Severn Trent Services Employee Reviews

Great place to work good benefits and pay is exceptional
Maint Tech III/Electrician Assistant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work is arriving at the shop, loading the work truck with tools and equipment for the day. Going out into the field in the company truck to perform various different tasks. Hardest part of the job is working in the outdoors climate.
Global Company with excellent benefits and great work enviroment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Great Atmosphere, Great Benefits
Cons: Internal issues - Everyone not treated equally
Working for Severn Trent was sometimes challenging but overall the company was an excellent company to work for. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I was able to multitask and complete several projects.
Provided managerial and accounting services to Community Development Districts.
Development Districts (CDDs) (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Great people and interesting work.
Cons: Too many procedural changes in too short a time frame.
Instrumentally involved managing 9 Community Development Districts (CDDs) and 2 - Water Control Districts in the Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Worked closely with each district’s Board of Supervisors. Chaired meetings, documented actions taken for public record purposes. Participated in District’s budget process and accounts payable approvals.
Needs much improvment to survive but great people overall
Engineer (Former Employee), Colmar, PAApril 24, 2015
Pros: quality of people at most levels
Cons: currently poor managment style and corporated ideas
For the last 5 years Corporate and Colmar plant has not been engaging their employees and lost its identity due to the current management style. It is not a company that I would recommend at this point in its evolution.
Nice Place to work (Customer Service)
Customer Service Representative Lead (Current Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks, high turn over rate, and constantly being watched
Very fast paced work environment on a day to day basis which includes answering telephone, internal and external emails, and constant contact with field managers. If you are looking for a way to build your resume I would suggest to start here.
Great Company
Water Operator/Field Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: company truck, good pay
Cons: must be available all hours including holidays
This is a great company with good compensation and opportunity for advancement.On call hours with great overtime and benefits. Company truck and phone!
Productive work place
Inside Sales Rep for Exports Parts and Accessories (Former Employee), Torrance, caNovember 3, 2014
Pros: great colleagues.
Cons: lay offs
Process orders, trouble shoot issues with customers. Be a liason for technical support and customers. Modify bills of lading for import and export services.
Average company
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PASeptember 8, 2014
Not a company I would recommend, poorly managed and ambiguous direction. Products and services are average but above average pricing.
Good company to work for
Regional Safety Advisor (Current Employee), Loveland, OHAugust 31, 2014
Very good at the business of operating water and wastewater treatment plants with s strong emphasis on employee safety
A highly professional staff of dedicated water professionals!
Area Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXJuly 14, 2014
The staff was very knowledgeable, highly dedicated professionals that cared about providing the best services to the waster and wastewater customers.
Good co workers
Lead Operator, (Supervisor) (Former Employee), Mahopac, N.Y. and Brewster N.Y.July 12, 2014
Pros: good co workers
Cons: not enough pay, and working every saturday
Attend to jobs in the plant and check on other substations.
Work in 2 differnt WWTPs and check pumping stations, take readings and adjust chemical dosages as needed
Job ended
Customer Service/Dispatch (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 30, 2014
Temporary position ended. I worked in the customer service department during the week and dispatch during the weekend, I dispatched technicians, printed new bills, entered data entry for the water company.
On the way down
Electrical/Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Colmar, PAJune 25, 2014
The end is near. Might be to late for changes to help keep this business afloat much longer.
A Very Good Place To Work
Senior Field Technican (Former Employee), Sugar Land, TXJune 6, 2014
I Have Enjoyed Working With All My Customers In The Service Business It's A Good Feeling When You See A Customer Very Happy After A Job Is Complete
Fast Pace and Stimulating work enviorment
Billing/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), 16337 Park Row Houston, TX 77084May 8, 2014
Pros: management would celebrate monthly birthdays, and encoraged departmental pot lucks are so much fun, and a great stress relief.
Cons: turning off delinquent customers, having irriate customer in your face.
My typical work day consisted of replying to interoffice and external emails, processing reports managers and board meetings, process bill statements for water/sewer customers. Fielding phone calls from managers and customers, processing delinquent and nsf notices to customers as well as process turn offs for non payment of delinquent/nsf customers. In my 16 years I with my previous employer the opportunity for cross training in multiple departments, management was very supportive of employees learning different aspects of the company by being a team player and assisting other departments with daily or periodic support. Over time I have met and worked with a great number of people in office as well as outside of my office location, working with such a vast spectrum of different people gave me the ability to have a divers experience beyond my office setting. The hardest aspect of my job was having to disconnect customers utility service but understanding that it was park of my job responsibility. I really enjoyed the people I worked with and the customers I was able to help when possible.
Good company to work for!
Lead Operator (Current Employee), Port Of The Islands - Naples, FLApril 23, 2014
The work environment is good, and the benefits are also fine.
Strictly work environment
District Recording Secretary (Former Employee), Coral Springs, FLMarch 29, 2014
Pros: close to home, good hours, received compensation for safey practices
Cons: no breaks and no bonuses for a job well done
I enjoyed the interaction with district managers throughout the state of Florida. I learned alot about managing HOAs and communities. Hardest part of the job was that there were not enough hours in the day to get everything done. Enjoyed working with my co-workers
Good work environment.
Water Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Bell Gardens, CAJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: i get to work alone
Cons: not enough hands on work. i'm on call 6 days a week.
meter reading, valve excercising. Doing shut offs is the hardest part of the job. learning how to do repairs is the best part.
Corrupt management and chaos at every turn.
Activities Director (Former Employee), Port Charlotte, FlJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: pretty grounds.
Cons: expletives, bullying, irresponsible accounting, management non existent.
I had a negative experience at Severn Trent Services. I reported
accounting activity that was suspicious, health code violations,
and bullying in the work place. Management could care less. It is an uneducated bunch that will do anything to make money. The worker bees are scared of losing their jobs, dislike the management
and overlook corruption to hold on to a salary. I wish I could think of pleasant aspects of this job, but there were none. I was yelled at, heard daily cursing from the staff, and given no job description. Don't even consider working for this company.
I enjoyed working here
Writer/Editor (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2013
Pros: travel, good co-workers, flex schedule
Cons: pay and benefits
My experience at Severn Trent was good. I had a great manager and worked with a team of good people. My manager allowed me to travel to trade shows and to different plants around the country, which was a great experience for me.

THEY OFFER 9/80 FLEX SCHEDULE (for some departments). Nothing like being off every other Friday.

The only reason I left was because the pay was terrible. I couldn't survive off of what I was being paid and I didn't see any room for advancement.

I did enjoy my job though.