Seven Hills Foundation Employee Reviews

Love My Job!
Senior Developmental Specialist (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAFebruary 2, 2017
I love my job because:

1. My mornings consist of greeting some of the happiest people.
2.I get to help people in need, and see that a little bit goes so far.
3. I am one of the voices for someone if something doesn't seem right
4. And in that, helping someone get the best care; when necessary.
5. Having worked with people with disabilities for several years...I can say that a lot of them have showed me to love all, don't take life for granted..because you never know when something could change it forever and live each day. May be a little cliché...but its the real world.
Overall accommodating work-life balance, fun, and enthusiastic employees
Assist clientele (Current Employee) –  Woonsocket, RI 02895January 18, 2017
I have enjoyed working for seven hills. The current position I am employed with is PASS, which is part time. I do not receive any benefits because I am part time. The only down side to this position is employees are placed into homes and are kind of put on their own. You do not feel like you are an actual employee because you work in the clients home, but if you find a family that you click with it is an enjoyable experience.
Wonderful place to work
RN (Former Employee) –  Groton, MADecember 23, 2016
Seven hills in Groton is by far one of the best nursing jobs I have had. Employees truly care about the residents. Even when under staffed everyone pulls together and completes care without hesitation. Working with the kids is such a rewarding and educational experience. I was employed there for under a year because I decided to take a job closer to home as travel was just too much for me. If this residential facility was closer to me I would work there again in a heartbeat!
Pros
Great support staff, some of the best CNA's I have ever worked with. Everyone truly cares about the residents!
Cons
Benefits a bit more expensive than other companies I have worked for, pay on the lower end of the scale for nurses and staff.
Great environment
Respite Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MADecember 19, 2016
This foundation is great and huge in Massachusetts, people with all types of disabilities are pet of this and the foundation finds families, jobs care and more for these people, I enjoyed working with them. Takes a person with patience, care and people skills to really be a part of a job like this, and I enjoyed it, this is why I got into psychology and want to get into mental illness..
Pros
Always work
Cons
Can be scary at times
Rude and Inconsiderate
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, MADecember 12, 2016
I went through orientation loving the facility and everyone in it. However when I decided it was just not for me because I mentally couldn't handle it, they took my badge and wouldn't even let me finish the day even though I was putting my two weeks in. They were so rude to me and basically told me I was useless to them because I wasn't going to stay.
Pros
Great CNAS
Cons
Horrible Management/ Supervisors
Pick Your Own Hours
Respite Care Provider (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MADecember 4, 2016
Seven Hills is excellent when it comes to flexibility. They are willing to work around your schedule when you are working full time elsewhere.
Dietary aide
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Groton, MAOctober 19, 2016
This was a pretty simple job but required good time management skills. I would have to cook and set up for meals while also preparing liquid formulas for the residents that couldn't eat. Some of the residents had severe allergies so we had to pay extra attention when preparing their meals or formulas. during the hours in was working i was mostly in the kitchen with one other employee. We had a boss but she constantly had other things to do so most of the time me and another employee needed to work together to get everything done in time and on time. The most enjoyable part of this job was the connections I made with my coworkers. To this day I am still really good friends with some of them.
Productive and Fun.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 17, 2016
I worked with mentally disabled children and adults and kids that were released and on probation. The job was challenging and tough at times but very rewarding and fun.
LPN position
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MASeptember 24, 2016
The management in the group home is poor, unprofessional, uneducated.
Certain Direct Support Staff are very unmotivated, lose their patience easily.
Only part of the job that I enjoy is being with the individuals, which I was told would be the most challenging.
Pros
Hourly wage
Cons
Unprofessional management
Over worked and way underpaid
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Groton, MASeptember 9, 2016
Seven Hills is the type of company that offers nothing to their employees. Raises are never given. Work load is heavy clients are very compromised and benefits are very costly to the employee. A company not worth working for.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Everything else about seven hills
Great company to work for. They are wonderful to staff and the individuals they support.
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  North Andover, MAAugust 24, 2016
I love working for Seven Hills. They take pride in the diversity if their employees and the people they support. I was able to get a couple of promotions. They offer get benefits including health and dental, great vacation, sick, personal as well as tuition reimbursement. They are supportive in furthering both your education and career. I really have nothing negative to say about the agency.
Pros
Great benefits, fun work enviornment
Cons
awesome patient demographic, nurses and support staff
LPN staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Devens, MAAugust 19, 2016
The patient demographic and support staff are one of the best I have ever worked with. The management is one of the worst I have ever worked with. Nurses should manage nurses and they don't get that at Seven Hills.
Pros
patient demographic
Cons
management
Not the best working environment
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 15, 2016
The working environment could use a lot of improvements as well as organization. Due to the conditions of the working environment I had to resign from my position and seek other employment. I sure onxe they company improves one the management it will turn out to be a pretty nice place to work.
To support and educate individuals and help them bevome more active members of society.
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Barre, MAJuly 18, 2016
I help 4 adult men in there everyday lives from bathing them to help feed them. I support them to be better and help them become more independent.
Good company to work for.
Residential Director (Current Employee) –  Wareham, MAJuly 13, 2016
Company promotes independence and dignity. Management is available and willing to help. The company offers a great benefits package. Your opinions and input are valued.
An alright place with a solitary work environment
Lobby Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 30, 2016
Despite the summary, it was a lively place. No one ever bothered me while I was working, only to clean up a spill a customer made.
Pros
Free lunches, hour breaks
Cons
Rude and unruly customers
Unsafe and unfair pay.
Activities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 28, 2016
This job seemed so good at the start but I quickly realized it was not as good as it seemed. The staff was cliquey and rude, no one wanted to work. The upper management had no idea what it was like working with the individuals day in and day out. I did the work of a CNA, plus, and made half of what a CNA makes.

The clients were nice to work with, but the environment ruined it.
Pros
Rewarding clients.
Cons
Short breaks, no support from management, unfair wages
nice staff and amazing clients
Direct Care Advocate (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAMay 18, 2016
my day consists of helping our clients in and one would fix dinner while the other staff go to a apt for our individual. help our clients with ADL's. administer meds. and do book reports.
Pros
fun and friendly environment
Employees were great and worked great as a team.
Direct Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAMay 4, 2016
Assisted with daily living activities, medication administration, cooking, meal prep, assist to doctor appointments, promote independence.
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
demanded overtime
Can be a good place but not enough nursing supports
LPN (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMarch 9, 2016
I've worked there as a nurse for several years. There are great people and good benefits, however, upper management, with one major exception, turns a deaf ear to legitimate staff concerns.
As an LPN who previously worked in day program some years back, I found it unsettling and discriminatory, that now I am not eligible to work at a day program unless I am a RN-despite the fact that other human service programs do hire LPN's for their day programs.
There are also few opportunities in this company for LPN's and the hours offered for work ( days as opposed to off shifts)are usually not as good as those given to the RN's. There is also no shift differential paid for evenings, nights or weekends.
As a residential nurse the work load is too heavy for one nurse and they will not hire additional nursing. Also, they are slow to respond to psychiatric issues, thinking that behavior modification and little medication is the way to go-which is woefully ineffective.
This puts staff at risk for physical harm. As a result the turnover for direct staff is high, people either transfer out or quit. There is no incentive to stay and be verbally and or physically abused on a daily basis.
I'm not saying this is a bad company. In the right position, (non-residential) it can be pretty good. But if you're in the wrong house, watch out. It's not worth being injured to make a paycheck.
Pros
Good co-workers, you can't help but enjoy some of the people you care for.
Cons
High stress, risk for physical injury, verbal and physical abuse from clients, infrequent raises, no shift differential, indifference from upper management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seven Hills Foundation. Our community is ready to answer.

Seven Hills Foundation Reviews by Location