Sharks Sports and Entertainment Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Jr. Sharks Ice Hockey Coach (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 5, 2016
A typical day at work invovled coaching kids between 6 and 18. I developed my interpersonal and coaching skills. The job was very rewarding seeing improvement in skills both on and off the ice. My team of coaches were very aware of the lifelong impact we had on these kids, and found ways to employ fun and life lessons for everyone involved.
Pros
Rewarding work, Fun Work, Networking
Find someone else to work for.
Senior IT Admin. (Former Employee) –  San JoseAugust 26, 2014
If your in IT, AVOID this very tight company. They are WELL BELOW MARKET on job positions. They could do alot better on perks, which are none. You WORK not enjoy the events.

I was going to be hired and was turned down after questioning the pay to start. Point blank without hesitation. I cheap, poorly managed company. (IT at least)
Pros
location
Cons
List too long to put on one line.
lots of hours, lots of hockey
Ice Hockey Scorekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 23, 2013
If you can stand the cold (40F air temps on average during the winter), and you are needing a part-time and flexible job, scorekeeping for the in-house programs with the San Jose Sharks is a good way to go.

While it barely pays over the minimum wage, if you have the time to work...you will be given work. Especially during holidays when major tournaments happen.
Pros
discounts on ProShop purchases, free skate sessions
Cons
it's freaking cold if you aren't used to it, you must supply your own space heater(s)
If you love ice-sports, you should work here
Scorekeeper (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJanuary 30, 2013
With ice hockey, figure skating, speed skating, curling, broomball...as well as a concert venue at HP Pavilion, there's so much variety in the work day that you cannot be bored.
Pros
free drink while working, discount on food any time
Cons
facility is open nearly 24-hours a day, so shifts can be very early or very late
Amazing!
Sales Associate at the Sharks Store (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMay 29, 2012
I love working here. I get to interact with many people who are interested in the Sharks hockey team and merchandise, and assist them in finding the perfect new addition to their Sharks merchandise collection. The management is incredible, all very friendly and great at what they do, and the co-workers are the same. It makes for a very good working environment.

The hardest part of the job was interacting with some customers who were peeved that we did not have a certain piece of merchandise that they wanted. However, it taught me a lot about how to work with difficult people, which helps in many different aspects of life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharks Sports and Entertainment. Our community is ready to answer.

Sharks Sports and Entertainment Reviews by Location