Severn Trent Services

Severn Trent Services Employee Reviews in United States

no incentives
Wastewater Operator (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 8, 2016
I learned alot and found I really enjoyed what I did. The company was contracted from out of state so didn't really get to know the company.
Pros
Helped with certifications
Cons
Poor management
I work with a wonderful crew of people
Maintenance Technician 2 (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 17, 2016
I do many tasks at my job. My title is maintenance tech so I do work in the field but I also am in charge of doing all the billing and take care of any needs that the client may have. I work on lift stations,repair leaks ,do locates amongst other field work. And also make sure that all paperwork is in on time.
Worked in confined spaces on water lines and sewer lines.
utility technician (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAJune 3, 2016
Get up 6:30am, be at work at 7:30am and work till 4. Help the operator dig a hole cause I was his eyes on the ground. Fix water and sewer leaks, make water taps, run water lines and sewer lines, fix customer water leaks, direct traffic if possible.
Pros
Loved the work, most of the people, Made descent money, being called in
Cons
Managment was garbage, being lied on, not being heard
They tried ...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAMay 18, 2016
to continuously improvement but it was a program and not a culture so it did not succeed. Below average communications and poor change management did not help.
productive day at work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2016
•Assists Lead Maintenance Technician in performing various maintenance tasks
• Cleans and maintains tools and equipment
• Prepares rigs for daily use
•Repairs or replaces pumps, motors, gearboxes, blowers, belt presses, and other equipment
•Maintains files and records of work orders and task completion
•Cleans shop area as assigned
•Conducts routine equipment maintenance tests
•Understands and adheres to all company health and safety procedures as they relate to essential job functions
Started out good but drastically changed
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 8, 2016
I wouldn't recommend this company there is nepotism and unkept promises. I was hired for a position but once I started they put a hold on it and then interviewed someone else's daughter for the same position. And a lot of the benefits and overtime benefits discontinued. It got really difficult so I left. I really had hoped I could build a career there but, growth is not a possibility.
Pros
Insurance benefits are responsible
Cons
Unfair treatment and you will be lied to for their benefit.
Enjoyable place to work
Night Dispatcher / NFBWA / Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Houston, TX 77084February 13, 2016
Dispatch Dept. is Team Oriented and Prides itself in striving for Customer Satisfaction as well as Accommodating our Operators and Technicians. We work hard when it is busy and enjoy slow periods to working together to help other Departments.
Fun place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJanuary 9, 2016
I loved working there, even though it was for a short time. Putting together displays, keeping the store tidy, interacting with shoppers, were all wonderful.

The only downside to working here is it's part time. They only offer full time to managers. Which means there are no benefits. Some day when I retire and only need to work part time I will reapply to work there. It really is a fun place to work!
Pros
The job
Cons
No benefits, not full time
Used to be a wonderful place to work!
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJanuary 9, 2016
When I started at Severn Trent Services it was a great place to work. There was promise of advancement, the manager was fantastic, and I looked forward to going to work every day.

My manager trained me in payroll, P-Card expenses, coding invoices, and much more. I was constantly encouraged to push myself to my full potential and some day I would move up in the company.

The hardest part of the job was when residents would yell at us for things that weren't our fault. We were the CDD side of the community and we got a lot of HOA complaints. It was hard to explain to them that we were the fun part.

The most enjoyable part was interacting with the wonderful residents. I enjoyed talking to them and watching them grow. It was like a family.
Pros
Fun job, great co-workers, benefits
Cons
Bad management, poor pay
Great co-workers
maintenance technician III (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 3, 2016
Challenging work , long periods of cold and heat depending on weather. Good mix of people a lot of good guys. Have learned many skills for EHS and the ability to use them has been exciting
Pros
Good co workers
Cons
Its a Landfill
good place to work
Field Sevice Technician II (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXDecember 14, 2015
Good place to work good managed good enjoyable learning experience different task learning experience meet good hard working people good schedule for school work
Cons
healthcare
grow
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXNovember 2, 2015
This is a great company to learn and to grow with. They have and in-house school which allows for certifications to be achieved easily.
Productive fast paced environment
Maintenance Technician III (Current Employee) –  Fresh Kills LandfillOctober 17, 2015
Performed many confined space entry tasks without indecent , good professional environment with many highly skilled employees, Company helped in allowing my education through reimbursement and professional development.
Pros
Steady Work
Cons
Not much advancement available
my manager is a dynamic woman
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLOctober 14, 2015
The company has 2 products, it Manages CDD's, and HOA's. I am customer service for the HOA's. I handle incoming mail, separate checks, and handle all deposits, then scan them, and upload into Sharepoint for all accountants to see...please see resume for more.
Pros
immediate benefits
Cons
no structured training
Working Outdoors
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 23, 2015
Working outdoors was the best seeing and meeting new people. Learning the neighborhood. Reading meters. Walking and talking to people nearby. The team work was wonderful.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brookshire, TXAugust 4, 2015
Was always busy, lots of different tasks and projects. Loved the people i worked with especially since everyone was such great team players.
Great place to work good benefits and pay is exceptional
Maint Tech III/Electrician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
A typical day at work is arriving at the shop, loading the work truck with tools and equipment for the day. Going out into the field in the company truck to perform various different tasks. Hardest part of the job is working in the outdoors climate.
Global Company with excellent benefits and great work enviroment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 14, 2015
Working for Severn Trent was sometimes challenging but overall the company was an excellent company to work for. I enjoyed the work I did and the people I worked with. I was able to multitask and complete several projects.
Pros
Great Atmosphere, Great Benefits
Cons
Internal issues - Everyone not treated equally
Provided managerial and accounting services to Community Development Districts.
Development Districts (CDDs) (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLJune 15, 2015
Instrumentally involved managing 9 Community Development Districts (CDDs) and 2 - Water Control Districts in the Miami-Dade, Broward and Palm Beach counties. Worked closely with each district’s Board of Supervisors. Chaired meetings, documented actions taken for public record purposes. Participated in District’s budget process and accounts payable approvals.
Pros
Great people and interesting work.
Cons
Too many procedural changes in too short a time frame.
Needs much improvment to survive but great people overall
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Colmar, PAApril 24, 2015
For the last 5 years Corporate and Colmar plant has not been engaging their employees and lost its identity due to the current management style. It is not a company that I would recommend at this point in its evolution.
Pros
quality of people at most levels
Cons
currently poor managment style and corporated ideas