Seven Springs Mountain Resort Employee Reviews in United States

Very busy work place, work everyweekend
cashier/baker (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day is very productive with waiting on customers, making products that are needed during the day and week, I've learned to be patient, listen to customers wants and needs. and how to make different products. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is working a long shift all by myself when the resort is very busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
Pros
resort perks
Cons
no benefits, not enough staff in our area of work.
A very family oriented and enjoyable environment
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Champion, PAJune 15, 2016
I seriously love working here. It really is a great place to work. Very friendly and helpful staff. Felt like i was part of the team and not a loaner.
I've learned so many new things here from being moved around so much. loved learning how to make cupcakes in gingerbread dreams, loved working with the staff in emos pitt and first tracks.
Pros
live entertaionment, great benifits
Great everything the benefits, to the work enviornment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  ChaJuly 11, 2016
It's a fun place to work very preductive. Benefits are great also. But they give different shifts to choose from and everyone's so helpful and polite management is great.! Very busy place at times so gotta be on a very productive person to work in a very productive place.
Pros
Employee Discount's
Ordinary Teller position
Seasonal Position as Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAMay 31, 2012
Learned a lot about the skills required to be a bank teller, and how to do the job. Management was friendly and helped the training process a great deal. I never spent much time with any co-workers, as there was only one teller per shift. The hardest part of the job was learning the accounting paperwork that was performed at the end of the shift. the most enjoyable part was interacting with the people that would come in and drop off deposits.
Pros
experience
Cons
no benefits, schedule always changed
Great people to work with. Good benefits.
F and B Manager (Current Employee) –  Somerset, PAJanuary 30, 2012
The people you work with are great people. You have great benefits with UPMC healthcare and all the perks of working at a ski resort. Free skiing cheap golf in the summer and other activities cheap.
Pros
free skiing, cheap golf and other summer activities, good benefits
Cons
tough to get benefits, long hours if on salary, no overtime if not on salary
Not a great place to be full time
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Champion, PAMarch 7, 2013
it is a great place for someone is single or in school. it becomes difficult to get a raise or promotion they put employees in dangerous spots.
Pros
nice enviroment among other employees
Cons
health insurance is exspensive
Love to work for them.
Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tour (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs PAOctober 7, 2015
Very clean environment to work in. Most of people are very friendly. Takes a lot of skill to learn how to interact with all the people you will run into.
productive, exciting
Mountain Ambassador, Alpine Slide Operator (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAAugust 29, 2015
On a typical day I helped customers on the conveyor, Have learned not to leave a customer load by themselves. Co-worker were very ignornate.The hardest part of job is when we have to clean the belt. the most enjoyment of the job is the customers
Pros
all the terffic customers
Cons
no lunches
Fun and Well Organized
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Seven Springs was a fun place to work. I was a retail clerk and worked in the gift shops. My days varied depending on which shop I was in. The people I worked with were very easy going and I got along with them all. I learned how to effectively balance a cash drawer and make bank deposits for the store. I also learned how to do monthly inventory.
Management was very organized. There was always somebody around in case there was an issue.
I can't really complain about Seven Springs. The pay rate was fair. The only reason I no longer work there is because I was not getting enough hours.
Pros
discounted meal tickets, discounts all over the resort, equal pay, fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours, not a lot of room for job advancement
A different type of experience
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I put in a lot of hours at this job, there are times when I worked sun up to sun down, because some people were snowed in/out and couldn't get to work. Typically, the managers are wonderful people to work for. When the season ends though, even though you are full time. They don't feel it is important to make sure you are on a schedule, or they tend to find a way to weed you out, because they can't afford to keep you on the schedule any longer. Finally, after waiting for months, you give up and go find another job.

This company isn't a company I'll ever go back and work for again, because the only time they rewarded you was at the Christmas Dinner. You rarely ever got a thank you out of the higher level of management staff, if you even saw them. However, if you made a mistake, they are quick to recognize that.

I just feel they have their priorities backwards, they hire their staff in at min wage, and during the winter months when you have to tread through the snow; it's not always enough to keep your staff working there, so it causes your managers to work overtime.
Pros
meeting the different customers
Cons
the drive in the winter to get to work
Really Great Job!
Part Time Food Service (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAApril 11, 2013
People are fantastic. Flexible. Cheap lunch/dinner. Benefits. Work becomes your family.
fun work place most of the time
Security Officer/Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAMarch 31, 2015
you want a fun position
its usually not a place to stay forever transition job
dont really have much to say about the jobs there
Waiting tables
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAFebruary 22, 2015
I do not have to much to say about Seven Springs Resort, working in the main dining room was hard and you have to be able to multitask but there is a lot of petty drama all day there.
productive
Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Spring, PAApril 10, 2013
cooking at seven springs was a productive day it never was tough if you did what was needed you had a good day. interacting with your co workers feeding the skiers knowing they are having a good meal.
Productive and rewarding job at a ski resort.
Terrain Design Hand Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs, PASeptember 18, 2013
As a Lead I was in charge of a team of 6 people doing various operational tasks at one the top ski/snowboard terrain park in the country. Welding and metal fabrication are a huge part of my skill set with this job building all of the features, as well as construction, painting, and masonry work.
Seven Springs
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAJune 27, 2013
• Focus on customer service.
• Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests.
• Compute bill, collect payment, and make any necessary changes for guests.
• Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of guests, shopping, dining, entertainment, travel directions, and other resort information.
Friendly supervisors
Ski Patrol (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAJune 5, 2012
Assisted in general customer care, set up the mountain before the beginning of a day to ease customer flow, enforced rules of the resort, looked for and enforced laws on people committing theft of services, responded and assisted in numerous accidents that occurred on the resort
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PASeptember 29, 2014
very hard work, enjoyed co-workers, when guests left had to strip rooms of dirty linen, cleaned and santaintized rooms for next guest replace any condiments in rooms
Nice place to work.
Front Desk (Former Employee)September 25, 2011
The friendliest place I ever worked. Co-workers are the best ever and really not a tough job, except for the constant standing.
Tiny Tot Ski Instructor
Tiny Tot Ski Instructor (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAMay 15, 2012
I had the opportunity to teach children from ages 1-7 how to snow ski.

2.8