Shared Services Employee Reviews

Fast paced work place while working in uncomfortable conditions
LOCAL SORT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLApril 13, 2017
In a warehouse where temperature control is limited. Fast paced heavy lifting with the stresses of upper management personnel taking frustrations out on the hourly employees to get the job done with minimal staffing
global, interesting
CIO, IT (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CTMarch 31, 2017
daily interaction with the field team. global interaction with offshore team. team collaboration in the four walls. met with customers on all projects.
Shared Service
Billing Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FlMarch 9, 2017
verified eligibility, correct CPT codes if needed, submit claims then work the A/R. Management was great very helpful. Loved the fax they had flex hours, loved working early mornings and leaving early.

The hardest part of the job was the old dos system. Hard to get use too.

Compensation Benefits were excellent. Management was easy to work with.
Pros
Loved the flex hours, management
Cons
Old DOS system
Good
Medical Billing/Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 20, 2017
Worked on contract basis. Corporate culture, Good atmosphere, friendly people except a few. Easy access to the higher ups for problem solving, good work discipline, excellent training,
Poor Morale
ER/Outpatient (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PADecember 26, 2016
Poor morale and poor management. Need to create a more positive atmosphere to keep good workers from leaving. Always cutting back and never replaces workers to help where is is very important such as outpatient and emergency room.
Pros
Cafeteria
Cons
Poor Morale
No "walk the talk" management style
Accounts Payable Manager (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COOctober 19, 2016
Unsubstantiated comments about typical services provided to our distribution centers. Unrealistic metrics. Work required to perform but was never used. Too much of "talk the talk" and no indication of "walk the talk". The most enjoyable part of the job was the direct reports and the hard work they did each day.
Pros
Pay & Benefits
Working with Special needs students
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTAugust 16, 2016
I had the opportunity to work one-on-one with autistic children of varying ages and different levels of the autism spectrum. Very rewarding job helping these kids develop into the best person that they can be.
Staff is wonderful with the kids always being first.
Pros
Mentally rewarding and emotionally satisfying
Cons
Mentally Taxing at times, Physically exhausting
Great Place
Magnavox Way​ Collections Clerk (Former Employee) –  1700 Magnavox Way, Fort Wayne, IN 46808October 2, 2015
Loved working for this company. Great people and tons of work. They have a great work atmosphere. They allow you to listen to music with headphones as long as you are working diligently. It is a great desk job to have. Good money and decent paced work!
Pros
Pizza Fridays for teams that worked the best, Popcorn Fridays, can listen to music
Cons
Gets super cold in the building!
Nice people to work with is the most important aspect of working.
Linen Worker III (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 18, 2015
I have been treated very fair by the Manager of Laundry, as well as my immediate supervisor. The Director of Laundry is also a fair man. I have no complaints about working for these fair men.
Pros
Being treated fair is number one priority.
Cons
Expensive health care.
Opportunity to enter education field
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winsted, CTJuly 31, 2015
Loved what I was doing, but decided to enter career in which I had my degree. Wanted to experience working in a school setting when position as para-educator came along.
Decent place to work at depending on your manager
SVP, Sr. Applications Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, DEJuly 29, 2015
Very high tech/high scale needs. Decent place at if you're a geek.

Management, work culture need to be updated from stuffy Bank / hard org boundaries, to much more of Agile Manifesto principles. Long way to go culturally and fostering the individual talent and ridding themselves of disabling politics.
Great working with Guardian for long years
Senior Business Objects Developer/Administrator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2015
It feels great working with Guardian Life Insurance Company of America for long years. It provided me opportunity to hone my skills working closely with other teams.
Not as productive as it could have been.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2015
If the nearly incompetent nurse did her job it would make it so much easier for the staff to do their job. I wouldn't want to be in this line of work again because I felt like a slave. They did not respect the job discription and I was constently having to do things that were beyond my job discription.
A great place to work
Master Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 24, 2015
I really enjoyed my day to day at work. I got to work with a great team of people and used my interpersonal skills as well as my systems expertise to support our internal clients with numerous issues. The hardest part of the job was not having the ability to solve every issue as fast as the client needed as we sometimes needed to escalate issues to a technical team. The most rewarding part was being able to resolve a user's issue or just hand hold them through a difficult process.
Pros
Great friendships were formed
Cons
fast paced environment at times
x
Senior Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY (Gates)February 23, 2015
I enjoy the daily challenges of my position at Exelis, Inc. I interface with top executive and shop floor employees. I enjoy the flexibility working at Exelis allows me.
The job was satisfactory.
Postal Accident Claim Reporter (Former Employee) –  Robinson Township, Pgh. PA.July 30, 2014
I worked for this company for 4 months. I left because of a better opportunity with another company.
Pros
Refreshed my customer service and keynomic skills.
Cons
Evening and weekend hours.
I liked my job and the people that I worked with
Mail/Shared Sevices clerk (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAAugust 12, 2013
A typical day on the job was to check for job assignment to :
Prepare wires for disbursement
Prepare over-night disbursements
Prepare final disbursements for mailing.
Receive and scan incoming mail.
Enter data into company website.
Pros
Good working hours and benefits
Cons
Continuous computer work is hard on the eyes.
Great start for recent college grads
Operations Representative (Current Employee) –  Westlake, TXJuly 25, 2013
Great place to learn about the financial industry and to start your career.
Data-Driven and Performance Management in People, Process Technology
Sr. Vice President (Former Employee) –  Carmel, IndianaFebruary 12, 2013
BUSINESS SOLUTIONS / CENTRALIZED PROFESSIONAL and SHARED SERVICES / ADMINISTRATOR INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY and ALLIANCE LEADER

Experience leading high performance, results driven teams in marketing and Shared Services with hands-on operating engagement. A Passion for creating value, vision and motivation from strategic thought to tactical execution in People, Process & Technology. An innovator and driver that energizes to company focused key business goals within a Performance Management Methodology. Positioned to promote and leverage a customer-centric and employee empowered culture with process, product and program management towards enablement of client engagement, retention and fulfillment practice; capitalizing on human capital talent and technology solutions in the sales and product channels.
Pros
data driven, metric based
Cons
insurance, compensation
Enjoyable job with good management
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moscow, IDApril 16, 2012
On a typical day I would travel from various pre-determined locations doing customer service duties. I would clean and service beer lines and make sure the customer was pleased with my job.
Pros
customer relations
Cons
no benifits