Sharp Grossmont Hospital Employee Reviews

Friendly Atmosphere
NICU Clinical Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 7, 2017
Everyone is always with smiles. Sometimes it can be very busy and unsafe with very short staffing. However, staff rally together most of the time and get the job done. Although, fatigue from overwork sets-in very quickly with some having to go on leave of absence and/or sick leave, which brings back the issue of inadequate staffing.
Pros
Great people to work with.
Cons
short staff and sometimes no breaks.
Sgh
Advanced Clinician, Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 3, 2017
even with the pay raise this year, we are not fairly compensated compared to other hospital systems. We have a very close team on my current unit, however, upper management seems to be money driven and not nurse/patient driven.
Lively Staff and Team Oriented
Dietary Hostess (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942May 9, 2017
Great hospital to work for. I loved my co workers and managers; but I loved the experiences with my patients most! I was so driven to meet and beat every patients expectations and make their experience the best one they have had yet !
Great Company
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 1, 2017
I loved working here - great company to work for I hope to be hired as a new grad RN. They are great to their employees and offer great pay and benefits
Rn
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 26, 2017
Always busy. Hard to get everything done. Management is understanding but seems like she can not do much to help. Work place culture is okay. The benefits are ok.
great company
Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAApril 4, 2017
hands on learning opportunities for those growing in the medical field, great staff and physicians, lots of room to grow, all medical needs provided for all staff
Pros
growth
Cons
breaks too short
good people bad managment
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 30, 2017
It is overall good place to work, friendly co-workers, clean work place, most are very helpful and caring. But micro-management from back office can make the day very stressful.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
managment
Speech department works as a team.
Graduate Student Clinician (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 22, 2017
All speech language pathologists are open to helping each other with therapy ideas. Each day is balanced between work and taking breaks. While being serious about getting one's work done the speech team makes it a point to stop and clock out for a short lunch break together.
Pros
Great comeraderie!
Cons
Weekend work
Typical day in labor and delivery
Unit Clerk for the Labor and Delivery Department (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 12, 2016
Right now I am a Unit Clerk (HCP) and work in Labor and Delivery.
I help a combined staff of 18 professional and ancillary staff. I check in triage patients, make charts for new admissions, verify the billing paper is complete, call MD's for delivery/epidurals/emergencies. The hardest part of the job was syncing everything together, after a couple of years it becomes very easy now. The employees are pretty close since we work 12 hour shifts, they become your family.
Pros
the coworkers
Cons
mangement
good place to work
Housekeeping/ EVS (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CA 91942December 9, 2016
good working environment. good co workers, learned how to be productive and multi tasking, overall its a good place to work

Want to know more about Sharp Grossmont Hospital?

Ask a question
Patient-oriented
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CANovember 16, 2016
Patient oriented hospital that strives to go above and beyond for it's patients. Kind and loving staff always there for there patients and their families
Great Place to Start a Retail Career
Nutrition Aide (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAOctober 23, 2016
During my time as a Nutrition Aid, which still includes the present, I have gained so much experience through interacting with fellow employees and the patients we delivered food to. Every day i'm at the hospital, it is essential that I talk to everyone in the kitchen and make sure they are not in need of any help. After i'm done with my check, or done with aiding someone who said they needed help, I begin my journey around the hospital to deliver every tray given. This position was originally frustrating to me, but after I experienced the appreciation of both the employees and the patients, I began to love this job and I began to love this hospital.
Pros
Free Lunches, Personal Interaction, Experience with Food Preperation.
Cons
Can be very busy at times, depending on how many patients there are in the hospital.
Productive place to work
Clinical Laboratory Scientist (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 15, 2016
The lab keeps you up on your feet. Pleasant co-workers. A place to learn new things. A busy lab but with team work it makes the load manageable. A little short staff.
Sharp is a great place to work. Encouraging and supportive work environment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 25, 2016
Sharp is a great place to work. Encouraging and supportive work environment. I was able to grow and Sharp helped me become the health care professional I am today.
Best Place to work
Clinical Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 18, 2016
Great place to work. Full support from management and staff. Co-workers are great and easy to work with. Great place to learn and improve skills.
Excellent employee support and ethical environment!
Psychologist (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJune 26, 2016
Sharp Healthcare is a great employer. I work in the Behavioral Health department in a hospital setting. Lots of work, often stressful, but Sharp is a fantastic employer.
a great place to work
Materials/System Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2016
I love it here. The only reason I'm leaving is to relocate. I've been here for 15 years and will miss everyone. Pay could be a little more but overall Sharp is a great company to work for.
Productive, being apart of team that can't afford to waste time , be ready for anything at anytime,
Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 20, 2016
Excellent experience, working in the Operating Room, steady pace, Daily challenges, you see something new everyday, its another family, a home away from home. overall it just feels good to know you are making a difference in peoples lives that you done even know.
Pros
I like the pot lucks.......
Cons
you can break when you get home.....
Sharp is a great employer
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 25, 2016
Loved working here, Great environment, nice people. Benefits are great. Good job security and advancement opportunities. Sharp experience is the best.
rewarding job with a lot of work
Host (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 22, 2016
our shifts star early in the morning depending on what floor youre in charge of taking orders for. you take the diet orders of every patient depending on their diets and then deliver it to them. our management can be rude at times but also very helpful. the coworkers mind their own business and some can be short tempered sometimes. hardest part of the job is staying alert for 10 hours being alert enough to give the patient the right meal plan. I enjoy getting to know my patients through communication and excellent service.
Pros
helping patients get well through nutrition
Cons
long hours with a lot of work