SGS

SGS Employer Reviews

Overall good company to work for
Rail Coordinator (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAJune 29, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: not much room for advancement
I find there is not alot of room for advancement, especially if you are good in the postion you are in, they will keep you there. Great benefits and yearly appreciation dinners.
Productive and fun workplace. People are great!
Analytical Laboratory Technologist (Current Employee), Brookings, SDMay 22, 2013
People are great! Work is great. A nice laboratory and up to date technology. The work is easy.
Harassment central
Production Artist (Former Employee), Brooklyn Park, MNMay 8, 2013
Pros: good benefits and vacation
Cons: poor management and human resources, bad employee and manager conduct
Some of the SGS employees that worked there while I worked there liked to make sick jokes. The kind of jokes I would hear were terrible, mainly about women's body parts and such. That is so low class about should never be acceptable in the work place. When I approached my manager about it, nothing was done. Instead, they told me I could either take – more... a second shift or have no job at all.

I would avoid this company all together. – less
Large Cape Contractor.
ESS, Electronic Security Specialist (Former Employee), Cape Canaveral Air Force StationMay 2, 2013
Pros: 5-day work week. we shifted our schedules to give the company/cape support 7 days a week.
Cons: contract ended with the cape, and ksc. the new alarm contractor used their own people, putting us all on the street. service on alarm systems that we worked on, suffered.
With ESS, the Union barganed a very friendly Contract with the company. Both sides benefitted, and were happy.
Not a great place to work.
Loader (Former Employee), Pasadena, TXApril 29, 2013
Pros: always hiring
Cons: low pay, subpar management
Wasn't all that great of a job. Hours were kind of crazy. The work was very dirty. Management acted as if you didn't matter and that you were just a warm body.
A good company to work for
Senior Designer (Former Employee), Kennedy Space Center, FLMarch 11, 2013
SGS was a good company to work for. Not the most challenging job tasks. But plenty of work.
easy going and work with good people
Loader/ Switchman (Current Employee), Carville, LAMarch 2, 2013
I find what line i'm working and load rail cars. I'm a trained switch man who move railcars around the plant.
Temporary employee
Lead Inspector (Former Employee), Livonia, MIJanuary 11, 2013
Assignment: Home Depot Lumber Distribution center, Romulus. I was responsible for unloading lumber from railcar and flatbed trucks using LPG lift truck. After unload I would place loads in their proper storage bays for redistribution to Home Depot stores in the region. I also was responsible for performing pre and post operating maintenance on assigned – more... lift truck. – less
SGS review
Tech/ Operator (Former Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2013
Pros: pay, and benifits packages, c
Cons: management
During my two years at SGS I acquired new knowledge in the developmental side of the automotive industry. The company offered outstanding benefits, including a 401K and accumulating vacation time. I met some wonderful people and had the opportunity to work side by side with engineers from all over the country. Overall i enjoyed my co-workers and the – more... duties of the job. Unfortunately management had poor communication between themselves and the employees which led to mistakes. When mistakes were made an unforgiving, unprofessional response was gave to employees, which led to there high turnover rate. If clear direction was provided and treatment of the employees by management was improved, this would have been a life long career. – less
Follow section head everything in one day work
Inspector (Current Employee), hangzhou,ZhejiangDecember 30, 2012
I need more choice to work it to be myselft ,Maybe the company is not suitable for me .
Work is ok maybe busy sometimes.
Inspector (Former Employee), Texas City, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Direct supervisor has no sympathy for no one at all . The co-workers are excellent, and the benefits are great other than that its a pretty good place to work for.
Conformance Analyst / Analytical Chemist
Conformance analyst (Current Employee), Amman - JordanAugust 8, 2012
Pros: quality assurance
Cons: helthcare
I believe the Quality Control / Quality Assurance filed utilze my experience ( 8 years experience in pharmaceutical industry ).
Right now I work at SGS Group ( Inspection, Verification, Testing & Certification Services ) as Conformance Analyst for Food,Chemical and pharmaceutical Products
Duties include:
-To check and approve the conformity documents – more... (test reports, quality certificates, analysis reports …etc).
-To check company's Quality Management System documents (ISO 9001, ISO 22000, HACCP, …etc).
-Verify the conformity of the documents.
-Issue the certificate of conformity (CoC) which enable the goods to enter the country.

On the ather side I have vey good experience as Senior Quality Control Department in the pharmaceutical industry ( 5 years at Remedica Pharmaceutical Co / Limassol - Cyprus & 2.5 Years at Advance Pharmaceutical / Sahab - Jordan ).
Duties include:

- Good experience in GMP,GLP Requirements & Covered The Validation Strategy and Sampling Requirements for (Mixing, Granulation, Compression ,Capsule Filling, Dry Suspension Filling, Tablet Coating), Labeling and Handling of Validation Samples, Analytical Control, Protocol Deviation, Acceptance Criteria, Statistical Analysis, Process Validation Report .
- Participate in writing SOP’s for multi methods of analysis(Chemical and Physical tests) for Raw materials, In process and Finish product as USP, BP, EP Pharmacopeias (Wet Chemistry & Instrumental Analysis).
- Filing, Review and Check documents Via In House check list.
- Covered the full range of pharmaceutical analysis methods used by Remedica which includes TLC, Automated titration, UV and HPLC(Waters – less
Worst place to work
Management (Former Employee), LincolnshireJune 27, 2012
worst place to work at. No respect and work appreciation from management. Low pay and more work expectation.
great paying job that doesn't allow a social life or much sleep
Chemist (Former Employee), Savannah GAJune 17, 2012
Pros: pay
Cons: 24 hour on call
I worked there for about a year as a chemist. I was told I would work 8-5 M-F and on call as needed. The job requires being on call 24 hours. There were many times that I received a phone call at 3 AM to be at work at 4 AM. I would work from 4AM to 6AM. Then be told to come back at 8AM. It also is not fun receiving a phone call in a movie theater (15 – more... min after the movie starts) telling you to come to work. So you have to walk out and go to work. – less
not a good place to work.
operator (Former Employee), bayer and exxonMay 3, 2012
Pros: alot of over time
Cons: does not give equal opportunity
The company is all about procedure, miss one procedure and your out. When it come to the company hand book and policy all procedures are thrown out the window. There also is a lot of favoritism between leadman and emplyee that will cause you your job if your not a part of that in crowd. Company allows other employee to file faults againts other employee – more... with HR and will not allow the other employee to speak the truth. They will work you for 12 hours or more and wont allow you to take lunch and forget about taking any breaks. Bottom line the company doesn't take care of the employee. – less
Good experience
Consultant (Former Employee), Rochester NYMarch 6, 2012
While at SGS (sutherland global services) I was able to learn alot about the way people interact with other people. SGS also provides a Leadership training course that is prefect for anyone who wants to be a manager that doesnt have the needed experience or schooling.

otto – April 15, 2012

hello I am interested in a posistion at sgs, how do i apply? i prefer to mail my application but i am not getting any info. as to how i could get my infor.to them. can youhelpme please?

Enjoyable company to work for
Rail Switchman (Former Employee), Dow TaftJanuary 19, 2012
I worked for SGS for about 10 months, and really like the people I worked with including management. The culture stressed heavily on safety, but was done in a tasteful and inclusive manner. I only left to pursue a career in process operations once I had completed my degree.
AVOID
Former Employee (admin) (Former Employee), Weston-super-MareJune 2, 2014
Cons: incompetent management and internal politics
Overlaiden with impossible and unachieveable tasks all of which were urgent and resulting from poor management and organisation of the office.
Lacking in any real investment in staff training. Much of what I learnt regarding procedures was self-taught.
Unprofessional and incompetent management often absent from the office. Abusive and bullying work – more... environment with a huge turnover in staff.
Co-workers were generally quite unhappy and unfulfilled. If a colleague managed to promote themselves constantly and 'talk the talk' this was pleasing to management who were easily fooled by those with an elevated sense of self-importance but who were lacking in any concrete foundation. Other collegues that worked themselves to the bone did not receive the recognition and support they deserved so left.
Hardest part of job was trying to work productively and respond to unrealistic demands as well as trying to decipher the internal politics.
The most enjoyable part of the job was leaving the office on time and taking annual leave. – less
no fun at the workplace
Lab Operator (Current Employee), Belfast, MPMay 6, 2014
Cons: one hour
At SGS ,I work as a lab operator,I prep the samples coal at prep area,I collect the samples at the plant and pit samples,I'm done size grading,pulverising and crushing samples,total moiture and abbrisive index.Always I work very hard to my cmpany.
very bad terrible managment
tech. (Former Employee), Fort mcmurray albertaMay 2, 2014
Pros: time off
Cons: work atmosphere
Basically....supervisors and managment are in positions because of time served at company not because of qualifications. Management and supervisors should be replaced with monkeys.
Complete lack of integrity.

About SGS

You know those little stickers that say "Inspected by 2438"? Meet 2438. SGS North America, a division of global testing and verification – Read more