Sharp Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

travel, productive
Facility Administrator (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILJanuary 7, 2018
budgeting, travel to several different locations, safety management, facility management, administrative management, office management. enjoyable position and learned a lot while on the job along with joining IFMA (International Facilities Management Association)
Pros
Travel
Cons
Lots of overtime
fast paced
Packer Operator (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 31, 2017
if you like too work as a team good place to work .people are somewhat nice to be around .most know and do their job well .a lot of them have been there for 30+ years
Pros
good job
Cons
not paid enough
Relaxed job, slow pace, co-workers were caring, helpful, and polite.
Warehouse I (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PADecember 7, 2017
Loved working there, co-workers were nice, every morning always talk to each other, asked how were there morning, if everything at home is ok, also always helped me unload trucks, even packaging, it wasn't no job, it was also a small family at Sharp.
Sharp - bowling, picnics, Christmas party in cafteria
Account Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 15, 2017
I was with the Sharp for over 30 years. Three major divisions.
The computer room was very instance work. There would be four
of us on night shift. Back then we would take down the computers and all the work during the day would be up dated. When there was a failed job then things would be stressful. The system had to be up 7:20 AM EST. We were in charge of the entire country.
I had many enjoyable experiences at Sharp. In customer service I would try to make dealers appreciate our work by supplying them with parts for there company.
Again working night shift I would see a lot of management work very late. I never new they put in that much time.
I worked for the Japanese for many years. The one thing they require is to be at work on time. They would promote you because of your hard work and dedication to the company.
Pros
Great 401k plan, Very good discounts on products
Pay is VERY low
Branch Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 23, 2017
The Company overall is a great Company however to hit the pay they lure you with you must hit all targets i.e. MFP, MNS, AV-Pro. However only the MFP line is directly controlled by you the Sales Executive. The other two are passed off as leads to others to sale.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
VERY low pay
Sharp is a balanced workplace which at times is a great place to be.
Manager of Media Services (Current Employee) –  Montvale, NJOctober 11, 2017
I've been at Sharp for 8+ years. In that time I've had the opportunity to learn new tools such as videography, editing, motion graphics to add to my graphic design background. I've had my hands in a lot of re-designs of brochures, applications and websites to bring them up to date, and the feedback is always positive. Unfortunately, it seems wether you go above and beyond to keep the company moving forward, or come in everyday and do the bare minimum, you are rewarded equally. It's hard to find the motivation in that.
Pros
Flexible schedule, benefits
Cons
career advancement, poor management
Not too great
Associate Business Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 10, 2017
Was thrown into a very uncomfortable situation of working with people who mostly spoke Japanese almost 100% of the time. Quite the culture shock. Training on the site was difficult because of language barrier.
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 6, 2017
This company was a great work place plenty of over time good pay at one while. Team workers were great and managers were friendly and helpful to employees
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Excellent Company!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 25, 2017
Worked for this company for years. Great opportunities for entry level employees for advancement. Excellent company to work for. Company had excellent benefits.
fun workplace
Line Associate (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAAugust 26, 2017
Good place to work I am just in need of more money and maybe a closer place near my house. Not a bad place I cant complain. If I gto paid a little more it would be great.
A very productive and lively place to work for!
Inspector/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2017
It was a very good company to work for, just under paid , poor management, wasn't any room for growth! Many problem got unsolved! You also felt like you were in prison working this company and they also work you like a Hebrew slave!
Interesting workplace
Senior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLAugust 18, 2017
Each Sharp branch was independent until Sharp acquired them. Each branch has its own personality and it is difficult to make sales on a national level because in any given location you would not only have to negotiate with the customer but also with the other Sharp branches. I am accustomed to having a single national footprint and pricing, service and delivery all being uniform across the country. If you like to sell just to a local customer base this is a great job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
decisions on pricing and service delivery are made at each branch's discretion.
Exciting place to work
Regional Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 17, 2017
Worked there when LCD TC's started to become affordable for the average consumer. Worked with some great people, and dealt with very large and small accounts.
Pros
New technology
Cons
Very competitive market place
Was good
General Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hidalgo, TXAugust 14, 2017
Sadly the place was moved to Tennessee, but It was a nice place to work, and my boss was the best. Wish I still worked there. Miss the place. Great working place.
Love work
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 10, 2017
I loved my job but management not impressive!

Not much more to say about the company, happy to see Foxconn take over maybe it will be a better place for future employees.
Top National Branch
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 9, 2017
Great branch manager and very in tune to the market. The satellite local office is hampered by being a "Step Child". Local sales manger is fantastic. There are other challenges that I refrain from explaining.
Pros
Insurance plan
Cons
can't list
Apponting independent retail operations to distribute/sale products
Regional Sales Manager - Midwest (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 5, 2017
A wonderful position wherein I controlled the appointment authorized office equipment distributors, their quotas , inventory levels and launched new products and sales training
Sharp Electronics printing segment dulls due to leadership
Account Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 27, 2017
Great machines; the MFPs and document management software offerings are really nice.
The management is very dark and responds negatively towards teamwork, collaboration, and/or change, so one must find their own way to make the job enjoyable.
For those who can self-motivate and work independently, this might work out well. For those who like to work in a positive, team-based environment, this might not be the best place for that fulfillment based on what I've experienced.
Pros
General staff
Cons
"Do as I say not as I do" management philosophy.
Great opportunity to grow professionally
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJJune 7, 2017
Sharp's still striving to finds it's place in a challenging and competitive industry. The decision seems to be to support the direct channel and the top 5% of the dealer channel. This is leaving a void for the small to mid sized dealers in the dealer channel.
Pros
Challenging work environment
Cons
Limited flexibility with pricing and programs for dealer channel
Good
SAP MM MRP Logistics consultant (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 16, 2017
Glad to work here, friendly working environment, and very helpful, and I really appreciate the managers attitude as they motivate their employer, nice to be working experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Electronics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.