Sewon America Employee Reviews

workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 8, 2016
it was a nice workplace we just didn't get many off days from 12 hours it was a hot work enviroment and very nerve wrecking and it also kept me from my family
7 Days 12 Hours, I am not a robot
Part inspector (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 4, 2016
Sewon would be a better place if they actually cared about the workers. The hours and days we work are for robots, you body is constantly going and going which will make your health poor really quick.
Pros
get rewards for the years you have worked there
Cons
hot, one person running 3-4 machines, short breaks
easy place to make money
Quality/Production (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 17, 2016
great place to get alot of hours and make money. You can always grow with this company. the hardest part of the job is not getting bonuses while the other kia suppliers do.
horrible
Inspector (Former Employee) –  cowl crossApril 18, 2016
sewon has become a sweat shop over the years more work less money poor management. it started as a great job and slowly turned into a horrible experience . the mamangment has poor communication skills and the turnover rate for the company is astronomical!
Great Co-workers
Assembly Worker (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAApril 13, 2016
The work hours are long and you're on your feet mostly. I learned how to identify cold welds/missing welds, how to operate some of the machinery using the remote and how to perform quality control inspections. The most enjoyable part about the job to me was my co-workers. The hardest part was the long hours.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, some management
Could be a better workplace
Clerk (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 30, 2016
The workplace would be a lot better if the management team would act professionally and speak with people in a more professional manner. I have to make sure the attendance is done and completed. Turn in all paperwork at the end of the shift. Have to be creative to get the job done. Use time wisely. The hardest part of the job is dealing with management that does not like to resolve problems before an altercation of any kind happen. I love my co-workers as long as everyone is doing their part the shift will go by smoothly. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually getting it done.
Pros
Working in the Office and learning new things
Cons
Being belittled in front of people
productive and hot work place
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 10, 2016
Sewon would be a good job if the hours was not so long. A typical day is working with hot metal and robots. The pay is decent. In my experience management was not that good but still an ok place.
great company
QUALITY/ ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJanuary 18, 2016
great company to work for. Many opportunities to grow within the company with benefits and good pay. Employees can expand their work ethics and the company provides trainings and promotions
Pros
growth
Cons
long hourd
too many hours
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAJune 28, 2015
Its not a good place to work if you have small kids. Don't know what time your shift end. Alot of favorite in management.The jobs is not bad its just long hours and no off time.
Pros
Cons
no great work ethics
Slightly physically demanding. A great place to develop welding and leadership skills
Lead operator/Welder(MIG) (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMarch 2, 2015
I'd arrive 30min prior to shift start to perform preventive maintenance on and inspect the spot and MIG welders before production began. Afterwards, inventory supplies and restock the line. Management was always available and highly knowledgeable and aware of all problems at all times. My co-workers were trained and proficient. The hardest part of the job were the 12-14hr days 7 day a week but it payed off in the end. On another side, what I enjoyed most about this job was being able to further hone my welding skills and being able to let my fellow workers know that I was available to help with any problem on the job at all times and if I couldn't then I'd refer them to someone who could. In the end, I learned to reset and program MIG/spot welders and robot arms.
Pros
great health benefits, dealer discounts and leadership. ratings, raises and advancements are on time.
Cons
hardly any time off
Great Job
MACHINE/ CRANE OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAFebruary 22, 2015
in this position, you work long, hard hours. Compensation is very satisfactory and safety is the goal. I work to produce car parts for leading car manufacturers.
A typical day at Work
Quality Assurance and Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, GADecember 7, 2014
*Effectively manage the daily activities of their Respective Team Members
*Support Short Term C/A and containment activities when poor quality events occur
*Support cross functional root cause investigation teams
*Effectively Complete Customer 3 Panels Communications and submit to assigned QA Manager for review
*Maintain Quality Documentation (PFMEAs, CP, CS, II, etc.) accuracy
*Host morning QA Meeting with respective members to relay critical Quality information at the start of each shift
*Create and Issue QAB and Rework instruction to the production Floor
This place Sucks
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Lagrange,GaNovember 18, 2014
It is a okay job to get on your feet but as far as a carrer no.This place is very shady.They hold your bonus money and raises.The management don't care about employees.All they do is care about their own vision.People in manangement are very arrogant.It is a bunch of snitches running around.Also,It is too many people in charge.They don't want to pay people according to what they do.I took almost four years to get a 401k plan established.People dying left and right.They want to turn on the a.c.They only turn it on when ohsa comes into the building.People think it is the number one job in lagrange,ga.Surely it is not.They just want you to be your slave.It is more out here and also it jobs that pay way more then what the pay if you are in skilled profession.
Pros
free foods
Cons
people dying
Just work
Auditor and Quality Control (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAOctober 16, 2014
It was a good job until I got sick. I enjoy working there one of KIA car planet supply
Very Unprofessional
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GAMay 19, 2014
Don't go by anything in the handbook they make their own rules
Young company with achievable goals
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, GAApril 8, 2014
Two levels of management, Korean and American. Conflict within every department on how to make the company run
Always exciting and busy working
Assistant manager for Production Control (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 23, 2013
Managing production control
Managing stamping item quality
Managing production schedule
Learned press moding
IT was a good place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  LaGrange, GASeptember 17, 2013
I learned how to weld parts together and I enjoyed working their. I dislike working in the heat. The hardest job was working on side member, working with the long and bigger parts.
Pros
we had to be back on time
Cons
the company always gave us a reconition
nice
Production Assembly Operator (Current Employee) –  LaGrange, GAAugust 27, 2013
I learned alot about manufacturing process. I also learned about korean culture.
A good job at work at
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  lagrange gaJuly 22, 2013
loading a machine with car parts so the robots can weld the parts together...you have to work as a team if you want to get the production do you have to help each other out. Management was ok and my co workers they was some good co workers they don't mind doing team work. the hardest part is long long hours. Learning how to make car parts to send to Kia to make the whole car.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sewon America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4