Shamrock Foods Company Employee Reviews in United States

Thought they lived by motto- not really
Customer Care Level 1 (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 2, 2015
Timeliness, loyalty, ethics, responsability and devotion don't mean much when you are trying to move up. Some who do the opposite and become teacher's pet are more likely to move up. Decisions are based on a test rather then on your capabilities to demonstrate physically that you can succeed at the job given,
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
most holidays worked
You Screwed.
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 27, 2015
Work all day, never see your family never have a decent weekend off, work one day shift then one night shift the next day, they don't take no for a Answer. They don't care about you and if you get hurt its a either you do it or get fired type of place.loads see screwed up before you get them and the so called supervisors that don't even have a CDL don't care.everyone that works their wants to shoot them selfs every morning. Supervisors Are SNAKES
Pros
Decent money
Cons
You have to learn the hard way.
Wonderful place to work, very focused on advancement and training
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2015
The Benefits Director cares about her employees. The team works together well. The culture is to treat all employees as family. It is a great place to work.
Recruiter for various departments and states
Staffing Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2015
I worked with a great team recruiting for all departments throughout the business and various states. The company is great to work for and has great work/life balance. They care about their employees and consider them family.
Pros
Luncheons to show employees appreciation
Cons
Not applicable
productive
Inside sales and customer care associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2015
count large amounts of money brought in daily by each driver, checked drivers packets make sure order was correct all information was needed. fun workplace great co workers
The WORST Place I Have Ever Worked At
Outside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2015
Hired as an Outside Sales Associate in an area the company had previously serviced, but was unsuccessful at maintaining. Of course, this information was somehow left out of the hiring process. I was thrown into a situation that set me up to fail. They had such a bad reputation, and had screwed so many customers over, that no one would even talk to me. District Manager was extremely incompetent and unprofessional. So called "specialists" were ridiculously unqualified and killed any chance I had at obtaining new business, due to their lack of follow through. Coming from an awesome company that really cared about the customer to this hot mess, was extremely frustrating. I stuck it out almost a year, but that was all I could take.
Pros
Medical Benifits were stanadard for the size of the company.
Cons
No teamwork, minimal training, unrealistic expectaions, dishonest..
do not even do it!
driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2015
This is the worst place I have ever worked for. They are so poorly managed and dysfunctional. I can't even think of one good thing to say about this place. If you have no life and do not mind killing yourself then go ahead and do it. You can make money when they are not steeling it from you but other then that it is a spot in my life I wish I could erase. They talk about family and stuff but they do not care about you or your family and will screw you whenever possible.
Pros
pay check
Cons
every thing else
Big Company with a small company structure
Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
Working within Shamrock Foods has opened my eyes to the corporate structure. Days at work are always busy with no down time. Management does a good job of standing up for us while still in a new department with a lot of kinks to be worked out. My co-workers and I do the best we can to meet the expectations applied to our department while still adhering to company policy.
Pros
great benefits, complimentary milk, yogurt and cottage cheese
Overall Great company,
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Lack of managment knowledge
co workers very team focused.
hardest part of job: to many sub instructions from sub managers with no knowledge of prior instructions.
Transportation logistics, DOT guiedlines, handheld INTERMEC systems and share points are just a few things i learned.
Pros
great company vison
Cons
lack of managment company focus.
Employment Details Not Written To Understand
General Plant Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzJune 3, 2014
I Only Worked Here For 2 Weeks In The Job Description It Said Flavor Products.

To Someone That Has Never Done This Type Of Work Before I Understood It To Be Adding Flavor To Products..

NOT TASTE TESTING THE PRODUCTS!!!!!

I My Self Do Not Eat Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream Or Buttermilk And These Would Be Some Of The Things That I Would Have Had To FLAVOR "Taste Test"

Because I Was Unwilling To FLAVOR "Taste Test" These Products My Employment Was Terminated "VERY VERY UNFAIR"

My Recommendation Is DO NOT WORK HERE There Is Nothing Good Here
benefits
Cons
management
Bad pay
System Driver (Former Employee) –  Commerice city, CoFebruary 28, 2014
Lots of work bad pay. Poor management. Company does not have direction.
Pros
nice coworkers
Cons
bad management
awful place too work at no future
order puller dairy (Former Employee) –  phx, azJanuary 6, 2014
I lasted 3hrs they threw me in with no proper training or direction I was a order puller in the dairy area using a hook too pull crates I felt like the two guys I was working with was making a secret bet too make me quit they rushed and worked me hard I urge u this company just awful a staffing angency name all staff az hire ppl daily they pay is 7.80 an they expect you too bust ur tail lifting 75pound repetively I swear that company is a modern day slavery for shamrock
Pros
no pros stay away
Cons
read my review awful awful company too work for
super boring
stocker (Former Employee) –  farmington, NMDecember 17, 2013
No growth and keeps you broke. Only 20 hours a week @ minimum wage . I worked retail before and this company is below poverty, favorites first gets promoted and that happens only when the earth stays still and that is never! Look elsewhere!
Pros
just stock shelves
Cons
no growth no pay
Very micro management place
Warehouse Picker (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 4, 2013
Hard warehouse work, strict deadlines, very rude supervisors. Worked to the bone, only known as a number not a person.
Managment was not personable, treated you like a animal.
Co workers were ok.
Very hard labor, must maintain a certain speed and orders per hour.
Pay was ok.
benefits
Cons
managment/work
If you dont have a life or a family
driver (Current Employee) –  phoenixAugust 25, 2013
This company will consume you and your life. They will work you to death for nothing and do not care about you, your family or anything else about life. The management is horrible! And everyday there's a new rule to make the job more difficult.
Pros
exercise
Cons
too much exercise bad for your health
don't do it!
former incentive driver (Former Employee) –  phoenix azMay 16, 2013
Hire quick fire faster they will use you and abuse you till you can't handle it.
Pros
simply is no pros they dont care about you they'll make your life worse
Cons
no life while working for foods, they run the 10hr rule, if you throw 140 one day they'll expect it every day, bad for your health
Don't do it
warehouse (Former Employee) –  phoenix azApril 23, 2013
Shamrock is a horriable place to work, hours are always changing, they will take money away from you, captains and supervisers say one thing and do another, they have employees who smoke weed, do coke, meth, and drink on the job. You bust your butt for little pay.
Always Changing
Operations Supervisor / Exec Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2012
Shamrock is in a growth phase currently and things are always hopping and changing. Generally a mature group of people that have been with the company for years.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
policy changes
HQ is in Phoenix as are all opportunities
Web Architect & Notes Administrator (Former Employee) –  Denver (Commerce City)December 21, 2011
Shamrock is a privately held corporation with its HQ in Phoenix. Other than sales all high level positions and opportunities are in Phoenix.
Pros
stable environment.
Cons
privately held. hq in arizona.

2.4