Sharp Grossmont Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, being apart of team that can't afford to waste time , be ready for anything at anytime,
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 20, 2016
Excellent experience, working in the Operating Room, steady pace, Daily challenges, you see something new everyday, its another family, a home away from home. overall it just feels good to know you are making a difference in peoples lives that you done even know.
Pros
I like the pot lucks.......
Cons
you can break when you get home.....
rewarding job with a lot of work
Host (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 22, 2016
our shifts star early in the morning depending on what floor youre in charge of taking orders for. you take the diet orders of every patient depending on their diets and then deliver it to them. our management can be rude at times but also very helpful. the coworkers mind their own business and some can be short tempered sometimes. hardest part of the job is staying alert for 10 hours being alert enough to give the patient the right meal plan. I enjoy getting to know my patients through communication and excellent service.
Pros
helping patients get well through nutrition
Cons
long hours with a lot of work
Sharp is a great place to work. Encouraging and supportive work environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 25, 2016
Sharp is a great place to work. Encouraging and supportive work environment. I was able to grow and Sharp helped me become the health care professional I am today.
Friendly...High alert!
Operator (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed the people that I worked with, and I liked the job overall. I answered a lot of calls, which I directed calls to desired location, and while answering calls, also had to respond to all emergencies going on in the hospital, which we had to call out throughout the entire hospital, so the Doctors, could respond to the call outs asap.
Pros
People I worked with.
Cons
no set schedule.
Excellent employee support and ethical environment!
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJune 26, 2016
Sharp Healthcare is a great employer. I work in the Behavioral Health department in a hospital setting. Lots of work, often stressful, but Sharp is a fantastic employer.
a great place to work
Materials/System Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I love it here. The only reason I'm leaving is to relocate. I've been here for 15 years and will miss everyone. Pay could be a little more but overall Sharp is a great company to work for.
Fast paced environment where teamwork is key
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 6, 2016
* fast paced environment where you're constantly moving. Transporting patients, cleaning equipment, starting and completing exams. constant communication with physicians, nurses, techs, and radiologists from every department.
*Learned patient safety is the most important
*Management is there for a reason. In a team there are leaders and those who must follow direction. Managers are there to see things ran smoothly.
*I love my co-workers and they love me. More of a family than co-workers.
*Hardest part of the job is seeing patients not do well (especially children). Empathizing for patients in horrible situations can be hard at times. Only drives me to deliver the best patient care I can to all my patients.
*Seeing Patients thrive and overcome. Knowing that my team and I gave the patient the best chance
Best Place to work
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work. Full support from management and staff. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Great place to learn and improve skills.
Excellent place to work and great staff
Lead MRI Technologist (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Great place to work. Great staff members. I supervised a great group of people in an excellent department. Most enjoyable part of job was interaction with patients and patient care.
Pros
great staff
Cons
short staffed
Typical hospital setting
Acute RN Medical/Surgical Transition Care Unit (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2016
Worked in Medical/Surgical Unit and Transitional Care Unit as a Registered Nurse. Staffing was okay, management was okay, co workers were helpful.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Staffing
Sharp is a great employer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 25, 2016
Loved working here, Great environment, nice people. Benefits are great. Good job security and advancement opportunities. Sharp experience is the best.
Emergency Medicine
Emergency Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 13, 2015
The time spent at Grossmont Hospital were the best 5 years of my young adulthood. I worked in the emergency department, where I was able to meet and work alongside some incredible people.
Pros
Outstanding physicians. Organized.
Cons
constant new staff. Mostly new grad RNS
Hard working
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAOctober 5, 2015
Long time employee with Sharp Healthcare. Learn a lot about patient care. know being a team player is a must. Willing to learn new things in job to perform at my best. Have worked in different departments learning more as I go. Happy to do what best fits job type and what is best for patient.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Emotional in some departments
Strong hospital with great core values
Certified Surgical Technician Pier Diem (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2015
Sharp Grossmont is a level 1 trauma hospital that provides all services in the O,R. Days are quite busy and cases are put everywhere every few minutes it's changes. You must pay strict attention and ask questions to double and triple check assignment. Several changes in department personnel running the board thru out the day can be confusing. That makes is hard for me but I manage to develop a system of excessive communication to stay on top of the game for direction.
Pros
The staff loved my presence. I precepted co-workers all of the time. Cases were pulled excellent.
Cons
It had a factory feel, Shared lockers. Small O.R.s. Small Lounge
Wonderful organization
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 6, 2015
The training I received while on the job was both valuable and rewarding. This was a fun place to work. Sharp Healthcare is superior in healthcare.
Pros
organized, professionalism
Cons
unsure
Safe work environment
Nurse's Assistant (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJune 9, 2015
Sharp Grossmont Hospital has prevented certain employees from moving up in their own workplace. Management and human resources are not able to help these individuals. To me, this is not morally or ethically sound, and is discriminatory.

On the brighter side, my coworkers are for the most part supportive and easy to work with. The easiest part of my job is the fact that I enjoy working with my patients, but the hardest part is managing my time and tasks to be completed in all the business of the units. It is a very busy place.
Pros
make my own schedule
Cons
Put patient satisfaction, and money above needs of employees
Excellent place for a comfortable career
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 2, 2015
Sharp Grossmont takes great care of their employees and allows them to grow within the company. It is a very stable environment fundamentally but you will come across the policitical aspect of hospital culture as with all hospitals. Overall, a great place to work.
Pros
Great benefits and retirement compensation
care about their employees
Healthcare Partner- Medical Intensive Care Unit (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2015
Great environment to work and provide great customer service which is their number one priority. The people that work there are helpful and willing to teach in a manner that allows great opportunity for me to learn. The employees really do live up to the hospitals slogan of providing the "Sharp Experience"
productive hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 26, 2015
Sharp Grossmont Hospital , is a great hospital , very well managed and consisted of 600+ beds. general hospital with major departments serving a huge community.
Pros
job security
productive
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 28, 2014
a typical day is serving patients. making trays according to special diets, delivering carts, and picking up old trays. i learned lots of different diets, and medical terminology.management sucks, ordering people around like slaves and having favoritism with certain workers. hardest part of the job is dealing with management. the most enjoyable part is working with patients and seeing the smiles on their faces after serving them.
Pros
networking, patients
Cons
management

4.4