Seven Springs Mountain Resort Employee Reviews

unorganized
Fine Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAApril 20, 2017
Very unorganized management wise and unprofessional in many ways. Do not provide very great benefits and communication is off. Would maybe suggest working for the hotel, or ski but all other outlets are no
If you want to work they will work you.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Somerset, PAMarch 23, 2017
They are felxable with hours. If you want 40 hours a week they will make sure you work 40 hours no over time. Unless were short staff. It's a nice place to work everyone is very polite. I haven't run into someone that was rude.
Outdoors
Level 2 Aerial lift maintenance (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAMarch 9, 2017
Great supervisor, training and recognition in current department.Departments vary greatly and supervisors may change frequently. Training at Seven Springs Ski Resort may be transferred to any ski resort which may offer more opportunities.
Pros
Outside activity with happy customers.
Cons
Snow depedant.
I loved my job there and the people I worked with.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAFebruary 15, 2017
A typical day at work there was always different. I love working with the public. I am a people person so I loved being able to help people have an enjoyable vacation. I answered calls where I would have to set up transportation to and from local airports as well as shuttles on resort property. I was able to drive shuttle buses when necessary, bellhop services and valet services.
Pros
Working with people.
Cons
Rude guests.
Fun Job
Snowboard Instructor (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAFebruary 14, 2017
I was a snowboard instructor for 6 years. Loved it. The resort was bought out 5 years ago. The changes that have been made are for the worse to the employees
Pros
Staff Cafe $2.00 meals, make your own schedule
Good summer and winter time job
Prep/Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Champion, PADecember 4, 2016
The best part about Seven Springs is the people you get to work with. You meet people from all over that come to work. Also, customers from all over the US come in the winter to ski and snowboard. There is a very HUGE lack of communication though between the management and employees.
Great Teamwork. Strong emphasis on customer service and guest experience
Food and Beverage Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Champion, PA 15622November 12, 2016
Great advancement opportunities. I have had the opportunity to continued advancing my career. Highly focused on customer service and guest experience. Encourages creativity. Health Benefits packages are not very good. Resort offers continuing education opportunities. Lack in informing of clear job responsibilities and expectations
Pros
advancment opportunities, team work, challenge, freedom to be creative
Cons
benifit package, low salary for job responsabilities and expectations
Poor workplace
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Champion, PASeptember 26, 2016
Seven springs provides some advancement opportunities, but that's due to the fact that managers quit very frequently. Pay scale is poor, management is overwhelmed, and funds for basic necessities and upgrades are nonexistent. Good place for a first job but certainly not a career.
Great everything the benefits, to the work enviornment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  ChaJuly 11, 2016
It's a fun place to work very preductive. Benefits are great also. But they give different shifts to choose from and everyone's so helpful and polite management is great.! Very busy place at times so gotta be on a very productive person to work in a very productive place.
Pros
Employee Discount's
Cons
A very family oriented and enjoyable environment
Cashier/Server (Current Employee) –  Champion, PAJune 15, 2016
I seriously love working here. It really is a great place to work. Very friendly and helpful staff. Felt like i was part of the team and not a loaner.
I've learned so many new things here from being moved around so much. loved learning how to make cupcakes in gingerbread dreams, loved working with the staff in emos pitt and first tracks.
Pros
live entertaionment, great benifits
Very busy work place, work everyweekend
cashier/baker (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAOctober 14, 2015
A typical day is very productive with waiting on customers, making products that are needed during the day and week, I've learned to be patient, listen to customers wants and needs. and how to make different products. I enjoy working with my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is working a long shift all by myself when the resort is very busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the customers.
Pros
resort perks
Cons
no benefits, not enough staff in our area of work.
Love to work for them.
Laurel Ridgeline Canopy Tour (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs PAOctober 7, 2015
Very clean environment to work in. Most of people are very friendly. Takes a lot of skill to learn how to interact with all the people you will run into.
Wonderful co-workers. Met the best guests as well.
beverage (Former Employee) –  Champion, PaSeptember 14, 2015
This is not a place to give your all to. They only care about the bottom dollar at the end of the day. They boast their values but don't practice them. No respect for the employee, no consistency on anything. If you only need seasonal work its great, but don't bother with full time work. They create bitter employees.
Pros
meet a lot of great people
Cons
Bad management, no employee respect, employees are used and abused
productive, exciting
Mountain Ambassador, Alpine Slide Operator (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAAugust 29, 2015
On a typical day I helped customers on the conveyor, Have learned not to leave a customer load by themselves. Co-worker were very ignornate.The hardest part of job is when we have to clean the belt. the most enjoyment of the job is the customers
Pros
all the terffic customers
Cons
no lunches
fun work place most of the time
Security Officer/Volunteer Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAMarch 31, 2015
you want a fun position
its usually not a place to stay forever transition job
dont really have much to say about the jobs there
A different type of experience
Food Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAFebruary 25, 2015
I put in a lot of hours at this job, there are times when I worked sun up to sun down, because some people were snowed in/out and couldn't get to work. Typically, the managers are wonderful people to work for. When the season ends though, even though you are full time. They don't feel it is important to make sure you are on a schedule, or they tend to find a way to weed you out, because they can't afford to keep you on the schedule any longer. Finally, after waiting for months, you give up and go find another job.

This company isn't a company I'll ever go back and work for again, because the only time they rewarded you was at the Christmas Dinner. You rarely ever got a thank you out of the higher level of management staff, if you even saw them. However, if you made a mistake, they are quick to recognize that.

I just feel they have their priorities backwards, they hire their staff in at min wage, and during the winter months when you have to tread through the snow; it's not always enough to keep your staff working there, so it causes your managers to work overtime.
Pros
Meeting the different customers
Cons
The drive in the winter to get to work
Waiting tables
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Champion, PAFebruary 22, 2015
I do not have to much to say about Seven Springs Resort, working in the main dining room was hard and you have to be able to multitask but there is a lot of petty drama all day there.
great place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PASeptember 29, 2014
very hard work, enjoyed co-workers, when guests left had to strip rooms of dirty linen, cleaned and santaintized rooms for next guest replace any condiments in rooms
Fun and Well Organized
Retail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Seven Springs, PAJanuary 16, 2014
Seven Springs was a fun place to work. I was a retail clerk and worked in the gift shops. My days varied depending on which shop I was in. The people I worked with were very easy going and I got along with them all. I learned how to effectively balance a cash drawer and make bank deposits for the store. I also learned how to do monthly inventory.
Management was very organized. There was always somebody around in case there was an issue.
I can't really complain about Seven Springs. The pay rate was fair. The only reason I no longer work there is because I was not getting enough hours.
Pros
Discounted meal tickets, discounts all over the resort, equal pay, fun atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours, not a lot of room for job advancement
Productive and rewarding job at a ski resort.
Terrain Design Hand Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Seven Springs, PASeptember 18, 2013
As a Lead I was in charge of a team of 6 people doing various operational tasks at one the top ski/snowboard terrain park in the country. Welding and metal fabrication are a huge part of my skill set with this job building all of the features, as well as construction, painting, and masonry work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Seven Springs Mountain Resort. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7