Shape Corp

Shape Corp United States Employee Reviews

Used to be ok to work not anymore
Weld Technician II (Former Employee), grand haven both 172 and 1900 plantsApril 16, 2015
When I first started management and coworkers stood behind what they said and expectations were, well, demanding but somewhat achievable. Then a lot of people found better jobs (not hard to do) and then management underwent a lot of change. Since management changed you had to constantly watch your back, supervisors would blatantly lie to your face, and then when it came time for upper management to take the scene it seemed like they had no balls. TONS of lateral management, and the blame game is played very well so improvements aren't made and nothing ends up getting done. They spend lots of money but don't use what they pay for because the engineers are low quality.
Working at Shape Stampings
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee), Nunica, MIApril 13, 2015
Pros: Overtime
Cons: Mandatory Overtime
A typical day at this job begins with a quick meeting and streches. During you are assigned a job for your shift. I could be either robot welding, running CNC machines, sorting for quality defects, working with or around stamping presses, or packing parts into containers.
While working there Iv'e learned how to MIG weld, how to run robot welders, and basically work on or maintence machines. I've also learned, more importantly, processes in the production work place, teamwork, importnace of quality parts and work.
Management here is strict while still being fair and understanding. They also are very good at fitting personal needs.
Co-workers here are all working for the same thing and working to move ahead, this I liked.
The hardest part about this job was the mandatory overtime. I very more enjoy being able to do overtime. But it left little time for life working every weekend and weeks.
The most enjoyable part of the job is friendly co-workers, overtime, being able to communicate ideas, learning new things, and being able to do something different everyday.
Clean workplace.
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIApril 12, 2015
Pros: lots of overtime.
Cons: low pay.
Days are busy troubleshooting problems,
Everyday you learn something new, be it about the machine, or the logic/plc programs, or something about the staffing and work we do. the hardest part of this job, the afternoon hours and seven days a week for weeks on end, time off is a premium. I love the overtime, i just think my experience is not being fully utilized, and the working everyday does require a lot from most anyone.
Decent Job, not well paying
Production Supervisor (Current Employee), Garland, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Co-workers, health benifits
Cons: Low paying, poor management
As a production supervisor I handle the day to day operations on the production floor during 3rd Shift. Basically manage the training of new operators and development of all employees. Management can be difficult to work with at times and unwilling to give good raises or competitive wages in general. For the most part co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job is dealing with our employee turnover rate which is very high due to the low pay scale of most of the positions throughout the plant with the exception of management. It is rewarding to work with people on a day to day basis.
Best Ownership Ever
DIRECTOR OF MARKETING (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIMarch 8, 2015
Best company owners I've ever known. They are genuinely committed to the community, and by their example, they have built a great culture.
great place to work , very family togetherness
Tool Room (Former Employee), 1835 plantFebruary 24, 2015
exiting day at Shape was about every day, it was my home away from home it hurt real bad to quit at Shape it was like loosing a large part of my life. The management & owners of Shape Corp. really care about their employees and their families. I was their just over twenty years.As well i cared about Shape and still due.
sweat shop
employee (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: decent machinery
Cons: poor management of time and resources leading to excessive overtime
1835 tool room supervisor runs good employees off. He plays favorites and disciplines employees for what he is most guilty of. Wasting company time. His sarcastic personality is abusive and uncalled for. Too bad supervisors like this are allowed to maintain their position when numerous employees have made human resources aware of the constant harrasment they receive.
a really good place to work
Mfg Technichian (Current Employee), 172nd the South end. Weld Mig 9503January 19, 2015
Pros: the people, the ot
Cons: could be paid more.
Shape is a wonderful company to work for. I work at 172nd plant and everyone from the temps all the way up to HRand everyone in between cares and works hard for shape. It's a great plant to be at. I hear 1900 and 1820 are pretty bad people aren't on the same page and supervisors don't care.
Bottom line great company and 172nd is a Great plant!!!
Manufacturing tech
Manufacturing technical (Former Employee), 1900 Hayes street Grand HavenJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: benefits and decent pay
Cons: no breaks
Okay I was never late but when you get hurt they fire you. You have to stay healthy and driving from muskegon to grand haven was to much on gas mileage
Stable work environment with good benefits
Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIJanuary 14, 2015
My day starts at 6:10am where I join my team welding bumpers for one of the worlds largest automotive manufacturers. We are one of the worlds leading manufacturers in automotive bumpers and support systems. I work with a good team and we are led by great supervision and management. It's a good place to work.
Caring Family owned company
Production Leader, Full Time (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIJanuary 11, 2015
This company historically fulfills bonuses and has great 401k opportunities. Pay is competitive.

The facilities could be cleaner. They should higher more people solely responsible for that duty.
cold smells like grease
machine operator (Former Employee), grand heaven miDecember 18, 2014
Pros: hahaha
Cons: no breaks
you to work there but dont like it a bit and dont miss any days because they fired your bbbuuu hahahaha
Growing company
Material Handler (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIDecember 15, 2014
Shape is massively expanding with new jobs and customers. This provides an ever changing environment that is always testing and developing my skills. I enjoy the constant level of activity that allows me to stay busy and allows me the ability to learn and develop new skills consistently.
work every sunday
maintenance (Former Employee), grand havenOctober 2, 2014
Pros: its a job
Cons: good benefits
Support staff ( weld tech, electrician, mechanics) have to work every Saturday and Sunday. Noise in some plants is unbelievably loud. Hi lo are dangerous, almost been hit many times. Buildings very hot, then this is compounded by ovens in middle of everything.
I Loved it
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MISeptember 22, 2014
from the customers to the staff, i enjoyed my tenure with Younkers and Bon Ton. i was treated fairly and with great respect. i would return to the company with no second guessing.
Great Family Culture
Plant Manager (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MISeptember 8, 2014
Great family owned, family oriented company. Each day we strive to manufacture products that solve our customers’ challenges, meet global regulations and create a workplace where everyone makes a difference.
Great place to work with advancement and fun loving people.
CLIENT SERVICE/QUALITY CONTROL TECH (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIAugust 19, 2014
Pros: advancement with the company. working with great people.
Cons: the only con i can think of is our lunch break. it was only twenty minutes.
I loved working at Shape Corp. In the twenty years I worked there I was able to advance to a higher position every two years. My typical day was usually pleasant. Management would always listen to any concerns you had and find a way to resolve them. My co-workers were great. In fact I have made life long friends with a few of them. I can't think of anything to say about what was the hardest thing about my job. I really enjoyed working there. The most enjoyable thing about my job was just knowing I was going back the next day. It truly is a great place to work.
Shape Corp is a fantastic company to work for.
Oven Technician (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIAugust 10, 2014
Pros: amazing healthcare, free gym, overtime almost always available, great management, friendly environment
Cons: 20 minute lunches, not as climate controlled as i'd like - gets hot in the summer
Advancement in this company, if you want it, is easy. The jobs aren't that hard and as far as factories go, this is honestly one of the best. The team I work with is easy to get along with and everyone shares work equally. The company wishes for all of their employees to have the best health and will give you every necessity to achieve that.
NO good
Machinist and die repair (Current Employee), Grand Haven, MIJune 1, 2014
Terrible place to work. Low moral, management has no respect for employees. They treat temps like dirt. Hot sweat shop environment. A guy in the tool cusses at the ceiling every day because he hates his job, life etc. No perks privileges.
Management does not stand behind their employees
Gage Technician (Former Employee), Grand Haven, MIApril 25, 2014
On multiple occasions I was trained to perform in one manor and then chastised for doing so in the next breath.

About Shape Corp

Shape Corp. aims to improve the quality of life for its customers, associates, stockholders and communities. This purpose is fulfilled – Read more

Shape Corp Salaries