Pros: rewards of lunches, coffee
Cons: not enough staff for office or sales floor
• A typical day started busy before the door opened dealing with answering phone calls , counting cash opening phone lines
• Stocking jewelry boxes and ordering office supplies making copies.
• Receiving mail from UPS and sending out going mail from UPS.
• Posting shop jobs with descriptions and drawings of jewelry for jewelers then receiving and entering shop jobs from jewelers.
• While doing these jobs ringing up purchases form the sales floor.
• Measuring and weighing in diamonds from other stores for inventory.
• Tagging new jewelry and re-tagging old tags of jewelry, re-tagging new prices of jewelry.
• Pre-inventory for weekly count of diamonds then monthly count of entire store.
• Gift wrapping for customers, surveys from customers.
• Lay-a-way calling for friendly reminder 30, 60, 90 day also reminders. Calling for hold items.
• Keeping register area and desk area and draws in constant readiness.
• Keep track of jewelry promotions and sales floor games.
• Ask every customer to please post what they thought of our service onto Yelp
• Monthly report of Lay-A-Way
• Stocking water for customers
• Stocking coffer and keeping clean area for customers
• Rewriting jewelry appraisals, typing new jewelry appraisals, looking up old jewelry appraisals in the old system.
• Taking care of delicate saturation's, engagements break ups etc…
• Closing down the store taking in cash, credit cards, checks closing all computers and phone lines safes.
I learned to work as a team and fast while multitasking.
My office manger was kind and supportive, professional . The store manger was the – more... opposite.
We had a great team in the office we worked and played well together.
The toughest part of our jobs was not enough help for all that we needed to get accomplished but we did it at each end of the work day.
Working with a great people working as a team helping each other out. When we would get so much work accomplished we as a team would get rewarded with coffee or lunch form our office manger. – less