shaffer trucking Employee Reviews

Good, solid company
OTR Driver (Former Employee), NationalAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Good money
Cons: Home time
As with any OTR position, there will be challenges. My one and only reason for leaving was to be home for my young daughter and my family.
Great 1st job with great trainers
Driver (Current Employee), Lincoln NebraskaAugust 6, 2015
For someone fresh out of school there is no better place to start your OTR career than Shaffer/Crete. Once your first six months is in the pay jumps and you are on your way. They do not pull any punches, what they say they do and they are a very secure company.
driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), New Kingstown, PADecember 13, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the job till the dispatch switched
Cons: scimped on miles
done my routes got home when I needed to I got paid good as I done my job, had no issues with dispatch
II really enjoyed this company,
dispatch switched everything went down hill! I didn't get miles I needed, had to train dispatcher how I needed to run my time. Got a better offer and gave notice
Not a bad place
CDL Driver (Current Employee), New Kingstown, PAOctober 1, 2014
Not a too bad of a place to work. You are dispatched daily. Much depends on freight.
Great Company
OTR and Dedicated Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMarch 2, 2014
Worked for them for 5 years, great company. If they had office openings in Texas, I would continue to work for them when I graduate from college.
Same as prevous Job.
Long Haul Truck Driver (Former Employee), DeLand, FLFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: see above
Cons: see above
Same as above. Too many regulations.

not enough miles to make any money.
Solid Company
Driver (Current Employee), New Kingstown, PASeptember 29, 2013
Organized company dedicated to employees. Good management team.
Fast-paced, long hours
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), New Kingstown, PASeptember 10, 2013
Pros: travel, touring production plants
Cons: long hours, mandatory overtime
As a Customer Service Representative, I was responsible for scheduling freight runs to keep the trucks productive. The days were long and meetings were scheduled after work hours to employees would be – more... available for during the day. Weekends were mandatory. While I enjoyed the travel and experiences of touring the customers' facilities, such as the Hershey chocolate plants, as a single mother at the time, it was not a suitable fit for me. – less
none debt company that updates equipment regularly
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEAugust 16, 2013
Pros: company not indebt. they try to keep equipment safe with preventive maintance
Cons: when equipment would breakdown. it may take days to weeks to fit problems
stable company that's not indebt to anyone. they try to get you home on time but doesn't always happen. they try to get you home for Christmas I chose not to be home for Christmas.
Can be Great Place to work--Depends on where you live
Professional Driver (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEMay 7, 2013
Pros: good hometime allowed, great money when things worked right
Cons: unreliable dispatch, poor management, lousy op-systems
OTR work is long and arduous, but the benefits are many, and you'll see an excellent portion of the highways and byways. The equipment is newer, and sometimes experience helps you decide what you can allow – more... to be dysfunctional so long as safety is first.

I learned that often the Mgmt is NOT receptive to suggestions from their experienced drivers ;-( ...perhaps why I'm not with them any longer.

Co-workers generally give you the heads-up on day2day ops...

Hardest part of the job is dealing with work-arounds on the comm
Enjoyed the smooth dispatch and load planning and ride most of the time I was with them...just a few stick-in-the-mud moments, which can occur in any OTR work arrangement – less
Transportation of goods and services to potential customers
Truck Driver (Former Employee), New Kingstown, PADecember 2, 2012
Pros: bonus and other benefits
Cons: free shower in the terminals
I spend most of my time driving on the road. It's a fun job with less supervision. I am a sole truck driver the hardest part of my job was in winter time. I learned from this job how to be patient, good communication skills, and safety.
Review
otr driver,dedicated fleet last 7 yrs (Former Employee), New Kingstown, PAAugust 6, 2012
Pros: they pretty much go out of there way 4 you
Cons: i really cant say
very good to work for they leave you alone pretty much good benifits coe workers helpfull. staying out is always the hardest part of any job, driving and equitment up to date.
All about themselves
OTR Driver (Current Employee), New Kingstown, PAJuly 3, 2012
They don't care about the driver,they just care about their short runs getting delivered and don't care that the driver is not getting any miles out of it.