Shands Starke Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
If you aren't the manager's drinking buddy, it sucks to work here!!!
Admissions (Former Employee) –  AdmissionApril 25, 2015
I worked in Admissions for 4 years! The most recent manager...If you were her drinking buddy, you'd sit in her office and plan your next weekend's adventure. Breaks? ANYTIME. LONG lunches? SURE!!! What does that mean for the rest of the staff? We had to pick up the slack. That's what! Questions or concerns went unheard. Supervisor's responsibilities went undone. (ONE of my paycheck's were 12 hours short!! - I was only working 24 hours a week!!) So, the next time I needed the supervisor to correct my time, I cc'd human resources to make sure it was done...I got written up for insubordination - Oh, and it was reflected on my evaluation as "not a team player". The management does not respond to requests for help, even when the staff who should be doing the work is sitting in their office for an hour.
Pros
Steady income, the hospital is ok to work at NOT ADMISSIONS DEPARTMENT
Cons
Schedule varies based on supervisor's wim, Weekends more if you're not in the "in" crowd, promotions given to staff the supervisor is personal friends with, people are demoted for "not being a good fit" for a position they've had for <5 years, so that the posiiton can be filled with those friends, you will be over worked under paid and over criticized if you're not cool enough
For once in my life the management actually cared!!!
ER and Out-patient Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  Starke, FLSeptember 9, 2014
I absolutely loved my job there and only left due to moving out of state. I miss everyone there... it was like we were all a family. There was little to no drama in the admissions department. Other places I worked was literally all about money. The management here actually cared about us. They worked VERY hard to make sure we all had a schedule that we could work with out issue. They worked around school schedules and life schedules. It is a VERY tiny hospital so you get to know everyone very quickly and everyone there seemed to welcome me with open arms.
Pros
schedule, family like team, management
Cons
the pay was very low but the hospital only has 25 beds so obviously you will make less.
Productive and great environment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Starke, FLAugust 1, 2013
This is a great home town hospital, you will always get the best care all the way from the admissions clerk to the nurses to the doctors.
Enjoyable place to work
Lead Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Starke, FloridaJanuary 4, 2013
A very well organized hospital with great changes for the community and employers.

Want to know more about Shands Starke Regional Medical Center?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shands Starke Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Shands Starke Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location