Restaurant General Manager / Front of House Manager
The General Manager/Front of the House Manager has the overall responsibility for directing the daily operations of the restaurant, ensuring compliance with company standards in all areas of operation, including production and delivery, customer relations, restaurant maintenance and repair, inventory management, team management, recruiting and retention of team members, financial accountability, ensuring that the highest quality products and services are delivered to each customer and other duties as required or assigned
Additional Responsibilities Include :
- Creating value for Owners through efficient operations, appropriate cost controls, and profit management
- Effectively manage a restaurant establishing policies and guidelines of the company, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction at all times.
- Controls day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team
- Ensures OSHA, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are maintained
- Controls profit & loss, by following cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions
- Recruits, interviews, and hires team members, conducts performance appraisals, takes discipline action, motivates and trains
- Has authority to hire and fire (or participate in those decisions)
- Ensures maintenance of equipment, facility, and grounds through the use of a preventative maintenance program
- Ensures food quality and 100% customer satisfaction
- Ensures a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work behaviors of the team
- Champions recognition and motivation efforts
The ideal candidate for the General Manager/Front of the House Manager position will posses:
- Dedication to providing exceptional customer service
- Good communication skills, and strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional team building capability
- Basic business math and accounting skills, and strong analytical/decision-making skills
- Computer literate
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. College or university Degree Preferred
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment, including Profit & Loss responsibility
If interested, please send your cover letter indicating salary requirements and a resume in a word document.
Shady Harbor Marina is a full service marina located south of Albany, NY on the Hudson River.