Shari's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Cook (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJune 8, 2017
This is a wonderful place to work and learn a lot from not just myself and what I knew from being a cook but from what I learned from having a great staff and management. The customers were great and encourage-able and enjoyed my meals, in fact they requested me as their cook. Every day I looked forward to going to work and not only getting a check but making someone smile. This was a wonderful place for me to work.
Pros
Great place to advance my cooking skills
Cons
sometimes it was so busy there was no break but at the same time it was nice
This is a family oriented restaurant. It has a laid back vibe with plenty of guest seating and parking. It is a great place to get diner and desert.
Server (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2017
This is a family oriented restaurant. It has a laid back vibe with plenty of guest seating. It is a great place to bring the family for dinner and desert. Awesome service at the Delta Park Shari's.
Still smell the pancakes and bacon
Cook Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMay 31, 2017
Sharis is a challenging place to work, they offer development as a cook in a fast paced environment. Most of the guest that come here are regulars and very personable.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
often staffed with just one cook
Awesome Swing Crew!
Server/Hostess (Current Employee) –  Garden City, IDMay 17, 2017
I love my swing crew! They are some of the best people I have worked for! I came into serving with no experience at 33 years old. They treat me like a himan while constructively criticizing me!
Pros
Awesome company
Cons
Havent found any yet that doesnt come with a normal job!!!!
Baker/DMO
Baker/DMO (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORApril 29, 2017
The day would start by getting inventory of pies and then calculating the number of pies needed for the given day and bake that amount off the management hired me as one thing then changed the code so that they could pay me less but I was still doing the baking.
Pros
friendly people
Cons
management doesn;t want to pay more for jobs that require more pay
job was fairly easy on feet all day
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAFebruary 23, 2017
took trash out, cleaned and picked up dishes.
management was fair.
strict scheduling, required an empty schedule.
at the time was in the high school and wasn't able to fulfill the requirement. found a job with a family friend that worked better.
Good place with fun times
Server/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clackamas, OR 97015October 28, 2016
I liked working there, I learned so much about management and lottery. I had trouble with the 24/7 and mandatory holidays. I got along with most my co-workers, and liked that they had pretty constant schedules.
Shari's was a great learning experience and I appreciated my opportunities however, it did not fit the needs of myself along with my family.
SERVER/LINE COOK/DMO/HOST (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAOctober 1, 2016
My time at Shari's was a wonderful learning experience. Shari's offered me a range of tasks due to my cross training. Some days I was a cook and working independently behind the line. Other days I was front of the house using my customer service skills as well as developing an understanding of the P.O.S systems. Although I have not had the opportunity to explore widely, I applaud the professionalism and respect received from Shari's upper management, supervisors, and co-workers. If I had to express the hardest part of my job it would be with expressing my most enjoyable part which would be servicing all types of customers. That being said, I've been able to adapt to certain situations that could further my understanding in problem solving and the joy of analyzing what a customer desires and providing nothing less.
Pros
Strong team
Cons
minimal pay and tips
Productive, wonderful tips
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAMay 15, 2016
Seated customers, took food & drink orders. Cleaned during slow period.
Many different cultures. It was interesting to hear how someone from another country celebrated Christmas, birthday's, etc.
Management was really good at working with you and your family. I worked mostly graveyards,so it wasn't the best for family time, so you had to plan it.
Co-workers were good. Testy and stressful during the busy hours, but no one took it personally, we were all laughing at the end of our shift.
Hardest part was having no available seats and being short handed in waitress staff, which meant double/triple seating.
The tips were amazing. My tips alone supported me and my 2 children.
Pros
Tips and no hard feelings within staff after a stressful night/day of work
Cons
Graveyard shift, upset customers
it ok just not enough Hours
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 28, 2016
just wish it had more then 18 hrs a week. i didn't learn much i done this type of work before.my co-workers are really nice i like working with them. the hardest part is when u are short handed in the back.
the most enjoyable part is when your ahead of the game and there is time to do other jobs to help out on.

Want to know more about Shari's Restaurant?

Ask a question
Fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work while going to college. Wages plus tips have supported me while I earned my Masters degree. This type of establishment is fast paced and family friendly. The hardest part of the job gets easier with experience. You wear many "hats" simultaneously as a server at Sharis. For example, order taking, menu knowledge, salads, desserts, multi-tasking, stocking, busing tables, cashier, expediting. The casual atmosphere at Shari's definitely makes it a fun place to work and a great place to learn how to be a great server.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
competitive hours
I liked the environment there.
Host, dish washer, and server (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 27, 2015
I was the host, dish washer, and server.
Some days I sat people and gave them their waters.
Others I took their orders.
It was a busy place to work at but I got the hang of it,
Pros
free lunch, worked with family, and everyone was close.
Cons
Worked with family
graveyard server, very fun
Cashier/ Server/ Assistant Cook/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2015
I ran the graveyard shift at the restaurant for 3 yrs. absolutely loved it. I guess if I had to pick a time that would sometimes be over whelming it would be after the bars close on the weekend. sometimes it would get really busy and I would be the only server there.
Where are the support staff??
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 23, 2015
I love to serve tables, I've always done well working with people but it became very hard to handle tables in a normal fashion without bus boys and a host/hostess.

Having serving experience already before starting e most the job the thing i had to learn was the names of the regulars and how to handle what is normally a fairly tough job with extra work expectations.

The co-workers could be great or deplorable and my largest problem with the co-workers was their stealing of tips or negative conversations on the floor.

The most enjoyable part is working with people and serving them. Nothing better then seeing a happy smiling customer after serving them for roughly an hour.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
no bus boy. no host/hostess
Good crew, Bad Company
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 20, 2015
I loved my crew but the company itself took very poor care of its employees and establishments. I would not recommend anyone who has any other options to work there.
Great comapany to work for
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR.August 12, 2015
My duties included serving, taking customers order at the table and delivering food when prepared. Pre-bussing and light clean up, stocking server station.
Pros
Face-paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours available
I enjoyed working for Shari's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Shari's! I had a lot of great co workers and wonderful customers that come in to see me on a regular basis!
I learned a lot about patients and gratitude during my time there and would go back in a heart beat!
I think the hardest part of the job was standing on my feat for 8 hours, but at that time I was big pregnant!
Pros
Good food, great co-workers and fabulous customers
Cons
Lots of hours standing on your feet and cleaning the bathrooms
Wonderful Work Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 2, 2015
A typical work day at Shari's consists of making sure every customer feels welcome. It's a very warm environment to work in. I've learned how to manage my time between waiting on customers, preparing pies and smoothie mixes, and maintaining a positive work place. The management is fantastic, and I couldn't ask for better supervisors! Between the supervisors and my co-workers, it's like having a second family. The hardest part of the job would have to be whenever the restaurant is out of stock on certain foods, and customers are extremely upset about it. However, we always manage to find a way to make their time spent with us a beneficial one. The most enjoyable part is creating relationships with the regular customers, and when they are equally happy to see you as you are to see them.
Fun & upbeat place to work.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2015
This is a place where Everyone knows your name. it never felt like work. I got to have fun with the menu , and create specials. Managing Respects employees.
Pros
getting to meet all kinds of people
Cons
being Robbed by gun point
it is a job
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORJanuary 26, 2015
this is a very stressful job because there is no team work at this particularly restaurant. I work graveyard two days a week and the other servers on swing shift before me never have all of their side work done before they leave once I get there. So I end up doing my own work for the night and theirs that way my main boss doesn't complain when he comes in for work in the morning. It has gotten old very fast, and the assistant manager who works night doesn't make sure that the other servers have their jobs done before they leave. He really doesn't help with anything, he hides out in the office until it is time for him to leave for the night. The easiest part of the job is no having to deal with other servers two nights a week, the hardest part is having to clean up after everyone else all of the time.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
poor management and hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Shari's Restaurant. Our community is ready to answer.

Shari's Restaurant Reviews by Location