Shared Services Employee Reviews in United States

Great Place
Magnavox Way​ Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  1700 Magnavox Way, Fort Wayne, IN 46808October 2, 2015
Loved working for this company. Great people and tons of work. They have a great work atmosphere. They allow you to listen to music with headphones as long as you are working diligently. It is a great desk job to have. Good money and decent paced work!
Pros
Pizza Fridays for teams that worked the best, Popcorn Fridays, can listen to music
Cons
Gets super cold in the building!
Opportunity to enter education field
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTJuly 31, 2015
Loved what I was doing, but decided to enter career in which I had my degree. Wanted to experience working in a school setting when position as para-educator came along.
Decent place to work at depending on your manager
SVP, Sr. Applications Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 29, 2015
Very high tech/high scale needs. Decent place at if you're a geek.

Management, work culture need to be updated from stuffy Bank / hard org boundaries, to much more of Agile Manifesto principles. Long way to go culturally and fostering the individual talent and ridding themselves of disabling politics.
Great working with Guardian for long years
Senior Business Objects Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
It feels great working with Guardian Life Insurance Company of America for long years. It provided me opportunity to hone my skills working closely with other teams.
Not as productive as it could have been.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2015
If the nearly incompetent nurse did her job it would make it so much easier for the staff to do their job. I wouldn't want to be in this line of work again because I felt like a slave. They did not respect the job discription and I was constently having to do things that were beyond my job discription.
A great place to work
Master Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my day to day at work. I got to work with a great team of people and used my interpersonal skills as well as my systems expertise to support our internal clients with numerous issues. The hardest part of the job was not having the ability to solve every issue as fast as the client needed as we sometimes needed to escalate issues to a technical team. The most rewarding part was being able to resolve a user's issue or just hand hold them through a difficult process.
Pros
great friendships were formed
Cons
fast paced environment at times
x
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY (Gates)February 23, 2015
I enjoy the daily challenges of my position at Exelis, Inc. I interface with top executive and shop floor employees. I enjoy the flexibility working at Exelis allows me.
The job was satisfactory.
Postal Accident Claim Reporter (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, Pgh. PA.July 30, 2014
I worked for this company for 4 months. I left because of a better opportunity with another company.
Pros
refreshed my customer service and keynomic skills.
Cons
evening and weekend hours.
I liked my job and the people that I worked with
Mail/Shared Sevices clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day on the job was to check for job assignment to :
Prepare wires for disbursement
Prepare over-night disbursements
Prepare final disbursements for mailing.
Receive and scan incoming mail.
Enter data into company website.
Pros
good working hours and benefits
Cons
continuous computer work is hard on the eyes.
Great start for recent college grads
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 25, 2013
Great place to learn about the financial industry and to start your career.
Data-Driven and Performance Management in People, Process Technology
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaFebruary 12, 2013
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS / CENTRALIZED PROFESSIONAL and SHARED SERVICES / ADMINISTRATOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and ALLIANCE LEADER

Experience leading high performance, results driven teams in marketing and Shared Services with hands-on operating engagement. A Passion for creating value, vision and motivation from strategic thought to tactical execution in People, Process & Technology. An innovator and driver that energizes to company focused key business goals within a Performance Management Methodology. Positioned to promote and leverage a customer-centric and employee empowered culture with process, product and program management towards enablement of client engagement, retention and fulfillment practice; capitalizing on human capital talent and technology solutions in the sales and product channels.
Pros
data driven, metric based
Cons
insurance, compensation
Enjoyable job with good management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 16, 2012
On a typical day I would travel from various pre-determined locations doing customer service duties. I would clean and service beer lines and make sure the customer was pleased with my job.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
no benifits