Shari's Restaurant

Shari's Restaurant Employee Reviews

Fun & upbeat place to work.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 19, 2015
Pros: getting to meet all kinds of people
Cons: being robbed by gun point
This is a place where Everyone knows your name. it never felt like work. I got to have fun with the menu , and create specials. Managing Respects employees.
it is a job
Server/Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee), Redmond, ORJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: pay is ok
Cons: poor management and hours
this is a very stressful job because there is no team work at this particularly restaurant. I work graveyard two days a week and the other servers on swing shift before me never have all of their side work done before they leave once I get there. So I end up doing my own work for the night and theirs that way my main boss doesn't complain when he comes in for work in the morning. It has gotten old very fast, and the assistant manager who works night doesn't make sure that the other servers have their jobs done before they leave. He really doesn't help with anything, he hides out in the office until it is time for him to leave for the night. The easiest part of the job is no having to deal with other servers two nights a week, the hardest part is having to clean up after everyone else all of the time.
Fun Place To work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 25, 2015
It's a nice clean place to work. They have lots of training available for people to learn and grow.
GREAT EMPLOYER
Shift Supervisor / Waitress (Former Employee), Red Bluff, CAJanuary 12, 2015
GREAT EMPLOYER, THUROUGH TRAINING AND FRIENDLY ENVIRONMENT TO BE A PART OF. CUSTOMERS WERE ALWAYS TREATED IN A FRIENDLY MANNER AND ALL EMPLOYEES ENJOYED COMING TO WORK AT SHARIS.
would not recommend now
Server/Supervisor (Former Employee), Salem, OROctober 30, 2014
At the time I worked for the dealership, we were selling at a much higher volume than they are now. It was a great place to be at one point and then they got rid of some key members of the sales team and things have not been the same since.
Great staff environment
Chef (Former Employee), Kent, WAAugust 19, 2014
Work there was exciting and new every day.
I learned great team work and social skills.
The management staff is awesome. really helpful
The hardest part of the job was moving on.
the most enjoyable part of the job were when customers were happy
good place to work and great enviornment
Line Cook (Current Employee), Portland, ORJuly 22, 2014
Pros: meals for breaks friendly co-workers
Cons: not enough hours of work a week
do prep. for cooks linn and wait staff and cook all food on menu
Bad place to work.
Hostess (Former Employee), Oregon City, ORMay 4, 2014
A typical night at work either had you standing around, looking for things to do, or made you so busy, the whole place would be a disaster area. People never did their side work or kept the restaurant clean. You were either scheduled 1 day a week, or 50 hours a week. You wanted more/ less hours? Too bad. You weren't allowed to work more than 40 hours a week because then you qualified for benefits, which was something they offer, but don't want you to to qualify for. Management has been caught sitting in dark office napping, during rushes where we needed help. That doesn't even begin to scratch the surface.
Excellent Management
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORApril 26, 2014
This was a wonderful company to work for. I felt like the management was fair and family oriented
What do you learn
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAApril 1, 2014
Pros: i did made a good money
Cons: work when my family don't (holidays)
I did learn to work with golden age guess, and I did like at lot. .
Also I learn about american food, and how to prepare it.
And I learn how to take care about a lot of things at the same time.
I have over 80 guess daily.
great co-workers
waitress (Former Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: working the late shift
Very busy ,specially the weekends . Changed Management quite
often.Open twenty four hours
friendly workplace
Hostess (Former Employee), Hood River, ORJanuary 20, 2014
Great oppurtunity to work w variety of customers, great pay and awesome team work ethics
Productive, and Positive.
Line Cook (Current Employee), Kent, WADecember 13, 2013
A typical day at work would be clocking in my shift on time, and checking the walk in for what needs to be prep. for breakfast,lunch, and dinner. Working at Shari's restaurant taught me how to have more confidence in my work, it taught me how to be thankful for everything in my life, it also helped me to discipline myself to take on new challenges, and to be the best at what I do. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to cook with passion.
customer service
Baker (Former Employee), springfield orDecember 1, 2013
Pros: coworkers
Cons: truck
first job. loved all the coworkers i was working with learned how to handle difficult customers and the management was a blast to work with.
Productive and a fun and enjoyable place to work
Dish Machine Operator (Former Employee), Spokane, WANovember 22, 2013
Pros: great atmospere, very helpful, beautiful place, amazing team work
Cons: benifits
I loved the atmospere of all of the co-workers and especially the helpfulness of everyone there. I learned how to manage my time better at work and that in the restaurant buisness there are a lot of places to advance within the same company. The hardest part of my job was trying to get off on time. Management was really awesome with training and treating everyone fairly. The most enjoyable part of my job was having the experience to work there.
Loved working there, it didn't feel like I was going to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 17, 2013
I learned how to communicate with people better. Honesty and being real with the customer.
Great way to learn to Multi- task
Hostess (Former Employee), Castro Valley, CaJune 19, 2013
Pros: active, entertaining, energizing
Cons: benefits, low pay
A typical day at work is busy and full of people. I get to meet all sorts of different walks of life. There are some older people that come in everyday and sometimes twice a day. My managers for the most part are nice. Everyone is very helpful and we work well as a team. The hardest part of the job is down time because I always like to stay busy and active. I enjoy getting to know so many people everyday I am at work.
busy restaurant
Waiter (Former Employee), wenatchee, waNovember 19, 2012
Take customer’s orders accurately, serve food and beverages, prepare itemized checks, and take payments at a busy area restaurant. Inform customers about menu specials. Set up and clear tables. Check patrons’ ID to ensure they meet the minimum age requirement to purchase alcohol. Also train new employees, and serve as host, cashier, baker, and food prep. Perform minor maintenance. Maintain high degree of professionalism and offer reliable, friendly service.
Fun and interactive workplace
Hostess (Current Employee), Oregon City, OROctober 24, 2012
A typical day at work involves helping customers have the best experience possible. This includes helping the servers when needed and making sure that my duties are done so that the restaurant stays clean and presentable. The management is very helpful and keeps employees on track. Co-workers are always positive and helpful. There is sometimes drama that gets in the way. The hardest part of the job is trying to stay out of the drama in the workplace. People fight over tables and as the hostess it is hard to keep everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job is the customers. I love to see our regulars and newcomers and here about their day.
Restaurant
Server (Former Employee), cheyenne wyomingSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: money earned daily
Cons: not enough hours
Serve food to customers in timely fashion and give the best customer service possible. I believe you learn something new everyday if you are open minded to it.