Shari's Restaurant Employee Reviews in United States

it ok just not enough Hours
Customer Service/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAApril 28, 2016
just wish it had more then 18 hrs a week. i didn't learn much i done this type of work before.my co-workers are really nice i like working with them. the hardest part is when u are short handed in the back.
the most enjoyable part is when your ahead of the game and there is time to do other jobs to help out on.
Fun workplace
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Olympia, WAFebruary 24, 2016
Great place to work while going to college. Wages plus tips have supported me while I earned my Masters degree. This type of establishment is fast paced and family friendly. The hardest part of the job gets easier with experience. You wear many "hats" simultaneously as a server at Sharis. For example, order taking, menu knowledge, salads, desserts, multi-tasking, stocking, busing tables, cashier, expediting. The casual atmosphere at Shari's definitely makes it a fun place to work and a great place to learn how to be a great server.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
competitive hours
I liked the environment there.
Host, dish washer, and server (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAOctober 27, 2015
I was the host, dish washer, and server.
Some days I sat people and gave them their waters.
Others I took their orders.
It was a busy place to work at but I got the hang of it,
Pros
free lunch, worked with family, and everyone was close.
Cons
Worked with family
graveyard server, very fun
Cashier/ Server/ Assistant Cook/ Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 15, 2015
I ran the graveyard shift at the restaurant for 3 yrs. absolutely loved it. I guess if I had to pick a time that would sometimes be over whelming it would be after the bars close on the weekend. sometimes it would get really busy and I would be the only server there.
Where are the support staff??
Server (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 23, 2015
I love to serve tables, I've always done well working with people but it became very hard to handle tables in a normal fashion without bus boys and a host/hostess.

Having serving experience already before starting e most the job the thing i had to learn was the names of the regulars and how to handle what is normally a fairly tough job with extra work expectations.

The co-workers could be great or deplorable and my largest problem with the co-workers was their stealing of tips or negative conversations on the floor.

The most enjoyable part is working with people and serving them. Nothing better then seeing a happy smiling customer after serving them for roughly an hour.
Pros
discounted meals
Cons
no bus boy. no host/hostess
Good crew, Bad Company
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAAugust 20, 2015
I loved my crew but the company itself took very poor care of its employees and establishments. I would not recommend anyone who has any other options to work there.
Great comapany to work for
Server/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OR.August 12, 2015
My duties included serving, taking customers order at the table and delivering food when prepared. Pre-bussing and light clean up, stocking server station.
Pros
Face-paced environment
Cons
Not enough hours available
I enjoyed working for Shari's
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAAugust 7, 2015
I enjoyed my time working at Shari's! I had a lot of great co workers and wonderful customers that come in to see me on a regular basis!
I learned a lot about patients and gratitude during my time there and would go back in a heart beat!
I think the hardest part of the job was standing on my feat for 8 hours, but at that time I was big pregnant!
Pros
Good food, great co-workers and fabulous customers
Cons
Lots of hours standing on your feet and cleaning the bathrooms
Wonderful Work Environment
Server (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 2, 2015
A typical work day at Shari's consists of making sure every customer feels welcome. It's a very warm environment to work in. I've learned how to manage my time between waiting on customers, preparing pies and smoothie mixes, and maintaining a positive work place. The management is fantastic, and I couldn't ask for better supervisors! Between the supervisors and my co-workers, it's like having a second family. The hardest part of the job would have to be whenever the restaurant is out of stock on certain foods, and customers are extremely upset about it. However, we always manage to find a way to make their time spent with us a beneficial one. The most enjoyable part is creating relationships with the regular customers, and when they are equally happy to see you as you are to see them.
Fun & upbeat place to work.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 19, 2015
This is a place where Everyone knows your name. it never felt like work. I got to have fun with the menu , and create specials. Managing Respects employees.
Pros
getting to meet all kinds of people
Cons
being robbed by gun point
it is a job
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Redmond, ORJanuary 26, 2015
this is a very stressful job because there is no team work at this particularly restaurant. I work graveyard two days a week and the other servers on swing shift before me never have all of their side work done before they leave once I get there. So I end up doing my own work for the night and theirs that way my main boss doesn't complain when he comes in for work in the morning. It has gotten old very fast, and the assistant manager who works night doesn't make sure that the other servers have their jobs done before they leave. He really doesn't help with anything, he hides out in the office until it is time for him to leave for the night. The easiest part of the job is no having to deal with other servers two nights a week, the hardest part is having to clean up after everyone else all of the time.
Pros
pay is ok
Cons
poor management and hours
Fun Place To work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 25, 2015
It's a nice clean place to work. They have lots of training available for people to learn and grow.
Great employer
Shift Supervisor / Waitress (Former Employee) –  Red Bluff, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Great employer, thurough training and friendly environment to be a part of. Customers were always treated in a friendly manner and all employees enjoyed coming to work at sharis.
would not recommend now
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salem, OROctober 30, 2014
At the time I worked for the dealership, we were selling at a much higher volume than they are now. It was a great place to be at one point and then they got rid of some key members of the sales team and things have not been the same since.
Great staff environment
Chef (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAAugust 19, 2014
Work there was exciting and new every day.
I learned great team work and social skills.
The management staff is awesome. really helpful
The hardest part of the job was moving on.
the most enjoyable part of the job were when customers were happy
good place to work and great enviornment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 22, 2014
do prep. for cooks linn and wait staff and cook all food on menu
Pros
meals for breaks friendly co-workers
Cons
not enough hours of work a week
Bad place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oregon City, ORMay 4, 2014
A typical night at work either had you standing around, looking for things to do, or made you so busy, the whole place would be a disaster area. People never did their side work or kept the restaurant clean. You were either scheduled 1 day a week, or 50 hours a week. You wanted more/ less hours? Too bad. You weren't allowed to work more than 40 hours a week because then you qualified for benefits, which was something they offer, but don't want you to to qualify for. Management has been caught sitting in dark office napping, during rushes where we needed help. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
Excellent Management
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORApril 26, 2014
This was a wonderful company to work for. I felt like the management was fair and family oriented
What do you learn
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Puyallup, WAApril 1, 2014
I did learn to work with golden age guess, and I did like at lot. .
Also I learn about american food, and how to prepare it.
And I learn how to take care about a lot of things at the same time.
I have over 80 guess daily.
Pros
i did made a good money
Cons
work when my family don't (holidays)
great co-workers
waitress (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 11, 2014
Very busy ,specially the weekends . Changed Management quite
often.Open twenty four hours
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
working the late shift

Shari's Restaurant Reviews by Location