Shane Company Employee Reviews in United States

Good Benefits Bad HR
Job Bag Team (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJanuary 23, 2016
This was a good company with great benefits until they went bankrupt and let a lot of people, including me, go. They Offered a competitive pay with benefits but no real job advancement opportunities or schooling to advance within the company.
Pros
Flexibility with work hours
Cons
Advancement opportunities
Great company, horrible management.
Diamond consultant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CONovember 23, 2015
This company/store could be absolutely great. The merchandise was exquisite, best customer service as a consumer, all the services and benefits were amazing. For retail the hours were great. The one turnoff was management. These managers are on an all time power kick. They would talk down to you in every possible way, pretty much made you feel inferior. I always thought that it was just me but pretty much everyone felt the same, which was a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Hours, merchandise, this company feeds you a lot, hour lunch, high hours
Cons
No commission, bonuses were no existent, power hungry management, Saturday morning meetings, manager meetings are hours long
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAFebruary 3, 2016
Sales associates are thoroughly trained and have ample opportunities to grow with the company. Great customer base, as you are helping customers with their most precious gifts.
Pros
Great work environment
Good place to work.
Business Analyst/Developer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 1, 2015
Shane Co. values its people. They practice what they preach--they have great training, focus on furthering company culture, and reward their people for doing a job well done. They also make it easy to take care of customers and run a business with integrity. Anyone who has ever worked a traditional retail job will see Shane Co. as almost too good to be true.
Pros
Great place to work in, and dressing up.
Cons
There are no cons that I can think of.
Pleasant work environment with great hiring practices
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 28, 2015
I loved my time at Shane Co. The only reason that I am no longer working for them is my cross-country move. Almost all of management was great, very supportive and encouraging, and the entire team had fun together. They also have fantastic customer service and diamond/jewelry training.
Garbage
Diamond Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
I feel duped for having left my job at my pervious employer upon being recruited by Shane Company management. The whole experience was a total disaster for everyone involved. Everyone (clerical and sales staff) were new hires, with three managers from other regions meeting together in San Diego to open their first Southern California location. Within the first two weeks of being open, 2 of the 8 office staff were laid off, and within only 6 weeks of being open, 2/3 of the sales staff (myself included) were laid off. The store ultimately closed within 6 months of opening in Mission Valley. Only the three managers, three office staff, and six sales associates still employed at the time the store closed were offered positions at different locations.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Dishonest and Truculent
Amazing
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 20, 2015
I truly enjoyed working with this company and would still be there today had I not gotten sick. The management team is exceptional and easy to communicate with! The environment is drama free! I love the quality of the merchandise so it is easy to be excited about it! My co-workers became great friends and the company really treats all the employees well!
Pros
The occasional free lunch, and bonuses
Cons
Working weekends
m
associate (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSNovember 1, 2015
A typical day at work and management and hardest part of the job is the most enjoyable part of the job. What else can one say.
Do not Recommend
Diamond Consultant (Former Employee) –  indianapolisJune 28, 2015
This company was no good for me. The management are all on power trip and will talk to you like you are worthless. I would not work for this company ever again even if they raised my pay tremendously.
Pros
Decent retail hours:"meeting new people
Cons
micro management.. verbal abuse..
Great Sales Environment, Company Culture is also fulfilling
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 24, 2015
Very team-oriented sales environment. Peers will help coach, role play, and provide feedback on your sales progress and training. Product is superior to other jewelers so sale is honest and you can sell with a sense of integrity and conviction versus feeling like you are misleading the customer on the quality or promises that the company makes.

Most difficult part to adapt to is constant coaching and direction given by peers and managers while you are in the sale. You get used to it though and it truly is there to ensure that the sale closes and the customer is having a fantastic experience.
Pros
Free breakfast on Saturdays for meetings, 1 hour lunch, store closes early on the weekends
Great for being retail
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJuly 24, 2015
Other than retail hours, this job is great! The people are awesome and the culture is phenomenal. The only reason I left is because they weren't able to find an internship for me during my MBA program.
Learn P2P sales in a complicated industry of diamonds and romance.
Manager in Training (Current Employee) –  Cupertino, CAMarch 24, 2015
The changing retail hours give flexibility and line you up for busy weekends. Sales associates are trained in product knowledge and selling skills,which are taught by management and video conference. Management guides you through sales and helps coach. The team includes a diverse group of all ages and cultures. The hardest part is the learning curve of material and overcoming hidden customer objections. The most enjoyable part of the job is the ability to work with good people and to be involved in a once in a life time purchase.
Pros
Sales training and a fun work environment.
Cons
Have to be able to be on your feet most of the day and deal with retail hours.
Fun work environment with intense training.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Midvale, UTAugust 25, 2015
Every shift will begin around 9:30 in the morning or 12:00 in the afternoon. You work 8 hour shifts everyday with an hour lunch on weekdays and 30 minute lunch on Saturdays. Expect to work every Saturday only taking them off with vacation time. In the beginning of your training you will learn about the product which includes diamonds, sapphires, pearls and multiple precious metals. For about a month and a half you will be studying these along with sales tactics. The training is very intense but is needed for you to be ready to help customers. The management is a joy to work with and is ready to help you any way they can. My co-workers do their job well and are probably the best thing about this job. The hardest part will be taking constant feedback about sales and what you can improve on. They will oftentimes listen to your sales along with your associates to help you improve but borders the line of micro-managing. I've learned a lot about sales and of course the product which I very much enjoyed and loved teaching people about them.
Pros
Non- commission with great pay.
Cons
Work every Saturday and hard to get vacations.
Professional and friendly environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 15, 2015
A typical day involves answering phones, using a register, preparing shipments, counting money, evaluating precious stones and metal.
Pros
Great group of people to work with
The hours are hard
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Westminster, COJune 2, 2015
The job can be very fun at times and the team is amazing. Don't take this job if you have kids. Your schedule changes weekly, and you never get weekends off... NEVER!!!!
Pros
the team, being a part of a special event in peoples life
Cons
the hours
One of the best jewelry chains in the industry
Assistant Manager / Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  Morrow, GAApril 23, 2015
a leader in the customer service and jewelry industry that is a customer choice and an industry envy. The training is incredible and the rewards are unlimited.
Pros
you can own your own career
Cons
Long hours and lots of standing
Career advancement, great benefits, amazing pay
HR Generalist/HR Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COJanuary 23, 2015
I loved working for Shane Co. The people, culture, pay, etc. were all fantastic. They challenge the status quo and never settle for being average. I would recommend this company to anyone who is considering making a career move. If it wasn't for a relocation I would still be working there and enjoying every moment.
A great place to work
Diamond Consultant & Corporate Marketing Blogger (Current Employee) –  Woodbury, MNMay 13, 2015
Everyone is friendly and the company holds itself to high standards! Working here is quite a bit of fun! They treat their employees as well as their customers with respect!
Salesperson (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 3, 2014
You get to sleep in since you don't have to be at work early in the morning and then you get to help people find the rings or other jewelry that will be very special to them. You work in a store where customers only come in if they want to do something special.
Pros
great hours and management is great. trainins is great.
Cons
i do wish that management would move faster to get rid of the employees that don't work hard, i guess that they are just trying to give them a chance, which i don't really blame them for.
Learned a lot, and fun environment but not for everyone.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WADecember 15, 2014
Learned a lot about selling and what I was capable of and great education on Jewelry. Not for everyone. Loved my co-workers including the jewelers! Just not a lot of room for advancement, unless you are willing to transfer out of state.
Pros
good overall education!
Cons
not a lot of room for advancement.