Shands Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and creative workplace
Clerk Control Desk (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 28, 2016
On a typical work day, I field all of the calls coming in, I schedule surgeries and place them in the correct room/location. I also call next day patients for their schedule times for surgery for the following day. Included in all of this, I also make the charts for each patient.
good place to work! Great staff
Vascular radiography Technologist (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLFebruary 18, 2016
Love teh staff at the OR at Shands UF! They love their patients and pt care is number one! The vascular surgeons are a joy to work for...
Good place
Operation Manager Environmental Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 25, 2015
Work was good, people where good, hours good, pay okay could have been better. Did like the night but did my job. Hours okay and the chance to move up was good.
Very busy day
Finacial Counselor and Office Secretary (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 31, 2015
I enjoy staying busy, I enjoy working with people, I also loved the patients. My favorite was working with the mental health and substance abuse patients its stressful but also challenging you learn to be a lot more patient when you know they are very sick individuals and need someone just to take the time to care and help them. The hardest part was I felt used by my supervisor and hire ups in the company. I felt the only time you got any positive feed was when no one else would come in. I want to work where the health industry is more like a family and not just a punch in and out. I think everyone should work together in a positive way to get a great outcome.
Pros
My patients and there families
Cons
Favortism
The best company.
Food and Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlMay 29, 2015
Couldn't have worked for a better company. From the management down to my co-workers, Shands was a wonderful experience in itself.
Great learning experience
Nurse Manager/ staff nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Great cardiothoracic surgeon to work with. Learned new procedures. Staff and health care professionals great to work with. Equipment state of the art.
Pros
excellent learning environment
Cons
loosing a great cardiothoracic surgeon
It was a high volume enviroment
Assiting Nursing Staff (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 30, 2014
There were alot of trust issued and misguideness at this job and no intergity for all employees
Pros
good staff
Cons
no support from management
Wonder professional environment
Shands Hospital Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 22, 2014
Great people to work with and a lot of hands on available. professionalism is shown widely throughout Shands.
Review
Registered Nurse (Pediatrics) (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 29, 2014
Benefits are great. Unfortunately old nurses eat their young there. A lot of opportunities to learn. The patients I worked with was the best part of my day and I will truly miss them.
Pros
benefits and patients
Cons
older nurses eating their young, alot of politics, favoritism
good place to work famiy atmosphere intelletually challenging
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 19, 2013
set up systemws program and analizing data and spread sheets developing new codes for existing programs
Great place to advance
Epilepsy Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2013
Exceptionally busy work load
Lots of exposure to unique diseases
Have the opportunity to work with some very gifted MDs
its an ok place to work if you have the right job
clerk mail distribution (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJuly 16, 2013
if you have a good job and good management its a great place to work, but some departments should be avoided at all cost.
Pros
life balance
Cons
parking, advancement
a teaching facility
Coord Bus Sign-age / Budget Analys / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 10, 2013
This is a facility that has offered the opportuinity for growth. It is now time to expand my horizons. In a typical day I would handle numerous calls, on site visits, sign decisions and orders, deliveries, phone issues for the guys in the field, and many budget issues that arise daily.
The hardest part of the job would be dealing with down computer systems.
The best part of my job: I meet people everyday, I have lots of interaction and I learn from those around me.
Pros
pto
Exceptional Leaders
Administrator trainer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 31, 2013
Great Leadership team, and support staff, co-works support team members
Pros
gym
Cons
swimming in theriver might hurt
May employees tolerate Shands
Charge Nurse, RN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 25, 2013
Depending on where you work, it demands differing levels or stress.
Pros
pay
Cons
customers and certain personalities
Clerical Associate (Former Employee) –  jacksonville,flordaOctober 22, 2012
My co-workers were friendly and provided excellent customer service, The hardest part of the job was staying up all night long
Cons
nothing was open at night
one of the ten best Med school in the nation
Orthopedic Coordinator /Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FlOctober 5, 2012
Shands & UF was by far the best hospital I have ever worked Its strong driven insignia towards patient care its a school by itself and an honor to have learn so much in one of the very best Teaching Institutions. If there was a higher score than 10 it would be of course given to Shands.& UF It was a pleasure giving Shands my 30 years of service.
Good opportunity to give back and explore career options
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJune 26, 2012
Typically at Shands, I would volunteer on the pediatric floor for 3 hour shifts. I did not work with anyone besides the nurses that gave me a patient to spend time with. I really enjoyed holding the babies and talking with the kids at Shands. I found the hardest part of the job to be dealing with my lack of opportunities to help.
Pros
convenient location, opportunity to shadow those in the medical field
Cons
very little training so often felt unhelpful
Great teaching Hospital
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 12, 2012
Learned a lot at shands , lot of great instructors there. Problem with a teaching Hospital is you have many doctors to get orders from ..
Pros
great learning enviroments
Cons
too many boses