Shape Corp Employee Reviews

low pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 23, 2017
For the amount of lifting and dirtiness in the factory we got paid way less than what was deserved. I was injured on the job and off for a week. They brought me back one day early so they wouldn't have to pay workers comp
Fast pace.
Aluminum Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 15, 2017
Does not back their good employees. Management and Team Leaders would team up on you and then your gone. Management does not go by their core values at all. Quality of parts is very poor.
Pros
Gift certifictates for food if you made over pitch.
Cons
Sho.rt breaks and very cut-throat. Very dishonest.
Poor upper management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 4, 2017
The culture at this company has drastically changed over the past 15 years. Today's main focus is cutting costs and over working key associates.
Upper management is mainly concerned with their own metrics, since a large portion of their wages are based on their performance. They have a "whatever it takes" attitude about forcing overtime on skilled trades. And a hands off approach by middle management, to try to succeed. They feel that throwing bodies at problems will correct anything. When in reality it's poor planning by upper management. Their current leadership changes direction as quick as the wind direction changes. I see no solutions for this company until upper management can change. They need to quit coming up with "catch phrases" and knuckle down to get some real work done. Their current atmosphere is paralysis by over analysis .... everyone afraid of making real decisions to drive success. Let's just have another meeting and see if the problem will go away on its own.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
Poor corporate leadership, nepotism, inept middle management
Job pace depends on job title
Rollform Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 26, 2017
A typical day at Shape was to monitor the operation of and supervision of fellow workers on a particular rollform mill. Learned a great deal about mechanical operation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too far from my new address
Welding
Machine Operator/ Welder/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 18, 2017
Learned how to weld and work machinery. Use gauges and packaging and labeling. The work place is dirty, because of the oil and mostly greasy parts. Hardest part is keeping with rate on a hot day.
Good company overall
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 14, 2017
Good company with a bad HR VP. Some managers are good some are not. I really enjoyed being an engineer for them, unfortunately pay is low and it is a bit unstable.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Low pay, some managers are not good
Office (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 12, 2017
Was employed with ecellent benefits which Inc
Healthcare, profit sharing, 401k, company picnic, good overall organization of procedures, safety training, and training of employees with specific tasks. Some mgmt. needs to change due to lack of personnel training, there is ability for growth, is good company overall.
Pros
Training, benefits, free lumches, good environment
Cons
Mgmt. People skill training lack of
Fun and positive place to work.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 10, 2017
A typical day at work would be fast-paced and full of energy. management would be headstrong and always willing to help out. The culture of the company is a family oriented company.
Pros
Fitness factory on campus.
Cons
Health care cost.
Great Stepping Stone Employer
Welding Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 3, 2017
Great opportunity to learn the lean manufacturing process, but more of a stepping stone company than a permanent place of employment.

Many classes and programs you can take advantage of to advance yourself including tuition reimbursement, granted you met their requirements.
Pros
Great Off-Shift Incentives
Cons
Not a lot of advancement oppoutunities within the company
Machine Operator Roll Form (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 21, 2017
The pay is pretty good, not the best in the manufacturing field but they compensate with great benefits. There is a lot of micromanaging over the petty simply tasks that SHOULD be easy to solve.
Pros
Great health benefits
Excellent Employer
Journeyman Electrician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 10, 2017
Shape is a great company with great benefits. There is opportunity to advance in many areas. Highly recommended with competitive wages. Shape is definitely geared towards the well being of it's employees.
Pros
profit sharing
Just okay
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMarch 5, 2017
Company's business is very uncertain and it seems as though the upper management doesn't release information on what's really going on.
Pros
okay profit sharing
Cons
7 minute break (one) 17 minute lunch
April 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience is not matching your expectations. We believe strongly in the future of Shape and have multiple strategies in place to grow and improve communication with all of our team members to share that vision. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve and problem solve.

Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIFebruary 16, 2017
A lot of advancement opportunities. Can be a fun place to work if you're with the right people. It's a global company with a family feel to it. Competitive wages.
poor place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIFebruary 15, 2017
The pay is ok but not the best. They pay you just enough to get you in the door but that's it. In order to move up you have to be buddy buddy with someone. The boneses could be better but it's shady how it works. The management finds ways to make there boneses top notch. And reviews are not based on performance but the test they make you take and other junk.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape did not match our intention of a family-oriented work culture. Although many of our team members love our bonus program, we understand not everyone feels the same. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve and problem solve.

Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 27, 2017
Love working here lots of o.t. love working here because tgey provide there own training making you a successful. Person
Pros
Lots of o.t
Cons
Moving around alot
Productibve and fun place with a type of foosball table in the break room.
Press Operator, Die Setter (Former Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIJanuary 13, 2017
Typical work day involved daily stretches, review of daily updates, receiving job assignments for the day, running machinery consistently while doing required part checks.

I learned to operate and troubleshoot stamping presses, and set up of jobs in the presses.

Co-workers were all easy to get along with and willing to help when asked.

Hardest part of the job was the amount of overtime taking away from family life.

I enjoyed the closeness of the workers in each department.
Pros
Profit sharing and competative wages
Cons
Short breaks, lack of home life with family
its ok
Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 12, 2017
ok environment, management is ok to work alongside. office personnel never come out unless something goes wrong. alot of people dislike how the company is ran, alot of people are ready to quit.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape is not matching our intention of a family-oriented work culture. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve and problem solve.

gross
Roll Form Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 9, 2017
sucked. dont ever work here. hours sucked and training was a joke. people won't help you and you have to do everything on your own.
March 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape did not match our intention of a family oriented work culture. The moment our associates walk in the door, training and development begins. Beginning with our orientation program, opportunities continue to open through development programs. The results of these programs are demonstrated by the longevity of our associates. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve.

lots of over time
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 7, 2017
always have work. lots of over time.
hard working co workers
break room with lots of snacks.
usual day for me would be welding most of the day
inspecting or loading a machine
March 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the tine to leave a review. Although many of our team members love having the opportunity of overtime, we understand not everyone feels the same. We are glad to hear you enjoyed you teammates and the snacks in the break room. A typical day for someone in a manufacturing technician role would include the above tasks. We are sorry to hear your experience did not matching your expectations. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve.

Hypercritical Modern Fraternity
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Athens, ALDecember 16, 2016
If you don't fit in the mold of people they have working they don't want you. They currently have no earthly clue on how to properly solve processing issues. The "enigineers" are severely handicapped in their IMM experience. I would use this job only as a short stepping stone because the future of the Athens, AL plant is uncertain as long as they continue to listen to misinformed individuals. Do not trust anyone at the facility they will all turn their back and run their mouth about you.
Pros
Holidays/Benefits
Cons
Nicotine free/No notice of good workmanship/Mass confusion
March 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape did not match our intention of a family oriented work culture. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve and problem solve.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shape Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9