Shamrock Foods Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
Great family owned business. Great people, great atmosphere. The owners care about the employees and give back to the families. Shamrock also gives back to the communities it serves.
Hard work pays
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 16, 2017
the job is very time demanding and physical if you want an honest days pay for an honest days work than Shamrock has plenty of those long days. Working 14 hour days 5 consecutively has just ran its course with me.
Pros
pay and benifts are good
Cons
long days of hard work with very little grattitude from managment
Great company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COJuly 4, 2017
I have been with the company for almost 15 years, came here after retiring from the military. I wouldn't work anywhere else. They have always taken care of me. No problem with anyone that I worked with. Yes the work is hard but the job is more than a job, you develop relationships not only with your co-workers but also the customers. To this day when I see customers they remember me as a driver.
You get paid well for what you do. It is a matter of managing yourself and your loads that you get.
I enjoy coming to work everyday, I look forward to it.
Pros
free food, shirts, hats, jackets and many other swag they hand out from time to time
Cons
You have to manage yourself and your outside life. It is up to you on how that looks.
Not a great place to work
Dairy Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2017
They constantly go through drivers left and right. They have supervisors follow you if you get one complaint. The biggest flaw is the management. People try to leave the department and the management will call the other department and bad mouth you to make you stay so that they won't be short. Forget about an easy job they will work you hard and long . You will definitely get hours but you won't get any family time because you will find out why they have the biggest turn over rate by far. I started two years ago and now I just quit they last of 12 people hired.
Cons
very productive and great work staff
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2017
my work day would start by me cleaning and organizing my station and making sure the machine I was assigned to was working properly. I learned the in's and out's of a dairy factory/warehouse, but also the definition of having a great work ethic. The workplace environment was a really awesome experience, people that you could hang out with outside of work. The two hardest things about the job were to try and run a machine that was not cooperating with you and staying up for 12 hours. Honestly, the staff there is what made the whole experience worth it.
Pros
Great staff, made me strive to become a better worker.
Cons
It was difficult to receive your breaks/lunches
Good Stable Company
Purchasing and Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 19, 2017
Family owned, good company to work for if you want to stay with the same company for a long time. Culture is that of a small company that exploded into a big one i.e. - small company mentality but in a large company dynamic.
Pros
Good People, Welcoming Environment. Free Shamrock Products
Cons
Healthcare, Change-Resistant
Quality Organization
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
Good operation, quality in organization and employee care. They support great customer service and relationship development. Good opportunity for anyone interested in expanding their culinary appreciation.
Needs upgrade but has potential
Filler Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 28, 2017
Great pay and benefits. Not enough training and Production Management Team would tear you down b4 trying to educate you. Cold place to work unless you just want the money.
Pros
Good money. always get hrs
Cons
Not enough training
Very productive not good enough equipment
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CAMay 9, 2017
Good physical work all night stay busy equipment needs to be updated managers need to be people persons talk to you not down at you taking on more than they can handle at this time more restaurants more work not enough employees
Pros
Free ice cream
Cons
Don't finish within 10 hours you get written up
Working Supervisor/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 12, 2017
Overall good paying company good benifits to much conflict with scheduling no flexability when it comes to family . Not enough trining for the fast paced inviroment
Pros
Salary
Cons
Scheduling
transportation department is fair and flexable.
Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 7, 2017
with the transportation department supervisors are fair and willing to work with workers. over at the meat company no flexibility and will not work with the employees. they are willing to do hand out punishment instead of trying to assist in correcting any situation.
fast work place
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 15, 2017
very safe company with a lot of offer you based on your productivity level held you accountable for any mispick or short i really enjoyed working with the co workers really helpful in my progress with the company
Eh
Enterprise Buyer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZMarch 5, 2017
I've been at Shamrock for some time with little to no opportunities for advancement. Education and desire to learn more doesn't seem to be encouraged and can actually backfire on you depending on who you come into contact with.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Lower pay than industry, few opportunities to grow within the company
There is no loyalty
Meat Plant Manager (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COFebruary 15, 2017
They tell you they treat there employee's like family but they don't. The most enjoyable part of working there was your fellow employee's.
No life
Route Driver (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 28, 2017
Horrible job. Some of the hardest manual labor you'll ever do as a delivery driver. Too many stops out of order. Too many cases loaded dangerously. Management doesn't care about your life or health. Grind you up and spit you out. Takes years to get a route with two days off in a row. Only two paid holidays a year. Can't ever get requested days off approved. Faster you get the work done more work they give you. One day get a day shift next day get a night shift. Dispatch calls you to work when you're on vacation. No respect for the drivers at all. Grind you up spit you out.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
Everything else
truck washer/slave
Truck Washer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 28, 2017
I can only speak of the albuquerque branch and this is not a good company to work for. They will demand you do things that are not a part of your job description and when you speak to the transportation supervisor about it they'll give you a lecture on how this is a team and you may not fit in the team environment
(job security threats)
Cons
Not a good place to work at
Driver (Current Employee) –  Eastvale, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Bad transportation management not good at all it's only good if you need money but if you don't need to come here stay away 12 to 14 stop per day all over and when you call in for help you never get it you're on your own and you will never have time for lunch here
Pros
Cons
Not good
Worst place to work
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Need to become union there's a lot of Favertisum
They don't go by how long you been there it's only who the manager likes.the pay is pretty good but it's slave work and who you know
Pros
Break room is cool
Cons
Managers pick who they like
Great team members, work/life balance is missing
Service Desk Operations Lead (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 23, 2016
Worked here for 3 years. It's a great place to get started and begin your career but you will definitely be putting in some long hours so be prepared.
Pros
Lots of free lunches
Cons
We only celebrate 2 holidays a year
Awesome company
Transportation Associate (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 7, 2016
I worked with this company for about a year and I enjoyed everything I did from route delivery to shuttle transportation..... I tried to go back but they were concerned that I would stick around on the second go-round.
Pros
Great management, get you help when you need it, get you home almost every afternoon
Cons
3:30 a.m. start times depending on your location sometimes even earlier than that

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shamrock Foods. Our community is ready to answer.