Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

I loved Sharp Healthcare
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaJuly 4, 2015
I loved my 12 years with Sharp Healthcare. If it wasn't for a career change, I wouldn't go anywhere. Management takes care of their staff. I miss this facility
A growing, constantly revamping organization
Staff - Adult / Pediatric Critical Care / L&D Svc (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 22, 2015
Work is always hectic and marginally disorganized. Scheduling was closely related to the daily census. Which you either was sent home upon arrival or you were chastised for your absence when you were scheduled off.

Our department manager was more concerned with those ambitious RTs whom were actively gaining higher education. It was apparent that she took it as an attack upon her position.

The ole'-guard has moved on now and the present healthcare tempo is aligned with the best of medical facilities.

Back then, the hardest part was accountability of staff on duty. many at times I was given someone else pager so that a personal matter could be resolved.

I learned a lot from physicians whom were eager to teach upon request or in-the-moment when giving care to needed patients.
Pros
I relished all the responsibility placed in my lap.
Cons
I couldn't count on other staff members consistently.
wonderful place to practice nursing
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 3, 2015
This is a wonderful hospital and company to practice nursing for. I would reccomend it to anyone looking for a hospital to work for.
good working conditions and helpful management and coworkers.
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 20, 2013
I enjoyed working at Sharp Chula Vista Hospital mainly because as an employee they trusted me to get the job done well, but I received advice when needed. Benefits were great. Coworkers were fun and always willing to help if needed. Hardest part was getting documents finished within the timeline. Enjoyable was a feeling of accomplishment and good feed-back from the doctors.
Pros
employee special lunches and birthday celebrations.
Cons
no cons
the staff at SCVMC are very nice to work with specially 4 south unit. Team work is a most important factor which this unit has.
Nursing assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula vista CaliforniaOctober 23, 2013
nice place to work at. the staff are very nice and have very strong team work.
benefits
Cons
short breaks
Good teaching place and a fun way to meet new people.
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 17, 2014
I was a volunteer at Sharp Chula Vista, my typical day was looking at
upcoming volunteer's applications and help decide which ones to interview. The other aspect of my job was greeting patients and directing them to their desired location, and also helping doctors and nurses by sending specimens to the lab or delivering them a chart. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting so many different people and understanding why they wanted to learn more about the medical field.
Pros
great people to work with and access to the emergency room.
Cons
some patients are rude.
I work with people that I can Call "Family"
LVN (Current Employee) –  BPSeptember 22, 2014
Every day is a challenge, but at the end of the day, it is all worth it because I know I helped someone that is in need.
Intense workplace
Volunteer Sharp Chula Vista Auxiliary (Former Employee) –  Chula VistaJuly 12, 2012
Translator English-Spanish. Medical terminology, organizational and responsible work area. Very committed to its patients. Fast-paced .
Productive, educational, and fun workplace
Student Nurse Preceptorship (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 28, 2012
Staff of all disciplines work well together to provide the best care for the patients.

Want to know more about Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center?

Ask a question