Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews in United States

Good company to work for.
Residential Director (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJuly 13, 2016
Company promotes independence and dignity. Management is available and willing to help. The company offers a great benefits package. Your opinions and input are valued.
An alright place with a solitary work environment
Lobby Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2016
Despite the summary, it was a lively place. No one ever bothered me while I was working, only to clean up a spill a customer made.
Pros
Free lunches, hour breaks
Cons
Rude and unruly customers
Unsafe and unfair pay.
Activities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 28, 2016
This job seemed so good at the start but I quickly realized it was not as good as it seemed. The staff was cliquey and rude, no one wanted to work. The upper management had no idea what it was like working with the individuals day in and day out. I did the work of a CNA, plus, and made half of what a CNA makes.

The clients were nice to work with, but the environment ruined it.
Pros
Rewarding clients.
Cons
Short breaks, no support from management, unfair wages
nice staff and amazing clients
Direct Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 18, 2016
my day consists of helping our clients in and one would fix dinner while the other staff go to a apt for our individual. help our clients with ADL's. administer meds. and do book reports.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Employees were great and worked great as a team.
Direct Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 4, 2016
Assisted with daily living activities, medication administration, cooking, meal prep, assist to doctor appointments, promote independence.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
demanded overtime
Can be a good place but not enough nursing supports
LPN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 9, 2016
I've worked there as a nurse for several years. There are great people and good benefits, however, upper management, with one major exception, turns a deaf ear to legitimate staff concerns.
As an LPN who previously worked in day program some years back, I found it unsettling and discriminatory, that now I am not eligible to work at a day program unless I am a RN-despite the fact that other human service programs do hire LPN's for their day programs.
There are also few opportunities in this company for LPN's and the hours offered for work ( days as opposed to off shifts)are usually not as good as those given to the RN's. There is also no shift differential paid for evenings, nights or weekends.
As a residential nurse the work load is too heavy for one nurse and they will not hire additional nursing. Also, they are slow to respond to psychiatric issues, thinking that behavior modification and little medication is the way to go-which is woefully ineffective.
This puts staff at risk for physical harm. As a result the turnover for direct staff is high, people either transfer out or quit. There is no incentive to stay and be verbally and or physically abused on a daily basis.
I'm not saying this is a bad company. In the right position, (non-residential) it can be pretty good. But if you're in the wrong house, watch out. It's not worth being injured to make a paycheck.
Pros
Good co-workers, you can't help but enjoy some of the people you care for.
Cons
High stress, risk for physical injury, verbal and physical abuse from clients, infrequent raises, no shift differential, indifference from upper management.
funne working there
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RIMarch 3, 2016
it was great.
easy to handling things. everyone nice to each other. job pay ok. schedule is good
Responsible for the overall physical, psychological and emotional health and safety of the participant.

Models healthy behavior and positive social skills.

Provides supports as written in the individual’s support plan that may include personal care, physical lifting and therapeutic holds.

Provides feedback to team members and/or supervisors as to effectiveness of individual plans.

Assists with an individual’s environment such as cleaning, laundry, shopping, cooking, errands and budgeting.
Pros
no break
Cons
good schedule
5/5
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsFebruary 22, 2016
Long hours, not enough qualified staff to care for individuals with such extensive medical needs. Not enough staffing to ensure the safety of all of their clients and staff.
Friendly work environment
Accounting Intern (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 10, 2016
Typical day involves working with account receivables while entering data into different programs to be reviewed quarterly. Also have to work with colleagues on projects.
Do not work for stetson school in barre ma
Child Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Barre, MAFebruary 2, 2016
Stetson is last place you will want to work for if you want to get into the field of child care. The supervisors and administrators do no at all care about their staff. they talk the right game to your face but they are unable to back up what they say. They have no control over their clients. They have staff that will flat out abuse kids such as pull their hair or smash their face into the ground during a restraint. If you try to report it they make your report disappear and the pulling hair turns into patting the kids head. If you are truthful on a restraint form they shred it write another and sometime even lie and say you were not there for the restraint so that you don't have to sign the form. Only work their if you are related to someone who works their that way you have a far less of chance being singled out and mandated to work 24 hour shifts all the time. By all the time I mean they will mandate you weekly or biweekly to work on the overnight and it will turn into 24 hours. They do not care about their staff and they only see their kids as dollar signs. If you want to move up you need to be one of the staff who see kids as dollar signs. they are so low on staff all the time that it creates an unsafe environment they hire staff that are not allowed to go hands on with kids and cant even be left alone with the kids and sometimes cant even understand English that well. you will not have the support you need if the environment becomes unsafe because you will not have the staff needed to go into a hands on situation to keep the environment safe so you will need to call for  more... help and by the time the help arrives the situation is just about over and you are to blame for there being a situation in the first place.  less
Pros
kids and fellow line staff you get to work with sometimes
Cons
stress, lack of back up, lack of training, 0 support
Very Rewarding
Pass Worker (Former Employee) –  Woonsocket, RINovember 25, 2015
I loved working with children and helping them meet their goals. I, however hated how to Seven Hills I was just another number. Unfortunately my client switched companies and for a year I was without one. Not a single employee was able to help me gain a new client in my area. Although constantly posted to craigslist and seven hills website was in fact multiple clients in my area. I emailed, I called, and not one employee was able to respond.
great
HBTS Worker (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandNovember 8, 2015
Seven Hills is a wonderful company. They have Great clinicians and families to work with. They also offer great pay, and room to grow in the company.
Love their team work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 27, 2015
Everybody work together as a team,management is the best anyone would ever wish for in life, workers make sure everyone their needs right on time
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Seven Hills work experience
Reciever (Current Employee) –  Groton MAAugust 31, 2015
A professional environment with a well trained staff. The work is fairly routine and doesn't change much at all due to the nature of the facility. The staff is very caring in general as is reflected in the career paths they have chosen.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Little room for advancement
Awful Company - Awful Staff
Admin (Former Employee) –  MAAugust 30, 2015
Terrible place to work. I am shocked by the good reviews posted. Disorganized staff that offers poor on the job training. Ever-changing job responsibilities without any consideration of what employee wants or how they are being treated. Constant arguing among staff/management. Unstable company with serious money issues. Hires people and loses funding. Another classic example of a big company trying to cut corners by hiring sub par staff and providing no employee training or support.
I was treated terribly at this place and the best day there was the day I left. Good luck Seven Hills, you need it. I will be waiting to read that you folded.
Pros
Some nice co-workers
Cons
Absolutely everything else
Awesome Experience
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 29, 2015
Learned so much about how people with disabilities can achieve so much with proper care, support, and stability. I love what I do here.
Pleasant and rewarding place to work
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJuly 8, 2015
I found my days to be busy but very fulfilling. Helping others less fortunate than I was a challange and sometimes time consuming. My boss was an amazing role model. Co-workers were equally enjoyable to work with as a team.
Pros
Working in a home like environment.
Flexible friendly work place
Aide-Direct Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAMay 27, 2015
A great job taking care of clients and there daily needs. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Different shifts make this job very flexible with home and work life. There is room to move up and the clients are amazing.
Pros
Friendly, clean environment, great clients, and flexibility.
Cons
This company is only in certain states.
Positive Environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAMay 26, 2015
Since becoming an employee here I now have a more cohesive view of healthcare facilities and the recovery process from a medical perspective. I have a better understanding of billing practices & various medical office computer programs.
No support from upper management
Direct care (Former Employee) –  Stetson School,inc Barre, MaMay 7, 2015
Busy, possibly being assaulted or threatened with no care from management to help staff being assaulted. Broken walkies, people not answering when you call for support at times. There are some good days. I loved working with the kids and staff.

Seven Hills Foundation Reviews by Location