SGS AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES Employee Reviews

Company
Automotive Off-Lease Inspector (Current Employee) –  Greenwich, CTSeptember 25, 2017
This company makes many promises they don't keep. They keep taking perks awayand it is not a positive working atmosphere. They lack training which is why they lost key contract which resulting in layoffs
Pros
Over time
Cons
The pay is low. Mileage reimbursement is extremely low
Constant chiseling
Inspector (Former Employee) –  eastern PAJune 8, 2017
There is an attitude from management that the inspector is the source of all problems. Every time you turn around they come up with a new way to lower compensation. In violation of IRS regs you are charged for a commute both in mileage compensation reduction and hourly compensation. Every time you turn around there is an improved program which results in increased administrative burden.
My compensation is net less than when I started over seven years ago.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Too numerous to mention.
Fast paced work place.
Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Port Newark, NJMay 29, 2017
I inspected cars for damages using a handheld DAP. Any damage found had to be coded in the DAP. Despite working outside in the heat or cold I enjoyed the freedom. Management stayed in the trailer but we communicated by radio. I had to work fast and have a good eye. Everybody from management was nice and respectful. It was the reason why I went back and worked part-time.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Doesn't pay enough
Company too big for itself
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2017
I liked working with the guys out in the field and my manager; it was a very intimate office situation (only a double-wide trailer on a big lot). I especially like when the GM Rep wasn't there, she was unsociable.
Pros
Being able to come and go at anytime
Cons
Not a good friendly working environment
Terrible place to work
Scheduler Representative (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 17, 2017
I would not recommend this place to anyone. They are extremely inconsiderate and they do not offer any raises or overtime what so ever. I worked there for over a year and when a better position was available they gave current employees opportunities to interview but they always hired outside interviewers instead of inside. Management was terrible !!!!.
Former recent employee
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 19, 2016
Horrible company to work with. On boarding is all your responsibility and don't expect any clear directions. Takes forever to be reimbursed money you've put into the company and good luck getting a hold of someone if you want any real help or respect. Poor salary and mileage reimbursement. Going on two weeks now that this company has not sent my last check and they have not paid me my last expense check either. So sign up if you're willing to be royaly ripped.
Pros
Cons
Poor pay/ managment/ growth/ planning/ etc.
Good starting job
Automotive Vehicle Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 28, 2016
overall good job with opportunity for networking. start early with list of inspection clients. Co workers were great. Hardest part of job is the weather and traffic. Best part were the people I serviced. Most were very Courteous. Was able to refine my knowledge of vehicle assembly process relating to fit, finish and operation.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
No shelter area for inspections in severe weather
Very productive place and fun to work for
Scheduling Inspector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2016
Schedule leasing clients inspections, verifications and cancelled appointment.
Dispatch all calls for claims and new accounts
Hardest part of the job was to reschedule leases for clients who where in states, that were badly snowed in.
Easiest part just setting them up with the initial appointment
Pros
They offered full benefits, lunch occasionally
Cons
no free lunches, only ten minute breaks
Go work for the safest job in the world.
Call Center/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 31, 2016
Nothing but respect and love for all what the workers do. I learned that you can only do your very best when it comes to customer service.
duties
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioNovember 23, 2014
• Make appointments
• Costumer service
• Use glass
• In-bound/out-bond
• Dialer system
• 10 ½ hour shifts
Difficult to balance home and work life.
Inspection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXNovember 20, 2013
The pay could have been better for the work load, however management was usually great. The overall spirit of the company was good until mergers started to take place. Most often change comes with difficult decisions.
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 22, 2013
Good place to work. great benefits, vacations. not too far from my home. My supervisor is a good guy works with me and helps out with issues. the weather is all ways a gamble.
Pros
distance
Cons
pay
Awesome Co-workers and staff
Inspector (Current Employee) –  Chicago,ilMarch 26, 2013
I have been with SGS since Nov. 2003. Yes times have changed
But the people remain the same. I became friends with allot of the office staff and fellow inspectors. There are days when it is bad and there is days when I like getting off work early and spend it with my family.
Just like every company, you can get pressured, stressed out. But working together makes all that disappear.
I am satisfied with where I'm at, I plan to retire from this company and or stay as long as they want and need me to.
Question for all?
What would you rather do have the whole countryside as your office or be locked up in a building some where.
And I don't think there is anyone out there that does not like to travel.
I travel for them as much as I can. It bought me closer to my family then it ever was.
Thank you. I tell all the people I train. This is not rocket science, this job is easy to get but harder to keep.
What's wrong with that?
Pros
time with family, not locked into a office, offer of traveling to places i could not be able to go.
Cons
nothing comes to mind
productive fun place to work
Lead Inspector (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
Good working habits not so heavy busy days. work at your own pace.
shady company
Off lease inspector (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2013
you give them an inch,they will take you a mile.Meening they make you drive all over the place and do not compensate nearly enough for wear and tear.Only pay .34 cents a mile,so you have to claim the other .26 cents a mile on your taxes.pain in the but.job not that hard but all the paper and computer work that has to be done on top of it makes it not worth it.
Pros
work unsupervised
Cons
mileage reinbursment, no raises
Productive work place as long as the automotive industry does well
Client Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2012
I worked 7:30 - 4:30 in a cubicle. I learned how to multitask and cater to big banks. The management team was pretty good. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of my job was answering 100+ emails a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my ex boss.
It was a good place to work
Lead Inspector (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNApril 1, 2012
SGS was a fun place. Got to work the hours that best fit my family life.
Pros
hours great
Cons
only part time work