Position Summary: Provide weld capability and feasibility support, provide tooling and capital purchasing support for manufacturing, sales teams and product development.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree of Science in Electrical Engineering, Automated Welding, Welding Engineering Technologies, Mechanical Engineering or Related Field.
- 2+ years experience in Robotics, Mig, Arc, Tig, Plasma or resistance welding required.
- Plasma cutting, Laser cutting is a plus.
- Familiar with weld verification methods, weld testing methodology, measuring devices.
- CAD software preferred.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
- Designing concept welding equipement.
- Building manufacturing welding equipment that meets product feasibility.
- Support sales engineering team with quoting that lowers the manufacturing cost, meets quoted cycle times, efficiency, quality, and stays within budget plus delivered on time.
- Support manufacturing for continuous improvement, lessons learned, issues on the floor, new launches, engineering changes or quality issues.
- Review designs for manufacturing feasability, suggest changes to the design to ensure product cost effectiveness.
- Read and interpret CAD data, blueprints, GD&T, CMM reports, customer weld specifications.
- Set weld standards/parameters for new products and follow up with weld testing to meet or exceed customer specifications.
- Apply and utilize manufacturing best practice for efficiency, quality, safety and capability.
- Robot programming to support all Shape facilities and suppliers during the build process.
- Good working relationship and effective communication skills with vendors, team members, suppliers and project teams.
- Experience with Microsoft Applications (e.g. word, excel, outlook, etc).
- Completion of miscellaneous duties and projects as directed by your supervisor / manager / leader.
Shape Corp. aims to improve the quality of life for its customers, associates, stockholders and communities. This purpose is fulfilled...