Sharp Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

i do not recall this job has been a while back
Inspector Quality Assurance, Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMarch 7, 2017
did all that was expected but as well pay was very low for a lot of work expected and quotas to be met sometimes worked very long shifts and found a steady job with a steady schedule
Exciting opportunity to support a Govt/Corp Sales Team
Associate Manager Direct Business Marketing (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 17, 2017
It was a wonderful opportunity to support seasoned Sales Professionals whom managed Government and Corporate Sales.
Promotion within 6 months
MANAGER, Product Info & Customer Relations (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJanuary 23, 2017
Beautiful location (Mahwah, NJ).
Administrator for Corporate Executives: (Japanese) Chairman of the Board, President & Executive Vice President
Manager for Product Information & Customer Service, Service Division
Pros
Excellent benefits & employee programs (clubs, teams, extra curricular)
Cons
Japanese and American duplicate efforts - senior management seems to not trust each other
Very productive place to work for
Senior Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 24, 2016
Performed a variety of administrative duties in the Accounting dept. Earned a reputation for reliability, accuracy, and a willingness to accept responsibility. The co-workers were nice.
Pros
shows, demos & awards
Productive and Long hours
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXOctober 2, 2016
Working for this company required long hours. Kept you on your toes. Great experience learning importing and exporting. Management needed a lot of attention.
Nice place to work
Sales and Use Tax Accountant (Current Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 29, 2016
we are like a family in our department. There are six of us working together. Running the reports preparing our monthly tax schedule and filing the state sales and use tax returns, making the journal entries, and processing the payments. We all enjoy what we are doing so there is no hard part of work.
Nice work environment
Senior Manager, Corporate Credit & Collections (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJSeptember 2, 2016
Great place to work until 2009. Downhill from there until they were almost out of business. Otherwise a great place to work. Great location and people were loyal and dedicated to their jobs.
Pros
Location and Benefits
Cons
Extremely bad decisions about product development and overall management of operations
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 16, 2016
Work environment was extremely demanding but the atmosphere was one of team work and camaraderie.

Management was extremely helpful and fair.
not for me
Receiving Lead (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 7, 2016
this job wasn't for me.

i was a machine operator and i had to lift boxes that weighed more than me. maybe i chose the wrong job descriptionn
Excellent company
IT Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJMay 23, 2016
Excellent company culture and great people to work with. Good compensation and benefits. Lots of exciting opportunities thanks to innovative, creative people. Sincerity and creativity really works. Environment friendly company.
Pros
Culture and values.
productive
Server (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 6, 2016
I worked as a server. working with food and taking care of my customers. my first job and I learned how to work with a lot of people.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
one break
Great training in operating machinery.
MACHINE OPERATOR JULY (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2016
My duty consisted of gathering all cardboard and operating the compactor. When full i bailed objects and loaded onto truck.
Pros
Great employees and team work
Cons
temporary
Formed many lasting relationships with great co workers
SIICA Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 11, 2015
My day consisted of working with Sales, Customer Service, Vendors, etc. to formulate monthly and fiscal budgets and monthly purchases. My forecast accuracy was consistently between 95% and 105%. The toughest part of my job was determining what information I was given was relevant to the forecast and purchase. I enjoyed seeing my accuracy positively affect the company's profitability.
Pros
Healthcare and benefits
Great Place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work. Good place to learn the corporate culture. Working environment was good, clean and safe. I would recommend working here.
Its a temporary assignment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2015
I need something long term, for my family. I've have my Bachelors degree and I want to work in my desired field. Praying other opportunities come along.
Pros
Flexibility
Japanese working culture
System Engineer - Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 5, 2015
Long Hours:

You are expected to show your dedication as an employee by working long hours. Japanese culture tends to value hard work. If you want to move up the ladder.Do not clock in and out on time.
Try to arrive in the office at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. Before you leave your work, ask your coworkers if they need any help.
Pros
They will teach you their work culture. Very punctual
Cons
Medical benefits
This company is terrible.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 1, 2015
This is my second review for the same company, indeed.com staff didn't post my first review. I wonder why... probably because it told the truth.

Anyway, a typical day at work involved working overtime for no pay. That's right, after 5pm, I would go home and have to check and look over my service calls for the day, then send emails about my activity because Sharp's phone app didn't even work properly, it was 100% glitched out. 2 hours a night for free. That's 2 hours I didn't get to see my kids.

Management: What can I say? There was none.

My co-workers: Were afraid of the service manager like he was The Grim Reaper.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with management, not even the customers or the machines themselves.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The day I gave my two week notice (which, by the way, at the end of the day they told me not to bother to come back to work my last 2 weeks).

Save yourself some misery and look elsewhere, possibly into a union job with good benefits, these types of companies exist to make mincemeat out of human beings.
Pros
Health insurance benefits were not bad at all.
Cons
Everything else. Company is inefficient and bloated beyond belief.
Not great
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2015
always risk lay offs. no information provided by management. people are over worked. benefits are good... quarterly bonuses are nice too but no appreciation from mgmt or recognition.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything
Fantastic Company to work for
committed, reliable, great support system (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 21, 2015
Sincerity is their virtue, fundamental to humanity. Harmony atmosphere, politeness is there motto.Future prosperity is directly linked to customers, dealers and the entire Sharp family.
Pros
monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations
Cons
very passionate about their job they forget it is a team project.
Big Company where you learn the in's/out of the product shipping routine
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 18, 2015
Big company where premium is put on efficient shipping of electronic items & quality control is at a premium; lots of workers so hard to get to know everyone unless there for awhile as high turnover rate
Pros
lowkey
Cons
language barriers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Electronics Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Sharp Electronics Corporation Reviews by Location