SGS

SGS United States Employee Reviews

Good place to learn skills
Laboratory Technician (Current Employee), LincolnshireMarch 31, 2015
Good work environment but lacks job growth. Learned several entry level skills and good management. Hours are flexible but most days will require more then eight hours of work.
no comment needed
Warehouse Tech (Former Employee), Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 23, 2015
Worked their from August of two thousand thirteen to November of
two thousand fourteen .Worked on the four one two , twelve hour rotating shift . Had to watch may back the entire time I work their.
Productive and a nice environment to work in
Process Operator (Current Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: SGS/PSC is a pretty good company to work for overall. The work isn't hard at all & management stands behind their employees.

Cons: As most companies have their pros, they also have their cons. The only thing that I really have to say is that in order for them to keep a full staff, they would have to pay better. Also the benefits can be better.
Safe
Switchman (Current Employee), Baytown, TXFebruary 17, 2015
Safe Enviroment
get empty rail cars and spot them into the proper loading racks to be loaded.
Get loaded rail cars and build them together to get shipped out.
Good Job.
operator I (Former Employee), norcoJanuary 10, 2015
Great place to work. Its an excellent stepping stone for anyone seeking a process operator position.
Upper management sucks
Operator (Former Employee), Sulphur, LAJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: upper management
Upper management sucks
don't care about their employees
don't care about safety, just want the job to get done
Gone a lot for home, good for someone with out a family
Radiographer (Current Employee), Broken Arrow, OKDecember 18, 2014
Travel a lot don't get to see the family a lot.
It would be good for someone young who doesn't have a family yet
work a lot of hours..
good place to work
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee), west virginiaDecember 4, 2014
Pros: work cloths
Cons: weekend work (every weekend)
SGS was a very close nit place to work family like, but if you werert part of the family ... they mad you fill that way. pay was good co workers were nice nothing about this job is hard most enjoyable part of the day was ..............i learned lots of new things. that help me in diffrent areas of my life.
Minimal training, high expectations, and condescending, intimidating management.
Laboratory Cell Technician (Current Employee), Aurora, CONovember 15, 2014
Pros: pay is decent for entry level
Cons: required to log break time even if you dont take one; jerks near and far.
I've worked here for about 4.5 months, after graduating from technical school with honors. My aptitude is legitimate, but unfortunately, the "training" was skeletal at best. It consisted of several weeks of a watchdog pressing buttons and clicking a mouse for you until you have a vague understanding of "automapping", and the relationship between digital temperature and pressure displays and emissions analyzers. No one in upper management cares about what is going on below them, and they come off resentful when addressing the dwindling results of their ignored faculty. The manager doesn't have a human bone in his body and answers questions with page numbers.
CFO - for Sustatinable Groundwater
CFO (Former Employee), Watertown, WIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: loved my job
Cons: company went bankrupt
I loved working here. I was responsible for all accounting staff, reconciling the books, A/R, A/P, payroll, tax payments, month-end and year-end close. I came into this position when they needed someone who could handle the accounting department on a daily basis. In the past they just hired a consultant. I went back 2 years and began to balance all their books.

Unfortunately the company owners were taking money from the business and their investors. This led to the ultimate release of the president and vice president of SGS. I stayed on to work for the bank and lawyers to help the close the business and file for bankruptcy. Had things gone as expected I know I would still be working there. I love what I did, many diverse duties and great staff.
Productive and challenging workplace
Laboratory Analyst I (Current Employee), Anigua, GUSeptember 30, 2014
Work here is fun and i have learned a lot of scientific equipments used in the petroleum/oil industry. A typical day would be in the lab doing various types of testing. The management here is really dissapointing and salary is really low for an analyst. The most enjoyable part of the job is having an awesome coworkers who have helped me with adjusting to this type of work.
n/a
Planner/Scheduler (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAAugust 5, 2014
I have learned a lot within this company, after 11 years. Just ready to do soemthing different.
Avoid working at the Toulon, IL office
Seasonal Office Assistant (Former Employee), Toulon, ILJuly 30, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers
Cons: horrible managers
Management is what makes this company difficult to work for. Co-workers are friendly and helpful.
no room for advancement/unacceptable management practices
Front End Underwriter (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 19, 2014
Sutherland is ran poorly the management doesn't care about employees. bottom line only
AVERAGE
Junior Inspector (Former Employee), ST Croix USVIJuly 16, 2014
Work environment adequate to meet legal requirements for OSHA and MSHA
Great company to work for
Dow Chemical Dock Operator (Former Employee), Plaquemine, LAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: lots of time off
Cons: plant life
- great work balance
- employee screening very good
- good management
Positive managers that go above and beyond
Regional Dispatcher Northern Region (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2014
Pros: communication, laughter, team work, and problem solving
Cons: long hours
My typical day at work is very busy, I am constantly on the phone talking to my inspectors. Preparing my reports daily submitting information for our customers. When there are issues in the field as a dispatcher I try to resolve the problems. Being a dispatcher I have learned a company revolves around what we do. For me the key factors of becoming a great dispatcher is Knowing how to coordinate, lead, and keep everyone productive. There will always be fires to put out but its how you choose to do so. Being a dispatcher has a lot of rewards and the best one for me is knowing I am making a difference in a customers eyes.
Ive enjoyed every minute of every day that Ive worked here
Process Manager- North America (Current Employee), Deer Park, TXMay 31, 2014
Only looking to leave due to plans of relocation.

There is always room for advancement.

There are never any days where you come to work looking for things to do.
Great Employers, Great Work Environment
Sampling Crew (Former Employee), Wyoming, ILMay 15, 2014
Pros: physical labor, outdoors, supportive staff
A typical day consisted of arriving to work at 7:00 A.M. Once at work you're given the plan for the day, then all the workers travel in trucks to a field plot. Once everyone has arrived at the field plot the workers begin the process of preparing the corn to be ready for sampling. A regular day will include pollinating the plants, sampling the plants with supervisors, and removing unwanted foliage from the plot. The supervisors were very helpful and positively reinforced the employees on a regular basis.
Taking care of the employee
Lab Manager (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 10, 2014
This is a company that puts the well been of its employees first.

1 2 3

About SGS

SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global – Read more

SGS Salaries