Shamrock Foods Company

Shamrock Foods Company Employer Reviews

Overall Great company,
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Pros: great company vison
Cons: lack of managment company focus.
Lack of managment knowledge
co workers very team focused.
hardest part of job: to many sub instructions from sub managers with no knowledge of prior instructions.
Transportation logistics, DOT guiedlines, handheld INTERMEC systems and share points are just a few things i learned.
Employment Details Not Written To Understand
General Plant Laborer (Former Employee), Phoenix, AzJune 3, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: management
I Only Worked Here For 2 Weeks In The Job Description It Said Flavor Products.

To Someone That Has Never Done This Type Of Work Before I Understood It To Be Adding Flavor To Products..

NOT TASTE TESTING THE PRODUCTS!!!!!

I My Self Do Not Eat Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream Or Buttermilk And These Would Be Some Of The Things That I Would Have Had To FLAVOR – more... "Taste Test"

Because I Was Unwilling To FLAVOR "Taste Test" These Products My Employment Was Terminated "VERY VERY UNFAIR"

My Recommendation Is DO NOT WORK HERE There Is Nothing Good Here – less
A Place to Collect a Pay Check
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 30, 2014
Pros: free lunch once a month
Cons: everything else
It is difficult to review the company as a whole when working in only one department. One would like to believe that the problems of the department in which one works is localized and isolated, rather than systemic. Unfortunately, the problems I encountered while working for Shamrock proved to be systemic. The company is extremely bureaucratic. Management – more... resists change and often attempts to quash new ideas until they have an opportunity to take credit for them. Seasoned employees are given preference over younger, more motivated and more productive employees. This company will bully you as an employee if you uncover any practices that could prove threatening to the company's reputation or potentially merit legal recourse against it. The company's idea of "family" and "trust" and "mutual respect" is compliance under duress and threat of penalty at law. Upper management is paranoid that employees they let go are out to get them. Returning work that had been taken home is subject to legal recourse for "disclosure of confidential material." Of course, had they informed an employee that they were being terminated, there would be no need to return any work or property belonging to the company after termination. Would they rather it be destroyed? How does that benefit the company? The people seem nice, but not sure they have how to treat people who are trying to HELP them with sensitive information on bad business practices. It might make an employee think these practices were illegal. – less
Bad pay
System Driver (Former Employee), Commerice city, CoFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers
Cons: bad management
Lots of work bad pay. Poor management. Company does not have direction.
awful place too work at no future
order puller dairy (Former Employee), phx, azJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: no pros stay away
Cons: read my review awful awful company too work for
I lasted 3hrs they threw me in with no proper training or direction I was a order puller in the dairy area using a hook too pull crates I felt like the two guys I was working with was making a secret bet too make me quit they rushed and worked me hard I urge u this company just awful a staffing angency name all staff az hire ppl daily they pay is 7.80 – more... an they expect you too bust ur tail lifting 75pound repetively I swear that company is a modern day slavery for shamrock – less
super boring
stocker (Former Employee), farmington, NMDecember 17, 2013
Pros: just stock shelves
Cons: no growth no pay
No growth and keeps you broke. Only 20 hours a week @ minimum wage . I worked retail before and this company is below poverty, favorites first gets promoted and that happens only when the earth stays still and that is never! Look elsewhere!
Very micro management place
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: managment/work
Hard warehouse work, strict deadlines, very rude supervisors. Worked to the bone, only known as a number not a person.
Managment was not personable, treated you like a animal.
Co workers were ok.
Very hard labor, must maintain a certain speed and orders per hour.
Pay was ok.
If you dont have a life or a family
driver (Current Employee), phoenixAugust 25, 2013
Pros: exercise
Cons: too much exercise bad for your health
This company will consume you and your life. They will work you to death for nothing and do not care about you, your family or anything else about life. The management is horrible! And everyday there's a new rule to make the job more difficult.
don't do it!
former incentive driver (Former Employee), phoenix azMay 16, 2013
Pros: simply is no pros they dont care about you they'll make your life worse
Cons: no life while working for foods, they run the 10hr rule, if you throw 140 one day they'll expect it every day, bad for your health
Hire quick fire faster they will use you and abuse you till you can't handle it.
Don't do it
warehouse (Former Employee), phoenix azApril 23, 2013
Shamrock is a horriable place to work, hours are always changing, they will take money away from you, captains and supervisers say one thing and do another, they have employees who smoke weed, do coke, meth, and drink on the job. You bust your butt for little pay.
Always Changing
Operations Supervisor / Exec Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2012
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: policy changes
Shamrock is in a growth phase currently and things are always hopping and changing. Generally a mature group of people that have been with the company for years.
HQ is in Phoenix as are all opportunities
Web Architect & Notes Administrator (Former Employee), Denver (Commerce City)December 21, 2011
Pros: stable environment.
Cons: privately held. hq in arizona.
Shamrock is a privately held corporation with its HQ in Phoenix. Other than sales all high level positions and opportunities are in Phoenix.

About Shamrock Foods Company

You might say Shamrock Foods is milking the foodservice business for all it's worth. Distribution business Shamrock Foods ranks in – Read more