Shane's Rib Shack Employee Reviews

Understaffed, unsanitary
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 1, 2017
I would never work here again. I was a dishwasher and the amount of dishes wasted was unbelievable. If you do wish to work here, I recommend working at the front of the house, so you don't have to deal with the kitchen madness.
I really enjoyed working at Shane's
Cook and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Lake Oconee, GAAugust 21, 2017
Shane's is a great place to work at. The people love the staff and the food. The environment is very laid back and friendly. I actually learned how to cook/prep food better at Shane's.
Pros
Free food, long breaks, great environment and tips.
It's okay
COOK (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAAugust 20, 2017
I would recommend this as a first job to get experience. I learned a lot from this job that provided me for other careers. I only left because the management was very poor and I felt as if I was constantly babysitting.
Pros
Free lunches if you work 5 hours
Cons
short breaks, poor management
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALAugust 13, 2017
Fun work atmosphere. NO room for advancement or growth. Great staff and good quality food. Definitely a great place for part time employment and seasonal work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No room for advancement
Great Workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 28, 2017
I enjoy working there. Great workplace, very professional. I learned how to train others and also management. I really love to become a manager at work.The hardest part about my job were when others become more frustrating, you have to remind them, to always have a smile, and get over the negativity. I enjoyed my customers and co workers.
Fast-paced
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Newport, SCJuly 24, 2017
Working here was always a fun day, although it's kind of a fast food place you're held to a serving standard. Which I found very interesting. All the customers were always nice. The only thing I didn't like was the tip sharing.
for young adults
Cook (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJune 27, 2017
basic teen job , easy and routine . corporate employees are rude . hard to find opportunities outside of kitchen . lazy workers and decent management .
Server- Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Locust Grove, GAJune 5, 2017
Enjoyed my time there. I like customer service and interacting with people. Good people to work with. My bosses were professional and good team builders.
Pros
Great bosses
Cons
Not enough hours
Bad Management
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMay 22, 2017
Cool place to work ,but managers have no idea what they are doing. You can be doing your job and they will say something wrong but you go back and check there was nothing wrong,or you can tell them how to do something the right way. Managers are suppose to train new employees,but Crew members train them.
Pros
Laid back workplace
Cons
Managers have no management kills
Lack of follow through
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCMay 21, 2017
Operationally easy to understand. Advancement promised not followed through on, Work to life is something to be desired. Management is developing backwards. Capable managers training incapable managers to be their direct higher up, ie assistants training general managers etc. Demand not worth the compensation. The team managers get to create is the best part. Watching a team develop and excel is a great feeling. Being undercut for stylistic approaches while following company guideline to gain the same results is heavily frowned up. Needs to rethink management appreciation.

Want to know more about Shane's Rib Shack?

Ask a question
Shanes
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAApril 25, 2017
Shane's rib shack is a great place to work. Great co-workers, great management and great place to work in. It's a great workplace for those seeking higher income in casual fast food restaurant.
Pros
Shane's rib shack is a great place to work.
Cons
Shane's rib shack is a great place to work.
No longer in business in Franklin
Restaurant/Catering Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNApril 11, 2017
I worked along side with the GM and owner on a daily basis. This was a great company for me to get managerial experience. This company is no longer in business in the Franklin, TN area.
It was a decent place to work
Cashier/Server (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 11, 2017
It was a quick paced, easy place to work. Cooks were friendly, coworkers were nice, and there was generally no problems while working there. Job requirements were not very demanding.
Pros
One free meal a day
Cons
Scheduling could be tough at times
Productive and fun
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 27, 2017
It was an amazing place to work, Friendly people, great management, only downfall is they wouldn't work with people going to school. I loved meeting new people, and when we were slow, we all just talked and got to know each other and listen to music. It really was a great place.
good work environment
Line Cook/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Monroe, GAMarch 23, 2017
Good work environment, great coworkers. They are very open to giving their employees flexible hours. Worked there for a year and created life long friends while working there.
good environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAMarch 23, 2017
Great first time job , or for college students . This job allows you to build great people skills , hands on skills . All in all great work place. Recommend this job to any first timers.
Pros
free lunch on duty
Cons
short breaks
Productive Workplace
Dish washer/ Waitress (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAFebruary 27, 2017
A typical day at Shane's Rib Shack was very exciting and always full of happy smiling customers. It was my actual first job and the hardest part of the job was being able to talk to others, I was so young and still very shy. This job actually helped me come out of my comfort zone and interact with others on a regular basis. The most enjoyable part of this job was when there were rush hours and everything still flowed in place everyone knew their job and they played their roles well.
Pros
The staff was family oriented
Cons
A lot of workers
Good food, and good customers
Server, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GA 31093January 27, 2017
Very relaxed environment, yet the work wasn't exactly easy. Overall, I enjoyed working there. The schedule fluctuated a lot, so I could never depend on how many hours I would have each week. Although, it is great for someone looking for a part time job.
Pros
Customer relations
Cons
Short hours
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 18, 2017
I improved on my customer service skills. Makes you gain a lot of confidence. I learned that being polite no matter the circumstance will get you very far in life.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No benefits
Good food, good people, good job
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed my time as an employee at Shane's Rib Shack. The management was good and the staff for the most part was easy to work with. Not a bad job overall.