ShareStream (www.sharestream.com), the leading provider of online video platforms for educational institutions, is seeking a highly skilled and motivated QA engineer. Candidates should have strong experience with automated testing. The QA Automation engineer will work directly with ShareStream’s R&D engineers, documenting defects identified during testing and communicating suggestions for product improvements to ShareStream’s development team.
When not performing QA tests, the QA engineer should seek out contributing in other areas of the company, such as planning for sprints with other ShareStream engineers, documenting customers’ custom feature requests, and in some cases interacting with clients.
The ideal candidate will be both a topnotch QA engineer, and an individual who is seeking to grow professionally and contribute to the ShareStream’s growth in more than one area.
In addition, all candidates should have very strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and should be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science
- 2-7 years experience as a QA Engineer for commercial software or consumer-technology company
- Expert in automated testing tools, such as Selenium, FitNesse and WinRunner or similar tools
- Expert in writing test cases and manual testing for usability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Experience with JUnit for integration testing is a strong plus
- Experience with load testing and load-testing tools such as JMeter is a strong plus
- Experience with continuous integration environments, such as Hudson is a strong plus