Sharp Electronics Corporation

Sharp Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

People are great
Assistant Director, Demand Planning Audio (Former Employee), New JerseyMay 18, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Volital times right now
Days were intense and challenging, but that made the days move fast.
I grew up at this company - over the years I learned how to solve problems, how to investigate issues and come to productive conclusions in order to watch the bottom line.
I saw an industry grow with new inventions that at the beginning were only dreams. It was an exciting ride for so many years.
Co workers make the company and I had great ones. We talked situations over to gain different view points and different experiences from all who needed to be involved in the decision and came to conclusions that fit for every department when we need to solve a problem or change a process.
Management had turn overs in the past few years that made it unsettling since you had to learn each bosses way of handling the processes. Everyone came in with a different process and wanted to change to what they were use to not what was good for the company.
The hardest part was change that was not good for the company, but since it was management you had to follow their direction.
The most enjoyable part was of course the people. Learning from the culture and problem solving the issues. Love to dig deeper, analyze and report my findings.
Corporate/National Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately company closed the department that I was working for. They decided to close theiratioanl program and more to a branch & dealer level.
Quality Focused Company
IT DIRECTOR (Former Employee), ROMEOVILLE, ILMarch 9, 2015
Pros: culture to improve quality of product and services
Cons: japanese dominent work decision making environment
Excellent Customer Hotline Call Center operations.
Strong focus on quality and kaizen continuous improvements.
Fact Data Information sharing with global locations to provide better service and prevent the same mistakes.
The company was not profitable and this created an uncomfortable employment environment.
Tax Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: employees were team oriented which made the environment livable.
Cons: the overtime made employees question their long term tenure.
The company was running very lean and there was a great deal of pressure on its employees in terms of overtime. The company needed be more worker friendly.
great company to work for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILNovember 19, 2014
sharp electronics is a great place to work at. everyone from fellow employees to management were very nice, treating everyone like family, but firm enough to keep you on your toes to get the work done.
Horrible place to work & the company management lies!
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no ethical boundaries
They come off as a great place to work but their training is almost obsolete and the team's are rude & unhelpful, to say the very least! But if you enjoy cheating people and lying to individuals to make a sell then you will fit in with the company culture! They portrayed themselves to be people who they are NOT and shift blame on to others within the company and there is a huge division! Their benefits are great but if you have a code of ethics, then I suggest that you look elsewhere for employment! But without these individuals I would have never met the great people that I work with, now!
Corporate Company with excellent pay and benefits
Sales Coordinator - Copier Sales Division (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits & wages
Cons: various stressful work times
I supported a sales force of 11 persons in the high volume copier industry. I worked alone for the majority of the time until month end and the sales staff would travel from various parts of the country to close business. It was challenging at time due to demands of the corporate office, but very rewarding when the day was done. I worked with a wonderful group of people that I looked forward to seeing each month when they would come in for close.
fun work place
internal Tech customer support (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: 30 minutes and two 15 minutes breaks
Cons: heathcare
start work early and get off late , I pretty can do almost everything during my 6 years there .
stable and alot of team work
centrix (Current Employee), Conshohocken, PAAugust 13, 2014
I loved working there because I got to work as a team with a lot of people and I got have fun and learn alt of experience with this company.
Great brand and great company
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJuly 21, 2014
Very good place to work. Great brand and great work culture.
Very busy but something that I like doing
Inventory Control/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 6, 2014
A typical day would start off with morning meeting. Here is what we discuss what needs to be done first and whats to come. I search and find parts that have been misplaced or lost within the warehouse. I also unload the shipping truck of products that needs to be stored in the warehouse.
Enjoyed working there so much I went back.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 17, 2014
I enjoyed the work. I was always learning something new. My co workers were very supportive and I was sorry to leave when I did.
Sharp Electronics
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILMay 6, 2014
Was a learning experience it was my first customer service job
Sharp Pharmaceutical Company
Quality Analyst (Former Employee), Allentown, PAJanuary 22, 2014
Poor job training and communication between departments.
Great Products & Brands
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 10, 2013
Good People and Colleagues
Tough management
Intense
Long Hours
Very professional atmosphere with very friendly people.
Administrative Assistant/Finance Assistant (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJNovember 13, 2013
A fast paced environment with friendly co-workers.
A lot of multi-tasking and never a dull moment.
Sharp is a family orientated company, we participated in the, Food Drive, Bring Children to work, walk-a-thons, family day picnics and outings.
Logistic Specialist (Former Employee), Romeoville, ILOctober 29, 2013
Pros: the ability to learn and move foward with room to grow.
Cons: pension plan discontinued
Working at Sharp has been a very good experience, a typical work day is busy which is a very good thing. I've was only able to advance due to the leadership I received from a couple of good managers and their trust in me, giving me the opportunity to grow with new projects. I've develped friendships that will go way beyond working with Sharp, lifetime friendships who became more than just a co-worker. There were some stress level's that were reached some days but after over coming them I became a more valuable employee. I really enjoyed working there, due to the relocation from Illoinis to Memphis my job was ended.
nice people
Assembler (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 12, 2013
Pros: good working experience
Cons: didn like cutting my hands up
nice environment, like putting microwaves. a good learning experience.
Great company to work for and employees make a great team.
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 8, 2013
Sharp provides an excellent work enviroment where employees receive the required support from the administration groups in the headquarter offices.
Productive.
Field Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: quality of life is manageable working for this company.
Cons: unfortunately, i was laid off.
Great company. Meeting new people within my covered or assigned territory was rewarding.

1 2 3

About Sharp Electronics Corporation

Sharp Electronics Corporation is the Mahwah, N.J.-based marketing and sales subsidiary of Japan's Sharp Corporation, a worldwide – Read more