Senior Java EE Architect
ShareStream - Gaithersburg, MD

This job posting is no longer available on Indeed. Find similar jobs: Senior Java Ee Architect jobs - ShareStream jobs

ShareStream (, the leading provider of video platforms for the education and knowledge industry, is seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Java EE Architect/Developer to join ShareStream's team of R&D engineers. Candidates should have a strong track record serving as a Senior Java EE Architect for the design and development of enterprise-class web applications, preferably for commercial product development companies.

The individual in this position will divide his or her time between writing code as a member of ShareStream's team of R&D engineers 80% of the time, and the remaining 20% percent of the time on architecture and design tasks.

All candidates should have extensive and recent experience in a software-development position. The ideal candidate will have excellent software development habits (use of unit tests, code documentation, etc.), and will be able to work effectively as a member of a team, but will also be skilled enough as an engineer to work on challenging projects without extensive assistance.

The Senior Java EE Architect will work in ShareStream's corporate offices in Gaithersburg, MD.


5+ years experience in Software Product Development using Java in Web Applications
3+ years experience as a Senior Software Developer.
3+ years experience in commercial-product development using Java, JSPs, and JavaScript and Hibernate.
Experience with JUnit and test driven development.
Sun Certified Java Developer (SCJD) Certification is a strong plus.

Enterprise Technologies: Java EE (EJB, JSP, Servlets, JMS), Web Services and Ajax.

Frameworks: Struts, Hibernate, Spring, Lucene, Quartz, Ant, Maven, JUnit

Enterprise Applications: Workflow Engines (jBPM), Rules Engine (Drools, ILOG JRules), Messaging Servers.

Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss

Databases: MySQL, Oracle 10g/11g, and MS SQL Server