Sharp Electronics Corporation Employee Reviews

Great training in operating machinery.
MACHINE OPERATOR JULY (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILJanuary 27, 2016
My duty consisted of gathering all cardboard and operating the compactor. When full i bailed objects and loaded onto truck.
Pros
Great employees and team work
Cons
temporary
Formed many lasting relationships with great co workers
SIICA Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 11, 2015
My day consisted of working with Sales, Customer Service, Vendors, etc. to formulate monthly and fiscal budgets and monthly purchases. My forecast accuracy was consistently between 95% and 105%. The toughest part of my job was determining what information I was given was relevant to the forecast and purchase. I enjoyed seeing my accuracy positively affect the company's profitability.
Pros
Healthcare and benefits
Great Place to work
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJDecember 2, 2015
Great place to work. Good place to learn the corporate culture. Working environment was good, clean and safe. I would recommend working here.
Its a temporary assignment
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2015
I need something long term, for my family. I've have my Bachelors degree and I want to work in my desired field. Praying other opportunities come along.
Pros
Flexibility
Japanese working culture
System Engineer - Sales and Distribution (Former Employee) –  MalaysiaNovember 5, 2015
Long Hours:

You are expected to show your dedication as an employee by working long hours. Japanese culture tends to value hard work. If you want to move up the ladder.Do not clock in and out on time.
Try to arrive in the office at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. Before you leave your work, ask your coworkers if they need any help.
Pros
They will teach you their work culture. Very punctual
Cons
Medical benefits
This company is terrible.
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJNovember 1, 2015
This is my second review for the same company, indeed.com staff didn't post my first review. I wonder why... probably because it told the truth.

Anyway, a typical day at work involved working overtime for no pay. That's right, after 5pm, I would go home and have to check and look over my service calls for the day, then send emails about my activity because Sharp's phone app didn't even work properly, it was 100% glitched out. 2 hours a night for free. That's 2 hours I didn't get to see my kids.

Management: What can I say? There was none.

My co-workers: Were afraid of the service manager like he was The Grim Reaper.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with management, not even the customers or the machines themselves.

The most enjoyable part of the job: The day I gave my two week notice (which, by the way, at the end of the day they told me not to bother to come back to work my last 2 weeks).

Save yourself some misery and look elsewhere, possibly into a union job with good benefits, these types of companies exist to make mincemeat out of human beings.
Pros
Health insurance benefits were not bad at all.
Cons
Everything else. Company is inefficient and bloated beyond belief.
Not great
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJOctober 16, 2015
always risk lay offs. no information provided by management. people are over worked. benefits are good... quarterly bonuses are nice too but no appreciation from mgmt or recognition.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
everything
Fantastic Company to work for
committed, reliable, great support system (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJAugust 21, 2015
Sincerity is their virtue, fundamental to humanity. Harmony atmosphere, politeness is there motto.Future prosperity is directly linked to customers, dealers and the entire Sharp family.
Pros
monthly birthday and anniversary celebrations
Cons
very passionate about their job they forget it is a team project.
Big Company where you learn the in's/out of the product shipping routine
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 18, 2015
Big company where premium is put on efficient shipping of electronic items & quality control is at a premium; lots of workers so hard to get to know everyone unless there for awhile as high turnover rate
Pros
lowkey
Cons
language barriers
Wonderful company to work for, with great people and great benefits, and modern offices.
Expense Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 4, 2015
Administered the Highorbit System - Electronically tracked Requests for Approvals (RFAs) for various projects needed by Marketing,

Once the RFA was approved, created Purchase Requisition in SAP for a Purchase Order to be sent to vendor.

Maintained records in Access Database, of all approved expenses and payments made - to show status of accruals.

Processed invoices for payment in SAP and forwarded to Accounts Payable to process.

Responded to Vendor inquiries concerning status of Purchase Orders. and invoice payments.
People are great
Assistant Director, Demand Planning Audio (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 18, 2015
Days were intense and challenging, but that made the days move fast.
I grew up at this company - over the years I learned how to solve problems, how to investigate issues and come to productive conclusions in order to watch the bottom line.
I saw an industry grow with new inventions that at the beginning were only dreams. It was an exciting ride for so many years.
Co workers make the company and I had great ones. We talked situations over to gain different view points and different experiences from all who needed to be involved in the decision and came to conclusions that fit for every department when we need to solve a problem or change a process.
Management had turn overs in the past few years that made it unsettling since you had to learn each bosses way of handling the processes. Everyone came in with a different process and wanted to change to what they were use to not what was good for the company.
The hardest part was change that was not good for the company, but since it was management you had to follow their direction.
The most enjoyable part was of course the people. Learning from the culture and problem solving the issues. Love to dig deeper, analyze and report my findings.
Benefits
Cons
Volital times right now
Corporate/National Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
enjoyed my time there. Unfortunately company closed the department that I was working for. They decided to close theiratioanl program and more to a branch & dealer level.
Quality Focused Company
IT DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  ROMEOVILLE, ILMarch 9, 2015
Excellent Customer Hotline Call Center operations.
Strong focus on quality and kaizen continuous improvements.
Fact Data Information sharing with global locations to provide better service and prevent the same mistakes.
Pros
culture to improve quality of product and services
Cons
japanese dominent work decision making environment
The company was not profitable and this created an uncomfortable employment environment.
Tax Manager (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJFebruary 18, 2015
The company was running very lean and there was a great deal of pressure on its employees in terms of overtime. The company needed be more worker friendly.
Pros
employees were team oriented which made the environment livable.
Cons
the overtime made employees question their long term tenure.
great company to work for
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILNovember 19, 2014
sharp electronics is a great place to work at. everyone from fellow employees to management were very nice, treating everyone like family, but firm enough to keep you on your toes to get the work done.
Horrible place to work & the company management lies!
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 8, 2014
They come off as a great place to work but their training is almost obsolete and the team's are rude & unhelpful, to say the very least! But if you enjoy cheating people and lying to individuals to make a sell then you will fit in with the company culture! They portrayed themselves to be people who they are NOT and shift blame on to others within the company and there is a huge division! Their benefits are great but if you have a code of ethics, then I suggest that you look elsewhere for employment! But without these individuals I would have never met the great people that I work with, now!
Pros
great benefits
Cons
no ethical boundaries
Corporate Company with excellent pay and benefits
Sales Coordinator - Copier Sales Division (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILSeptember 29, 2014
I supported a sales force of 11 persons in the high volume copier industry. I worked alone for the majority of the time until month end and the sales staff would travel from various parts of the country to close business. It was challenging at time due to demands of the corporate office, but very rewarding when the day was done. I worked with a wonderful group of people that I looked forward to seeing each month when they would come in for close.
Pros
excellent benefits & wages
Cons
various stressful work times
fun work place
internal Tech customer support (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILAugust 28, 2014
start work early and get off late , I pretty can do almost everything during my 6 years there .
Pros
30 minutes and two 15 minutes breaks
Cons
heathcare
stable and alot of team work
centrix (Current Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAAugust 13, 2014
I loved working there because I got to work as a team with a lot of people and I got have fun and learn alt of experience with this company.
Great brand and great company
Senior Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJJuly 21, 2014
Very good place to work. Great brand and great work culture.