Shaklee Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Environmentally friendly compnay
Field Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAAugust 27, 2015
Shaklee is a great company to work for the product is great and everyone is so helpful on and off of work. Very friendly company.
A typical day at work includes discussing the wonders of Shaklee products and a few phone calls.
Distributor (Current Employee) –  Lino Lakes, MNAugust 13, 2015
This is one of the best companies out there. I am passionate about their products and their integrity.
I have increased my communication skills tremendously as a result of working for myself with this company.
Great company
Independent Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 5, 2015
Approached individuals expressing an interest in products; received cash, check and/or contacted Customer Service with individuals on the telephone line and correctly completed sales transactions; tendered receipts; taxes were submitted with original purchase orders; correctly processed on-line product orders.
Pros
great products. gaining continuous expenerience talking to cold potential customers
Cons
mailing products to family out of state/ expenses out way income
Great Company to Work For
Field Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMarch 2, 2015
The job culture here was great. It was a fun place to work with great compensation and benefits. Fast paced work environment with great advancement opportunity. This is the best company I have ever worked for!
Management style is horrible and they move you around anywhere if you are a hard worker.
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHJanuary 6, 2015
There is no typical day at work because if you are a hard worker - management will make you do different projects for their own department and take complete advantage of you.They will also move you around A LOT even when you weren't hired onto the company for the specific job that they make you do.

I learned that you don't have to be a manager to be a great mentor/leader. I had more mentoring and coaching from employees who were not managers.

Management here is AWFUL. You are scared to talk to management about anything that is work related because you're afraid of repercussions. Management gossips ten times more than the associates on the floor. There is no leader/mentor in management at this company - I was lucky to have just one manager who was there for me to help guide and support me.

Co-workers are always cranky and hate their job just as much as you do because the morale of this company is awful.

The hardest part of this job is dealing with all the different projects thrown your way.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the moment you get to clock out.
Cons
management, no sick days, the way you have to get pto, hours.
Wonderful Company with room to grow
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHMay 28, 2014
I worked as an personal assistant for a very nice woman who worked for Shaklee Corporations. She treated me very kindly and the work was fairly easy. I enjoyed my work but when she began to travel around the country more often, I couldn't follow (being that I was still in school) so I gave up my position.
She was very passionate about the company and the products it stood behind which made it a lot easier for me to also stand behind the food and products.
The job was short-lived but it was a great experience for me and I really loved the work I did there.
Pros
great products, great pay, lots of benefits
This company shoiuld not even be reviewed as it is part of my past sales and I order my own products for personal use and should not even be considere
Independent Representative (Former Employee) –  californiaFebruary 7, 2013
My work with Shaklee Corp. was solely self employment and you are not able to receive any information from them. Strictly bonus payments, no salary. My contacts were mine only.

My days were always pleasant, interesting and always orderly.I liked being busy as I could stay focused and visited briefly with my fellow workers as to keep busy. I kept my conversations on a non personal basis.There was never a really hard part to my job except learning to associate a name with a dept. in the beginning.
My pay is so minimum and only mention my work with them as it was sales experience and I am no longer active..
Great benefits
Reg. Sales Dept, Admin. Assist./ Meeting Planner (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJJanuary 12, 2013
It was a great corporation to work for. Helping people to be healthier by offering/teaching about the benefits of proper nutrition.
Pros
great nutritional products
Cons
many away trips
Fun place to work if you are into health foods and vitamins
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAJune 26, 2012
Overall, great place to work. Company is in growth mode and expanding internationally.
Pros
substantial discounts on products
Cons
president is micro manager with inner circle
in take large volumes of calls, processing order service reports, Filing, copy.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILApril 30, 2012
Multi million dollar company that sell cleaning products, water filters, make up, energy drinks and vitamins. Great company to work for. Shaklee is a center that take in large call volumes on orders that need to be enter. I learn that patience Is what un need to deal with heavy calls that are put in each day. Co-workers are helpfu and friendly too. Hardest part of that job is making sure I give corrected information when customers have questions to the products. Most enjoyable part of the job is gainning a great customer friendly relationship with each membe that calls into the center.
Pros
hour lunch, 75 percent off shaklee products, new products we get free to try out, great benifits, profit sharing, 3 weeks vacations, work with a bunch of friendly people.
Cons
other co-workers share each other desk.
An Excellent Employer
Sr Process /Project/Equipment/Validation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hayward, CA, Norman, OKNovember 23, 2011
It was the start to my present expertise being a Solid Dose Manufacturing Engineer.
Pros
excellent opportunities!
Cons
none!