Shape Corp Employee Reviews

Stepping Stone
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 29, 2016
Stepping stone. Would not make this a career opportunity. Causes a lot of wear and tear to your body. The work environment is easy to work in but over time your body will feel all the work you've put into working at this company.
Clean place
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MINovember 14, 2016
The place was clean and had a great manegment team. We were on tasks and people would always come back. If we did mess up we would make the guest happy the best we could.
productive and best coworkers
Lead Technician putting powder on parts for cars (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 29, 2016
Great place to work in a family like setting. I've learned leadership and how to manage a group to achieve the best results. We always made shipment. we were 100 percent in that department. working with a good bunch of young men that all wanted to be the best.
Fast growing company with strong focus on safety, culture, and innovation.
Production Leader (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 14, 2016
Shape Corp is an excellent company. As with any fast growing company there are growing pains, but that is what pushes the company to maintain a strong culture of discipline and to continually problem solve at all levels of the organization.
Shape has competitive wages, great health benefits, and quarterly bonuses. Management cares about employee safety and development. Because this is a fast growing company in need of associates, overtime is readily available.
I have worked with Shape Corp for many years and have been able to develop my career based on the opportunities for growth that are available. I am pleased with what this company has achieved, where it is going and I am proud to tell people where I work.
Pros
Safety, development, benefits, bonuses.
Cons
Overtime requirements.
typical Manufacturing Job
Spot Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 3, 2016
A typical day at Shape did not feel very productive because of down time. This fast paced job had lots of down time ranging from 30 mins-6 hours. Management pretty laid back and understanding however.
Pros
Benifits, Training, overtime
Cons
overtime, young people
There are better companies out there.
Former employee. (Former Employee) –  MichiganMay 9, 2016
The pay is ok but not the best. They pay you just enough to get you in the door but that's it. In order to move up you have to be buddy buddy with someone. The boneses could be better but it's shady how it works. The management finds ways to make there boneses top notch. And reviews are not based on performance but the test they make you take and other junk.
Pros
You get a paycheck just enough to get buy.
Cons
Too much to say.
Ok for a check
Plastic Tech. (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 8, 2016
Meet the right co-workers you can have a good time. Very safety oriented... sometimes just a tad overboard example saftey hats. Management is very poor at providing equality among staff you can tell favorites. Advancement is hard unless you're buddy buddy with someone that can help you. If you keep your mouth shut hence drama, follow procedures you will be fine. Pay is ok, nice with the overtime but sucks when you dont get much off on weekends or short staffed. Bonuses are pretty decent and it helps!! Health benifits are really good you gotta give a little though for some health classes to get alot which is better than paying out of your own pocket. There was no deductible just few co pays for meds or ER.
Pros
Health Benifits, bonuses
Cons
Management, staff drama
My hairline is receding because of this place
Rollform Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJanuary 6, 2016
I absolutely dreaded going into this place every day. No number of parts that you produce is ever good enough to get off of weekend work (You are there 12 days straight and then two days off) or to get management to actually appreciate anything you do.They claim to be big on safety, yet just about every piece of equipment on my line was/is leaking hydraulic fluids and oils after numerous work orders to fix them. Someone slipped and had to get stitches in his head because of this. You get a 20 minute lunch (gulp it down, hurry up!) and one 10 minute break. It was a guessing game as to whether or not you're getting the holidays off. They would seriously tell you they "don't know" until the day before the holiday. I've left work for the weekend thinking I had it off and then was called and told it was mandatory that I show up on Saturday and Sunday. A lot of people that have been there for a while and have more skilled positions with better pay are quitting right now because of how bad it has gotten over the years. The thing about it is that the work itself is actually not bad, but the management makes it the worst place to work imaginable. I honestly think management inflates the rating on Indeed by submitting false reviews (I definitely wouldn't put it past them, because they are lying snakes). I wouldn't wish being stuck working here on my worst enemy. It is that bad.
Pros
Opportunities to advance, because people are quitting left and right
Cons
Where do I begin?
shape.....
Cut And Etch Tech (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIDecember 30, 2015
working with the company and its employees wasn't all that great. Hr alone isn't great, but i did enjoy the type of work i did especially imaging. It was hard to learn though.
Best job I've ever had
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIDecember 11, 2015
Shape is an excellent company to work for. The upper management cares about their associates and there is a true family atmosphere. The benefits provided are among the best you will find from an employer. I recommend shape corp to anyone looking for a career.
Growing Company
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 8, 2015
Company is exploding right now. The management is having a rough time staying caught up with all the production needs, often working weekends or mandatory 10-12 hour days.
Pros
401k, health care
Cons
short breaks
Good coworkers
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 7, 2015
A decent company to work for, job load is very fair and chance to advance in company is there if your willing to put the effort in. Pay is below average but benefits are great.
Pros
Coworkers are nice
Cons
20 minute lunch
Very Pro employee
Machine operator Plastic (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MINovember 2, 2015
Very safety conscious, and had many employee benefits to offer.
Strict weekend / extra hour work schedule that was rotated.
Pros
Good opportunities to advance
Cons
Training was for a two week period, but not focused.
Great company but could be better.
material handler (Current Employee) –  Spring Lake, MIOctober 27, 2015
The work load they force on some of the employees should be balanced out between all of the workers. The job itself is pretty easy but can be alittle too much at times, and finding help is hard. The benefits Shape give are incredilbe. Some of the best around, They try hard to give the employees credit when its due.
Pros
Benefits, Bonuses, Vacation
Cons
Pay scale, Work load.
Decent job if you can get in
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 22, 2015
Was an ok job with consistent hours (besides the overtime) but management was terrible. Supervisor never new what was going on and was very unhelpful when any problems arose. The Shape staffing lady was also very rude and treated everyone like the were a lesser person. Co-workers were great for the most part. Lots of heavy lifting and constantly on you feet. Mandatory overtime and no time off until you are hired in (90 days).
Cons
Short Breaks, Lots of overtime, no willingness to work with temp requests
Not a bad place to work.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIOctober 12, 2015
Family oriented company with fair pay and benefits. Work consists of automotive and industrial manufacturing. Management qualities could be improved.
co-workers
Journeyman Tool and Die Maker (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 23, 2015
The employees that I work with on all shift are easy to get a long with and has a very open atmosphere. Everyone works well as a team.
Great hours and fun coworkers, but poor management
Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 21, 2015
Shape manufactures automotive parts; particularly bumpers. Worked from 6:10 am - 2:30 pm Monday - Friday. Mostly welded and worked machines.There was often times mandatory overtime due to managements poor use of time as well as neglecting to hire more workers, despite the nonstop orders from customers. I was constatly told that the company saves money by not hiring because it costs more to hire another shift and pay their benefits than it does to work your crew to the bone and pay them overtime pay. Because of this, multiple people quite. Compensation wasn't all that great, but the benefits were decent.
Pros
good hours
Cons
worked hard for minimal pay
i have learned a lot at shape.
PUMA (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MISeptember 19, 2015
shape is a good job, and I have learned many things. I am not happy with the management, and I feel there is no opportunity for advancement. I enjoyed working with my co-workers. There were many challenging tasks, that made me grow and become a good worker, and understanding my roll in working for a large company.
Great work environment
Quality Tech II (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIAugust 31, 2015
Hired as a Manufacturing Tech then transitioned into the role of a Quality Tech. Fun workplace with many opportunities to advance.
Pros
great leadership
Cons
shortage of people leading to OT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shape Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

Shape Corp Reviews by Location