Severn Trent Services Employee Reviews

You get to be outside
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLMay 19, 2017
You deal with alot of city workers.sometimes they treat you different b ecause you dont work directly for the city. On a daily basis your scenery changes .You get to go to all different neighborhoods and meet new people.
Pros
see new places
Cons
contracts expire
Never a dull moment
Payment Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 10, 2017
I worked at the payment window. Always very busy. Management was great and always had an open door policy. I enjoyed meeting different people and having my regulars.
Great Customer Service and Potential Growth
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LAApril 10, 2017
This was a great opportunity to interact with various customers in the community. I was able to work with customers and assist with their needs, as well as build interpersonal skills
Too much micromanaging.
Community Services Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLApril 4, 2017
Greed, micromanaging, no respect for their employees, degrading their employees..this is what you can expect when working with their company. In retrospect, I wish that I had never heard of them. I have never had to work with such a company that destroyed the morale as quickly as they did and then drove off or fired their employees at will.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the management.
Fulfilling and Enjoyable
Operator (Former Employee) –  Clinton, OKMarch 30, 2017
I loved working at the wastewater plant. The only con was the project manager was clueless about the local top 2 senior staff. The local senior staff was extremely bad at directing the employees in the daily jobs. They would just do there own thing and leave the other employees guessing about the days job. They will take credit for other peoples work and are very lazy about tackling big jobs. They would hide parts and tell the project manager that the parts haven't come in to avoid the tough work. It is an extremely enjoyable job. Lots of exercise, lots of equipment to run and a daily sense of accomplishment.
Pros
I loved the job. Weekly paycheck. Working in an outdoor environment.
Cons
Extremely bad leadership from the Project Manager to the 2 "bosses."
Needs better management
Senior utility tech (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMarch 16, 2017
Good company but the management is not so good. Don't have the parts that we need all the time. Worried about us working over time for a sewer and water company
Great place to learn a vast set of skills IF you want too
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 13, 2017
We would work all over the Houston and surrounding areas. I loved my job so didn't find it difficult. We did work with waste pumps so stay away if you have no stomach for it.
Pros
Saftey if key and your are givin proper ppe
Cons
sometimes you get helpers that are just their for a check
This is a very difficult company to work for.
Dispatch Supervisor / Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2017
Severn Trent
does not value hard working employees. The company the Texas location only promotes the relatives of the managers and executives. There is a lot of corruption within the Texas locations.
Cons
no appreciation for hard working employees
I enjoyed working for Severn Trent
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 1, 2017
I really enjoyed the time I worked with this company. Many of the people working there try to make this a family environment and really care for their employees.
They also really care a lot about safety.
Pros
I think they treat the employees fairly
Cons
rediculous hard hat policy
Challenging
Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Lewes, DEFebruary 13, 2017
Stimulating learning corporate styles compared to municipal work. Prepared safety evaluations; employee evaluations. Hardest part of job was client communication. Client was very closed vested
Pros
Working with DNREC
Cons
Extremely paperwork generated
Average work environment
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator II (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXFebruary 3, 2017
Great job, but if you are a people person and like to be around people this wouldn't be a good fit for those kind of people. the best part is the schedule where its 2-2-3.
Pros
Get two or three days off in row
Cons
No Break
professional work environment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 1, 2017
Good company to work for with full benefits. ST is very involved with employee safety and continued training.Work culture is respectful and pleasant.
A typical day at work.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 15, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of changing out water meters over 1 million gallons. Fixing water leaks on district side of water meter. Creating work orders for construction crew to fix problems in field. Assist plant operators in daily tasks. Inform customers of work to be completed and time of completion.
Pros
Company vehicle, cell phone, and tools. Benefts
Cons
Short breaks. No socialization with co-workers.
Exciting, rewarding, enjoyable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Marathon, FLDecember 28, 2016
A typical day would include maintenance on numerous pumps on wastewater plants. Very rewarding to fix equipment and get the plant up and running back to normal.
Great Company management needs improvement
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXDecember 8, 2016
7:30am to 4:00pm, typical day starts with tailgate meetings then proceedings to daily task at hand. Great work environment, learn about water and wastewater treatment process, get paid holidays and vacation.
Pros
work environment, wage
Cons
chaotic management
Very company friendly
Maintenance Technician/Operator (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXDecember 8, 2016
This company is very people friendly and like to accommodate the customer. and they give good customer service they all about in house promotion.
Good job
Inspector II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 4, 2016
My job was exciting everyday dealing with different people and I enjoyed doing what I was doing inspections. This was a good job to have for the number of years that I had it.
Had a great time working for them. The money was not very good though
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLNovember 28, 2016
Learned alot. I really enjoyed working with them. The work was fun and the boss was a great guy to work for. I think that I knew more than most of the guys that I worked with.
Pros
enjoyable work
Cons
low pay
good place to work
Operations Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 27, 2016
My boss could be hard on me but all and all he left me to do my job. He trusted me and gave me a lot of responsibilities. I enjoyed my coworkers and the challenges of each day.
Extremely Poor Management
Crew Chief / Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXNovember 14, 2016
I was only there for two years and witnessed approximately 33 employees come in and out! Terrible turnover ratio. Would not recommend working at the Kingwood location. Great company!
Pros
Cons
Don't know where to start

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Severn Trent Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval