SGS AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES

SGS AUTOMOTIVE SERVICES Employer Reviews

Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 22, 2013
Pros: distance
Cons: pay
Good place to work. great benefits, vacations. not too far from my home. My supervisor is a good guy works with me and helps out with issues. the weather is all ways a gamble.
Awesome Co-workers and staff
Inspector (Current Employee), Chicago,ilMarch 26, 2013
Pros: time with family, not locked into a office, offer of traveling to places i could not be able to go.
Cons: nothing comes to mind
I have been with SGS since Nov. 2003. Yes times have changed
But the people remain the same. I became friends with allot of the office staff and fellow inspectors. There are days when it is bad and there is days when I like getting off work early and spend it with my family.
Just like every company, you can get pressured, stressed out. But working together – more... makes all that disappear.
I am satisfied with where I'm at, I plan to retire from this company and or stay as long as they want and need me to.
Question for all?
What would you rather do have the whole countryside as your office or be locked up in a building some where.
And I don't think there is anyone out there that does not like to travel.
I travel for them as much as I can. It bought me closer to my family then it ever was.
Thank you. I tell all the people I train. This is not rocket science, this job is easy to get but harder to keep.
What's wrong with that? – less
productive fun place to work
Lead Inspector (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 21, 2013
Good working habits not so heavy busy days. work at your own pace.
shady company
Off lease inspector (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: work unsupervised
Cons: mileage reinbursment, no raises
you give them an inch,they will take you a mile.Meening they make you drive all over the place and do not compensate nearly enough for wear and tear.Only pay .34 cents a mile,so you have to claim the other .26 cents a mile on your taxes.pain in the but.job not that hard but all the paper and computer work that has to be done on top of it makes it not – more... worth it. – less
Productive work place as long as the automotive industry does well
Client Services Rep (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 4, 2012
I worked 7:30 - 4:30 in a cubicle. I learned how to multitask and cater to big banks. The management team was pretty good. My co-workers were great. Hardest part of my job was answering 100+ emails a day. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my ex boss.
It was a good place to work
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Smyrna, TNApril 1, 2012
Pros: hours great
Cons: only part time work
SGS was a fun place. Got to work the hours that best fit my family life.