Shape Corp

Shape Corp Employer Reviews

work every sunday
maintenance (Former Employee), grand havenOctober 2, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: good benefits
Support staff ( weld tech, electrician, mechanics) have to work every Saturday and Sunday. Noise in some plants is unbelievably loud. Hi lo are dangerous, almost been hit many times. Buildings very hot, then this is compounded by ovens in middle of everything.
I Loved it
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MISeptember 22, 2014
from the customers to the staff, i enjoyed my tenure with Younkers and Bon Ton. i was treated fairly and with great respect. i would return to the company with no second guessing.
Great Family Culture
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MISeptember 8, 2014
Great family owned, family oriented company. Each day we strive to manufacture products that solve our customers’ challenges, meet global regulations and create a workplace where everyone makes a difference.
Great place to work with advancement and fun loving people.
CLIENT SERVICE/QUALITY CONTROL TECH (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: advancement with the company. working with great people.
Cons: the only con i can think of is our lunch break. it was only twenty minutes.
I loved working at Shape Corp. In the twenty years I worked there I was able to advance to a higher position every two years. My typical day was usually pleasant. Management would always listen to any concerns you had and find a way to resolve them. My co-workers were great. In fact I have made life long friends with a few of them. I can't think of – more... anything to say about what was the hardest thing about my job. I really enjoyed working there. The most enjoyable thing about my job was just knowing I was going back the next day. It truly is a great place to work. – less
Shape Corp is a fantastic company to work for.
Oven Technician (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: amazing healthcare, free gym, overtime almost always available, great management, friendly environment
Cons: 20 minute lunches, not as climate controlled as i'd like - gets hot in the summer
Advancement in this company, if you want it, is easy. The jobs aren't that hard and as far as factories go, this is honestly one of the best. The team I work with is easy to get along with and everyone shares work equally. The company wishes for all of their employees to have the best health and will give you every necessity to achieve that.
productive place where you make good money
Material Handler (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIJuly 7, 2014
easy job as a forklift operator. supervisors can be a little iffy. I had some good and bad co-workers
NO good
Machinist and die repair (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIJune 1, 2014
Terrible place to work. Low moral, management has no respect for employees. They treat temps like dirt. Hot sweat shop environment. A guy in the tool cusses at the ceiling every day because he hates his job, life etc. No perks privileges.
Good money and benefits
Welder (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: good money and benefits
Cons: i was doing the same job everyday for months and it gets boring.
A typical day at work there for me would be either loading or welding car parts.
good job
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: steady hours, decent benefits
Cons: hard to advance
this is the kind of job that you go in do your job then leave. good benefits but a little bit of a challenge to stay up beat
good pay with good benefits.
Certified Rollform Specialist (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MINovember 30, 2013
Pros: company has good benefits
Cons: if you do not have a degree it does not matter how much experience you have. the degree knows all.
come in early to follow up on the shift ending. report to each mill line and explain issues to the operators. helped in any area of the shop on all lines. worked with everyone to help train on the job. spent most of my day developing and putting out fires learned most aspects of the roll form industry. the function of roll tooling. development of hole – more... patterns on different types and thickness of materials. The other employees that worked on the roll forming lines were willing to learn. the hardest part of the job was trying to get management to really listen to the floor.The most enjoyable part of the day was working on a specific job that seemed impossible and figuring it out and making it work in production. – less
It was a fun work place to work, great coworkers made you feel welcomed
MIG/TIG Welder (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIOctober 29, 2013
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: not great pay
I usually was excited to go to work because all the workers there where excellent and very friendly to the temps. I learned the computer system and how to print my own tags for finish boxes.
bad
Manufacturing technician (Current Employee), Grand havenSeptember 18, 2013
they use you up and then throw you away. they constantly want more from you but it is never enough. and when you have an issue they blame you for it.
Shape
Quality Technichian II (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MISeptember 15, 2013
Good place to work. Lots of overtime hours. New products coming in all the time.
Nice place to work
Roll form Expert Apprentice (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIAugust 19, 2013
I had many different jobs and title there, but things just didn't work out with the apprenticeship.
Productive work place
Lo driver (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJuly 25, 2013
hi-lo driver,been there for a number of yrs. I have a great work ethic. I have learned that hard work pays off. Typical work day consisty of loading and unloading , loading steel onto machines, empting trash, preparing the next shift for their day.
Roll forming
Roll Form Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJune 19, 2013
Operating, Set up, and Mig and Tig Weld, Changeovers/Coil Change, Roll Form operator. good company to work for.
Sweat Shop
CNC Haas Milling Machine Programmer (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIMay 25, 2013
Pros: the co-workers (non mgt) are great. plenty of perishable tooling.
Cons: the managment in disconnected and indifferent. bathroom facilities.
Programmed and set up a CNC Haas with Mastercam at Shape 1835. Worked through a temp agency. Was the only person who could run the Haas. They ran the add for CNC Haas Machinist and applied twice directly to the company through their online website. Not a single response. They had multiple interviewees show up that couldn't even turn the Haas on, several – more... no shows. Heard through a co-worker that I was considered over paid at $20/hr. Management wants those wages down to $10 to 12.50/hr for a Haas/MasterCam Programmer. Because all that is involved is "pushing buttons" I worked there for 5 months and the tool room supervisor had never even said a word to me. Bathroom facilities are few and a long way to walk. Very hot in the summer months. – less
Nice Place to work
Shipping coordinator (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIMay 13, 2013
Really enjoyed working at Shape Corporation. I had really nice bosses and worked with great people.
Interesting company
Roll Form Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIApril 12, 2013
work began with stretches to get us ready for the repetitive motion of production. A lot of over time to catch of with demand. If you were anything under a supervisor you would get thrown under the bus so that "higher ups" could continue to do whatever they wanted. Not many people cared about the company until it came to them giving bonuses or holiday – more... gifts. Hardest part of the job was teaching my boss how to do his job and mine. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to learn about all the thing the company was doing with vehicles and other products – less
positive side, not a lot of pressure at work.
Toolroom Build Dept. CNC Machinist (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIMarch 7, 2013
Pros: excellent insurance and low copay if you jump through all the hoops.
Cons: poor management and very poor pay
Overall Shape is a good place to work but as in most company's it depends on who your boss is. Some people get away with murder and others do very little wrong and get wrote up over nothing. It does seem that it is not uncommon that they promote the dumbest people that are yes men.
I have huge respect for the owner if he only knew what really went on – more... he would be shocked! – less

About Shape Corp

Shape Corp. aims to improve the quality of life for its customers, associates, stockholders and communities. This purpose is fulfilled – Read more