Sharon Hospital Employee Reviews

Positive atmosphere that balances professionalism and fun
Laboratory Courier (Current Employee) –  Sharon, CTDecember 14, 2015
A typical day working for Sharon Hospital as a lab courier requires me to drive for ten hours or more to the various medical offices within my region and communicating between them and the laboratory. Shortly after beginning this job, my perception of the role I played at work shifted from just being a lab courier, to being the figurehead of Sharon Hospital to the various offices in my area. With this shift in perception, I began to not only emphasize the responsibility of doing the regular tasks associated with my job, but also the importance of forming interpersonal relationships with those at the office. Doing this allowed my professional identity to mature, and provided me with an assortment of interpersonal skills that I hope to use in the future.
Working in a medical environment requires one to dedicate themselves to the needs of the patient, while at the same time managing the bureaucratic maze associated with the various legalities associated with the medical field. I rarely, if ever, see these stresses affecting the individuals I work with. When I go into work, I can expect a positive atmosphere that promotes communication and healthy relationships between coworkers. Within a few days of starting with Sharon Hospital, I found myself completely comfortable with my responsibilities due to the open atmosphere promoted between staff.
Working at Sharon Hospital has been a rewarding experience for me since it allowed me to grow as a young professional and look forward to future experiences with any job I take. I am confident that the skills I have fostered here will be
  more... useful to any position I take in the future.  less
Pros
Great staff, benefits, ease of communication between coworkers
Cons
long hours driving
Too Clicky to work, Felt like being back in Highschool but worse
Private (Former Employee) –  PrivateJuly 7, 2015
Working at Sharon Hospital was great the first few weeks, Like any new job , right? Till I learned how "clicky" and reluctant to change everyone is. Unless your apart of the "click" your job security is limited to nothing. If your looking for a job without drama, this is not the place. Plus, the vets know exactly how to use the system (HR) in order to get you fired if they don't like you personally, Which at a job, personal feelings should be set aside, but here its the most important way to keep your job. The rules do not apply to anyone whose worked at the hospital for more then 10 years, if your new then they apply ten fold.

As a hospital you would think that the pay would be good and benefits GREAT, but in reality its terrible, and you end up paying an arm and a leg for everything. The only good part was the 401K, until they took away the 3% match and then even that was terrible. There's no Bonus's unless your there for 5 years, and then you get 20$ if your lucky and after taxes its even less then that. The great part about the 401K was that after you leave it rolls over to Openhiemer fund.

The pay doesn't match the average pay of others in your area working in the same field. The pay is not fair for the work being preformed and it shows in the work quality.
Most employees are not invested in the improvement of the hospital and it shows in the quality of the work environment. Poor pay and management has taken a toll on the hospital over time.
Pros
Great Cafeteria and Food
Cons
Benefits, Pay, Work load, no Bonus or incentives, unfair HR system/clicky, Management adminitration
the job carries immense meaning in terms of seeing the Cancer patients and praying for them.
CEO (Current Employee) –  Salem, TNDecember 26, 2014
Against my actual job of MSO, team building, inter institutional relationships, promotional works, I end up doing creating systems and procedures, staff motivation, internal audit, recruitment, maintenance, program management.
The learning is how an organization was left in the hands of dishonest and incapable people, to decay over a short period of time. The attempt is coming out of the mess.
Co-workers need to be appointed for many right positions, existing block new staff, and do not share or involve new ones.
No funds, infrastructure inadequacy, absence of high profile basic specialist doctors
Healing that have taken place said to have been the result of prayer is the greatest meaning providing facts.
Pros
left to itself, the Organization will be closed sooner than later
Cons
Fund Raising; interactions with financial institutions are on the cards to have start up
Great Place To Work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sharon, CTApril 28, 2015
I enjoy my employment but have no chance at advancement at this time. I am the only person responsible to the day to day functions of all aspects of accounts payable for the Hospital.
Hospital
secretary (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTFebruary 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at Sharon Hospital but it wasn't always good days. When I switched from days to evenings, nobody told me that within a couple months the shifts would be changing to 12 hours. That really screwed up my schedule. The whole reason I left my old position was for the evening spot...the least someone could've done was told me what was about to happen!
Terrible place to work
Finance (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTNovember 16, 2014
Unless this is your last resort for a job, please think twice.
Pros
Gazebo lady is great!
Cons
Management is for themselves. Human Resources is only there for management.
Shipping/Receiving Clerk
Purchasing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTApril 6, 2012
stocked the floors with medical supplies, ran mail through mail machine and dropped off mail at local post office, received in incoming deliveries and delivered the packages to the departments they were suppose to go, and shipped out out going packages using FedEx computer software.
Not very welcoming
Management (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTOctober 21, 2014
Unwilling to change
hospital needs a lot of repair
Management plays favorites
Great place to learn
Behavioral Health - Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTJanuary 20, 2015
Typically I met with staff nurse who prepared me to work with their patients. I learned great communication skills and balancing multiple job requirements with accuracy and attention to detail
fun place to work
employee (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTAugust 6, 2014
always meeting great people and learning new things. always room to move up in rank.
Pros
cafe downstairs where you can get your meals
Great Work Place
Medicare Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTJuly 20, 2012
Posting Medicare Remits, Following up on Aging accounts, answering phone calls in regards to patients billing questions, training co-workers
gret hospital
John Winters (Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTDecember 27, 2013
great hospital to work in. Good co-worker to work with. Clean hospital.
nice clean environment
CNA (Former Employee) –  Sharon, CTJune 26, 2012
If you're into caring for others, then this is the place for you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharon Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8