Severn Trent Services Employee Reviews

Great starting career
Lead water/wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
Able to advance as fast as you would like.
Many skills can be achieved here as long as you are willing to put your effort to progress. You will may be a manager or a leader in the field with no discrimination.
Enjoyable, fun, interesting place
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAOctober 20, 2017
There was a great deal of team work here. We were the US HQ and had a good deal of US business that relied on us. We were very prideful regarding helping to bring clean drinking water to areas around the world. The management was dedicated to their employees as the company. The had great benefits and vacation plans. There was a good mentor program as well.

I was an executive assistant and the office manager. The latter taught me a great deal, especially when I joined the team to move us from a very old building to new open environment. It was challenging but educational. I continued to do the admin responsibilities for the executives as well as the office manager role so I was extremely busy but I loved it.
Pros
vacation, education, mentor
Cons
change in management changed the company - not for the better
below
Lead Operator/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach, FLAugust 9, 2017
on call 24/7 no maintenance man no shift operator. it takes them over six months to get a employee to work for them. structural contracts take over two years before the county and severn trent can come to a agreement. when I left I needed a filter repaired and a clarifier repaired, nothing has been done with this equipment since 1996.
Pros
no pros
Cons
too many hours
Good company, Bad management
Administrative (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 6, 2017
It was a good company. Benefits were amazing! Medical/Dental/Vision were extremely affordable! I miss it!
Only bad thing was members hired family and then there was always a conflict of interest when issues arose.
Pros
1 lunch
Cons
Manager was not organized or professional. Never made decisions based on right reasons
not a good company to work for
operator 4 (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAJune 21, 2017
not what u know its who u know ,they give jobs to the people they know personally not who is best for the job.. they are unethical and not an equal opportunity employer !
Not Organized
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 31, 2017
It is a place of not what you know but who you know. Office "Manager" was highly uneducated in her position, and receive the job on the basis of little experience partnered with her friendship with the regional manager. At the location I was in it was unethical treatment and conduct of most employees in the office and a double standard. Management was highly unorganized and hired two people for the same type role. Management in corporate and at locations run in cliques. Bottom line if they want you out you are out and will come up with unethical and unreasonable causes. There are other jobs out there with more opportunity, better pay and a less stressful work environment. I would pass on working for Severn Trent.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Cut-throat environment, cliques
MAITENANCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Johnstown, PAMay 31, 2017
Severn Trent has managed my current plant for 3 years and in those 3 years we have focused on all safety aspects, bringing the plant up to code and also have done some much needed capital improvements and have more in the near future.
I have been able to further advance my career with this company and would continue to work for them until retirement if I was not interested in relocating.
Good company
Human Resources Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 29, 2017
I liked my position, but they brought in new boss, who wanted to bring in his own staff, so he made it unbearable to work there. Luckily I was able to transfer to a different division.
You get to be outside
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 19, 2017
You deal with alot of city workers.sometimes they treat you different b ecause you dont work directly for the city. On a daily basis your scenery changes .You get to go to all different neighborhoods and meet new people.
Pros
see new places
Cons
contracts expire
Never a dull moment
Payment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
I worked at the payment window. Always very busy. Management was great and always had an open door policy. I enjoyed meeting different people and having my regulars.

Want to know more about Severn Trent Services?

Ask a question
Great Customer Service and Potential Growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAApril 10, 2017
This was a great opportunity to interact with various customers in the community. I was able to work with customers and assist with their needs, as well as build interpersonal skills
Too much micromanaging.
Community Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLApril 4, 2017
Greed, micromanaging, no respect for their employees, degrading their employees..this is what you can expect when working with their company. In retrospect, I wish that I had never heard of them. I have never had to work with such a company that destroyed the morale as quickly as they did and then drove off or fired their employees at will.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the management.
Fulfilling and Enjoyable
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKMarch 30, 2017
I loved working at the wastewater plant. The only con was the project manager was clueless about the local top 2 senior staff. The local senior staff was extremely bad at directing the employees in the daily jobs. They would just do there own thing and leave the other employees guessing about the days job. They will take credit for other peoples work and are very lazy about tackling big jobs. They would hide parts and tell the project manager that the parts haven't come in to avoid the tough work. It is an extremely enjoyable job. Lots of exercise, lots of equipment to run and a daily sense of accomplishment.
Pros
I loved the job. Weekly paycheck. Working in an outdoor environment.
Cons
Extremely bad leadership from the Project Manager to the 2 "bosses."
Needs better management
Senior utility tech (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 16, 2017
Good company but the management is not so good. Don't have the parts that we need all the time. Worried about us working over time for a sewer and water company
Great place to learn a vast set of skills IF you want too
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
We would work all over the Houston and surrounding areas. I loved my job so didn't find it difficult. We did work with waste pumps so stay away if you have no stomach for it.
Pros
Saftey if key and your are givin proper ppe
Cons
sometimes you get helpers that are just their for a check
This is a very difficult company to work for.
Dispatch Supervisor / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Severn Trent
does not value hard working employees. The company the Texas location only promotes the relatives of the managers and executives. There is a lot of corruption within the Texas locations.
Cons
no appreciation for hard working employees
I enjoyed working for Severn Trent
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
I really enjoyed the time I worked with this company. Many of the people working there try to make this a family environment and really care for their employees.
They also really care a lot about safety.
Pros
I think they treat the employees fairly
Cons
rediculous hard hat policy
Challenging
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEFebruary 13, 2017
Stimulating learning corporate styles compared to municipal work. Prepared safety evaluations; employee evaluations. Hardest part of job was client communication. Client was very closed vested
Pros
Working with DNREC
Cons
Extremely paperwork generated
Average work environment
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Great job, but if you are a people person and like to be around people this wouldn't be a good fit for those kind of people. the best part is the schedule where its 2-2-3.
Pros
Get two or three days off in row
Cons
No Break
professional work environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Good company to work for with full benefits. ST is very involved with employee safety and continued training.Work culture is respectful and pleasant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Severn Trent Services. Our community is ready to answer.