Shape Corp Employee Reviews

The pay is pretty good because you work a lot of hours
Manufacturing Tech / Powder coat (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXAugust 22, 2017
Be prepared to work 6 days a week, There are no advancement through the company, The plant manger think he knows everything and won't let you do your job and wants everything done the way he wants it.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No full weekends off
Not a family oriented place to work
roll form tech. 1 (Current Employee) –  1900 hayes grand havenAugust 8, 2017
They treat their employees like dirt. They do not P.M. their machines so when they break down and they do a lot, they expect you to run thru break. A lot of the times they do not cross train operators on different machines, so if a emergency comes up and you have to leave they make it sound like its your fault that they had to shut down that line. Management from the floor up is a joke. They only focus on the bad and not the good. Lets not forget take your ideas as their own, so you won't get compensated for them. If your not afraid disappointment and being lied to all the time then this place is for you.
Good jobs and good people
Tool and Die Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 26, 2017
Shape corp is a good place to work, it offers a variety of different job positions. The environment is good and the people are usually pretty respectful and fun to work with.
Great place to work for
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 25, 2017
Shape to me was a great place to work because they gave me a shot at welding and I like to weld. They also have good people to work with and they treat you good. They are very interested in your well being and also care for your safety.
Good steady job that pays the bills
Welding Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJuly 21, 2017
A job is what you make of it. If you commit yourself to 40 hours/week(sometiimes more) then you can earn extra money and more vacation time. If you work hard and apply yourself, you will get decent reviews/raises. If you are lazy and late to work here and there, you will be out the door like all the other lazy ppl.
Pros
Quarterly bonuses, extra vacation time. Steady job, fairly easy work.
Cons
Supervisors pretty much give everyone same average review.
good work good associates
Manufacturing Tech (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 27, 2017
over all it was a good place to work if you like being in the same position over time. Advancement opportunities are few and far between though. Most of the management is nice others are only in it for themselves
Pros
good group of people to work with
Cons
no real advancement oppertunity
They have alot if lack of work
Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 14, 2017
Very disorganization, sending whole lines home daily due to running out of parts. Hard to get 40 hours in. No communication between workers and supervisors
Production and quality
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 13, 2017
Shapes has the best quality and production company policies are great a lot of hard working employees and pay well enough for working also a career type company's
Pros
Hiring benefits
Cons
No cons
Great strong company, yet lack of trust
Rollform operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 9, 2017
I worked for shape twice, once as a rollform operator in which I had a lot of success. Was encouraged by my supervisor to get into leadership and reluctantpy agreed. After a job freeze, and waiting to hear back on 3 supvisor and back up supervisor jobs I was well qualified for, I heard nothing for 6 months. I still loved what I did as a rollform operator so I stayed. But while shape put me on the back burner I was offered a production manager role at another company. It was too good of an offer to pass up at my going age. The company I went to work for ran into financial trouble and laid us off. I returned to shape and chose to work in the stampings plant which was a huge mistake. At stampings I was approached about leadership and told them I was on board. I enrolled in leader boot camp and in 6 months never received a review, a raise, or any further help on the leadership track I was sought out to discuss. At this point I approached upper management and pleaded to be sent back to rollfofming and was never given and answer. For family reasons I had to move on. Would love to work here again in the future but would like the oppunrtinity to be consider end for the positions and experiences my managers pushed me into pursuing in the first place. Shape is an amazing company who has invested a lot that it didnt have to into keeping grand haven alive.
Pros
Family atmoaphere, motto of you leaving work better than you were when came in
Cons
Not giving reviews, keeping employees stuck
Manufacture Tech
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIJune 7, 2017
I would 100% check material to ensure no flaws where shipped out. Working closely with management and quality control to get desired quality of product. Each shift I would submit documentation regarding product
Pros
great co workers
Cons
filthy hot dirty factory
Save your time and apply at McDonalds instead
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 31, 2017
Overtime is mandatory when they need you but they will quickly let you go once they no longer need you. You would have more stability working at McDonalds
Pros
overtime
Cons
managerment
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience did not matching your expectations. Although many of our team members love overtime, we understand not everyone feels the same. We believe strongly in the future of Shape and have multiple strategies in place to grow and improve communication with all of our team members to share that vision. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve and problem solve.

Extremely Productive
Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 30, 2017
Management not too understanding, Extremely Active workplace sometimes Fun Different environment Heavy Lifting Messy Need more safety Guidelines Great Pay
Pros
Free food during holiday seasons!!!
Cons
Short Lunch Break
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are incredibly focused on the safety of our team member and make that our first priority. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape did not match our family-oriented work culture. We appreciate your thoughtful input.

Great Place to Work
Machine Operator & Re-Welder (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 25, 2017
They treat their employees great. A typical day at work includes loading parts into a robotic welder and re-welding them by hand. It is hard work but they pay good which is awesome.
June 2, 2017

We're glad you enjoy working at Shape, and we appreciate your feedback. Thank you for being a part of the Shape Family!

low pay
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 23, 2017
For the amount of lifting and dirtiness in the factory we got paid way less than what was deserved. I was injured on the job and off for a week. They brought me back one day early so they wouldn't have to pay workers comp
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are looking to continually enhance our team members working environment. We are sorry to hear your experience is not matching your expectations. We appreciate your feedback.

Fast pace.
Aluminum Mig Welder (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 15, 2017
Does not back their good employees. Management and Team Leaders would team up on you and then your gone. Management does not go by their core values at all. Quality of parts is very poor.
Pros
Gift certifictates for food if you made over pitch.
Cons
Sho.rt breaks and very cut-throat. Very dishonest.
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We value and consider all feedback and will continue to find ways to improve.

Poor upper management
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIMay 4, 2017
The culture at this company has drastically changed over the past 15 years. Today's main focus is cutting costs and over working key associates.
Upper management is mainly concerned with their own metrics, since a large portion of their wages are based on their performance. They have a "whatever it takes" attitude about forcing overtime on skilled trades. And a hands off approach by middle management, to try to succeed. They feel that throwing bodies at problems will correct anything. When in reality it's poor planning by upper management. Their current leadership changes direction as quick as the wind direction changes. I see no solutions for this company until upper management can change. They need to quit coming up with "catch phrases" and knuckle down to get some real work done. Their current atmosphere is paralysis by over analysis .... everyone afraid of making real decisions to drive success. Let's just have another meeting and see if the problem will go away on its own.
Pros
Good health care
Cons
Poor corporate leadership, nepotism, inept middle management
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We believe strongly in the future of Shape and have multiple strategies in place to grow and improve communication with all of our team members to share that vision. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We appreciate your thoughtful input.

Production
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 29, 2017
A typical day at Shape 6:10-2:30 a 10 min break and a 20 min lunch.
First manufacturing job some days are definitely strenuous with heavy lifting which can leave you very sore and tired at the end of the shift. I enjoy most the people I work with. Culture is definitely goal oriented and gives opportunities to further your education with a tuition program.
Pros
Great Healthcare and Tuition program for college.
Cons
No smoking, weight management classes and short breaks.
June 2, 2017

We’re happy to hear you enjoyed the people you worked with. It’s these type of relationships that are the foundation of the Shape Family culture. Thank you for your feedback.

Job pace depends on job title
Rollform Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 26, 2017
A typical day at Shape was to monitor the operation of and supervision of fellow workers on a particular rollform mill. Learned a great deal about mechanical operation.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too far from my new address
June 2, 2017

We're happy to hear you are learning a lot at Shape. Thanks for being a part of the Shape Family.

Welding
Machine Operator/ Welder/Assembly Line (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 18, 2017
Learned how to weld and work machinery. Use gauges and packaging and labeling. The work place is dirty, because of the oil and mostly greasy parts. Hardest part is keeping with rate on a hot day.
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear you feel you are learning the ins and outs of the trade. We are sorry to hear your experience is not matching your expectations. Thank you for comments and time at Shape

Good company overall
Product Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Grand Haven, MIApril 14, 2017
Good company with a bad HR VP. Some managers are good some are not. I really enjoyed being an engineer for them, unfortunately pay is low and it is a bit unstable.
Pros
Good Culture
Cons
Low pay, some managers are not good
June 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are sorry to hear your experience with Shape did not match our family-oriented work culture. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our team members. We will continue to find ways to improve and appreciate your feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shape Corp. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9