Shamrock Foods Company Employee Reviews

DIRECTOR, INFORMATION SYSTEMS OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2017
Awesome place to work. Good people and good products. Growth is amazing at this privately held company...slowly taking over the southwest :-) Lots of new management which has been good. Increased accountability and lots of growth
Pros
Good culture
Cons
Can be very busy
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 23, 2017
The schedule is flexible, which is nice. Training program is very good. Some managers have different styles, which can take getting used to, but overall a great place to work.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Management Skills
Not worth it
CDL Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2017
If you don't mind working hard and being under appreciated, this is the job for you. Upper management has no idea what it is like to do the job that they are asking you to do
Productive Fast Paced Work Place
Account Executive - Dairy (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 9, 2017
Most days were filled with scheduled meetings, conference calls and account maintenance details.

Communicating, offering promotions and selling to my assigned accounts was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Great team to work with, great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
We treat customers like friends and associates as family...
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 20, 2017
This just is not true. And if it is, we must not be good friends and I would never treat anyone in my family the way I have seen things go down.
You will get worked to death and the second you are no longer deemed valuable, you are out on the street without an opportunity to do something else in another group where you could have an impact.
opportunity for advancement
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85009January 26, 2017
I was always given the option to advance in the work place. Training was always provided to ensure efficiency. The hardest part of the job was the hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 25, 2017
Poor Management

Human Resources has no power or willingness to correct problems

Poor Benefits including a high deductible medical plan

No work life Balance
Pros
Pay check
Cons
Dont work here!
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 22, 2017
Awesome place to work. Was hoping to advance within the company, employees are awesome to work with, management is great, HR team is best I have been part of.
Pros
Free ice tea, business casual
Spontaneity is the word
Account Executive Trainee (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2017
Flexible days in sales which allows time to spend with your family and go to appointments. Flexible, but everyday is a new adventure and can be a challenge if you aren't a self-starter. Lots of driving. Customer relationships are the most important part of the job.
Meat plant dont know what there doing management doesnt even know how stuff works
Loader (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 12, 2016
Never see your family leads don't know what there doing good pay. Expect you to do everything the right way more but other people can do it the wrong way. Favoritism for sure
Pros
Free fruit coffe hot chocstle on breaks free stuff for holidays and discounts
Cons
Bad managment poor leads
Thought they lived by motto- not really
Customer Care Level 1 (Current Employee) –  New MexicoDecember 2, 2015
Timeliness, loyalty, ethics, responsability and devotion don't mean much when you are trying to move up. Some who do the opposite and become teacher's pet are more likely to move up. Decisions are based on a test rather then on your capabilities to demonstrate physically that you can succeed at the job given,
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
most holidays worked
You Screwed.
CDL Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 27, 2015
Work all day, never see your family never have a decent weekend off, work one day shift then one night shift the next day, they don't take no for a Answer. They don't care about you and if you get hurt its a either you do it or get fired type of place.loads see screwed up before you get them and the so called supervisors that don't even have a CDL don't care.everyone that works their wants to shoot them selfs every morning. Supervisors Are SNAKES
Pros
Decent money
Cons
You have to learn the hard way.
Wonderful place to work, very focused on advancement and training
Benefits Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 29, 2015
The Benefits Director cares about her employees. The team works together well. The culture is to treat all employees as family. It is a great place to work.
Recruiter for various departments and states
Staffing Specialist (Contractor) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2015
I worked with a great team recruiting for all departments throughout the business and various states. The company is great to work for and has great work/life balance. They care about their employees and consider them family.
Pros
Luncheons to show employees appreciation
Cons
Not applicable
productive
Inside sales and customer care associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 15, 2015
count large amounts of money brought in daily by each driver, checked drivers packets make sure order was correct all information was needed. fun workplace great co workers
The WORST Place I Have Ever Worked At
Outside Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 9, 2015
Hired as an Outside Sales Associate in an area the company had previously serviced, but was unsuccessful at maintaining. Of course, this information was somehow left out of the hiring process. I was thrown into a situation that set me up to fail. They had such a bad reputation, and had screwed so many customers over, that no one would even talk to me. District Manager was extremely incompetent and unprofessional. So called "specialists" were ridiculously unqualified and killed any chance I had at obtaining new business, due to their lack of follow through. Coming from an awesome company that really cared about the customer to this hot mess, was extremely frustrating. I stuck it out almost a year, but that was all I could take.
Pros
Medical Benifits were stanadard for the size of the company.
Cons
No teamwork, minimal training, unrealistic expectaions, dishonest..
do not even do it!
driver (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 29, 2015
This is the worst place I have ever worked for. They are so poorly managed and dysfunctional. I can't even think of one good thing to say about this place. If you have no life and do not mind killing yourself then go ahead and do it. You can make money when they are not steeling it from you but other then that it is a spot in my life I wish I could erase. They talk about family and stuff but they do not care about you or your family and will screw you whenever possible.
Pros
pay check
Cons
every thing else
Big Company with a small company structure
Cost Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 3, 2015
Working within Shamrock Foods has opened my eyes to the corporate structure. Days at work are always busy with no down time. Management does a good job of standing up for us while still in a new department with a lot of kinks to be worked out. My co-workers and I do the best we can to meet the expectations applied to our department while still adhering to company policy.
Pros
great benefits, complimentary milk, yogurt and cottage cheese
Overall Great company,
Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2014
Lack of managment knowledge
co workers very team focused.
hardest part of job: to many sub instructions from sub managers with no knowledge of prior instructions.
Transportation logistics, DOT guiedlines, handheld INTERMEC systems and share points are just a few things i learned.
Pros
Great company vison
Cons
Lack of managment company focus.
Employment Details Not Written To Understand
General Plant Laborer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzJune 3, 2014
I Only Worked Here For 2 Weeks In The Job Description It Said Flavor Products.

To Someone That Has Never Done This Type Of Work Before I Understood It To Be Adding Flavor To Products..

NOT TASTE TESTING THE PRODUCTS!!!!!

I My Self Do Not Eat Cottage Cheese, Sour Cream Or Buttermilk And These Would Be Some Of The Things That I Would Have Had To FLAVOR "Taste Test"

Because I Was Unwilling To FLAVOR "Taste Test" These Products My Employment Was Terminated "VERY VERY UNFAIR"

My Recommendation Is DO NOT WORK HERE There Is Nothing Good Here