be as comfortable as possible.
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMarch 22, 2015
On a typical day I report to work and get my orders from my supervisor and began the different tasks that I have to help get done for the day. I have learned that different people expect many different ways of caring for them. Management, my co-workers, and I get along well because I have went to work to work. The hardest part of my job is that clients expire but the most rewarding part of the job is that I am helping people.
great individuals to work with
Personal Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Saugus, MAFebruary 17, 2015
I LOVED THIS JOB !!!!
The men that I worked with were absolutely amazing. I wish I had the time to stay there and get to know them better. I was working 2 jobs and it just all became to much.
These individuals had their own ways of life. Just needing my assistance in day to day living. I loved cooking for them, i loved spending time with them. asking them how their day was. We used to go on Saturday outings to the beach or movies. It was just an overall AWESOME job.
relaxed environment in a home like setting
Direct Support proffesional (Former Employee), New Bedford, MADecember 21, 2014
Pros: sanity
Cons: too much down time
A typical night at work would be checking on the men who have mental physical disabilities while they are sleeping. When the morning comes, that is when I bathe some of the men and help them with the morning routine so they can be ready for the day program.
PASS worker
Personal Assistance Support and Services (Current Employee), Woonsocket, RINovember 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, pay rate is good, rewarding, gets you out of comfort zone
Cons: your job to get your next client, supervisor sometimes isnt available, stressful
Whenever I would go to my clients house I would read over the goals in a binder that every client has. Then with those goals I create a schedule that will help my client improve. For example one of my clients had a hard time with relationships so I would use barbies to discuss with her how to associate with people since she loved to play barbies. At the end of every shift I would document progress of client.
Creative and Fun working with children
Tutor (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAOctober 27, 2014
Pros: eduacational opportunities
a typical day at work was working with children and their homework assignments.I worked with another co-worker ensuring proper educational needs were met along with our help.
Cultural
Activities Specialist (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: working with the clients
Cons: management, recognition, training and salary
Goal oriented
Best Part: working with the clients and family oriented staff
Personal care
I learned to stand up for what was right and more importantly, what was in the best interest of the clients
A great company to work for. I left to relocate to SC otherwise I would still be there.
Program Nurse for Adult Day Health (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 16, 2014
I have many good memories and experiences working at Seven Hills Foundation.
Best job ever!
Direct Support Staff (Former Employee), Fitchburg, MASeptember 30, 2014
Being a person that desires for people to need them, this job was the greatest job I ever had. The director of where I worked is patient, caring and loving and a wonderful teacher. I had the best group of co-workers who became more like family. The hardest part of that job was leaving it and the most enjoyable part of the job was getting cards and notes from the people we took care of.
Putting special consideration into keeping Dignity and Respect a main focus
CNA (Current Employee), Dracut, MASeptember 15, 2014
Assist clients with ADLS, prepare meals, cleaning. Interacting with individuals and taking them out into the community to interact with others. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I have made an impact in the individuals lives. The hardest part of the job is trying not to get attached to the individuals.
Rewarding job, but zero support from upper management
Residential Director (Current Employee), Marstons Mills, MAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: serving the disabled
Cons: everything else
I worked at Seven Hills as a Residential Director. I worked at least 60 hours a week with a low rate of pay. At times I worked as much as 16-24 hr shifts. There was no bank of applicants to hire from, no on call staff and HR was very slow to contact what few applicants that we had. I expected some basic level of communication, respect and support. I got none of these. The upper management on Cape Cod rarely worked a 40 hour week, but expected everyone else to work 40-70 hours per week. There was little communication between management and myself. Many unanswered emails and requests for help. The management expects you to learn the computer programs, ISPs and MAP policy, even-though they themselves can't do it, so they are zero help. There was no on the job training, you are expected to learn everything on your own. You are left to fend for yourself. The job itself was very rewarding and I loved improving the residents quality of life. The residents were the only thing that kept me there for as long as I was.
PASS Worker
P.A.S.S Worker (Former Employee), Woonsocket, RIJune 20, 2014
Great job, very supportive company and management, good pay.
Fullfilling job
Assistant Director (Former Employee), Tyngsborough, MAJune 14, 2014
Providing care for those who truly need it. Assisting the Director with all adminastration duties. Plenty of overtime availabilities.
Difficult Field of Employment
Residential Counselor (Former Employee), New Bedford, MAApril 20, 2014
Low earning potential. Difficult responsibilities. Too many difficult days.
Fun and Productive Work Place
RESPITE CAREGIVER (Former Employee), WORCESTER, MAApril 15, 2014
Assist clients with their activities of daily living.
i often pick clients up for about 2 hours or more and take them out for lunch or go to the park. The best thing about my job is that the client was living at my house so we do a lot of fun stuff together and we definitely get along great.
such a heart warming job.
Care (Current Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Good place, Great workers, Good managers
Great leadership
Overnight awake at a medically intensive behavioral group home for geriatrics
Direct Care Professional (Former Employee), Worcester, MAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: great benefits for full-time staff
Cons: being mandated if people call out at the end of the shift
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning the house, changing and cleaning the individuals as needed throughout the night, assist them in the bathroom, and with getting ready in the morning. I also made their breakfast, got them ready to go to dialysis, day program, or any other appointments scheduled for the morning. I have learned a lot about how to diffuse a behavioral situation, how to create ISP goals with the individuals, and have really enjoyed getting to know the ladies on n individual basis. Management has always been available when needed, and the other staff are hard workers who are always willing to work together to get the job done. The most difficult part of this job has been when the individuals have gotten sick, it is concerning when they are in the hospital and we all worry about their condition.
expect the most, but reward the least
DSS (Current Employee), Rhode IslandJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: love the employees, and people we support
Cons: no respect from upper mgmnt, treated like a serf.
This company expects you to live for them..minimal pay allowed. In fact, the lowest paying company of this kind in the state. They expect maximum effort and work, but no incentive. The management talks down to staff, talks about them behind their backs, and treats them as if they are beneath them. I currently work here, but believe me, as soon as I find a job that appreciates it employees, I'm out of there. I know cashiers at supermarkets that get paid more than we do. And the disrespect from the upper staff and management? Someone else can have it.
Family oriented corporation with professional atmosphere that provides comfortable workspace and excellent career training programs.
TIER Software Trainer (Current Employee), Worcester, MADecember 26, 2013
Pros: flexible work hours
The most enjoyable part of my position is that they really care about their employees. But with any position, they give as much to you as you give to them. In other words, I work at 110% and they provide affordable benefits, flexible scheduling, and an even paced atmosphere. At each quarter, there are multiple offerings of coursework to improve your current position or to be able to progress to another area of the company. All the employees from the CEO to the custodial staff are friendly, down to earth individuals who are here to provide the highest level of care for our clients and their families.

1 2 3