Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews in United States

great team, supportive management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2015
I have been at Sharp working in REHAB for about five years. I love the staff. I find the management very involved and accessible. The compensation commiserates with norms in the area and they remain competitive. I have worked for several hospital based health care systems in the past, and by far, in terms of employee retention and patient care; Sharp by far exceeds the others.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
paperwork
Great place to work.
team leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
Typical day is making sure everyone has the tools in place so that they are able to do their jobs well. Very supportive management, More about their patients and the community they serve. Certain amount of red tape politics but navigation of this environment is very educational and allows for personal growth. Very fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Ability to grow personally and professionally
Great overall Mission for the community it serves
SR SYSTEMS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 30, 2016
I think Sharp Healthcare offers many opportunities for its employees and strives to be the best place to work, practice medicine and seek healthcare

Typical day is filled with learning opportunities, incorporating Hospital, Clinic, and Claims opportunities. Busy between meetings with internal and external customers within IT and the Business operations we support. Co-Workers work well together often covering for one another to get the job done In the most efficient and timely manner. I enjoyed the diversity of work available and never getting bored. Hardest part of the job was juggling on-call and daily work load
Pros
pay, co-workers, flexible schedule and telecomuting
Cons
short breaks and extremely high workload due to turnover in department
Gave me valuable experience while still in high school
Hospital Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 29, 2016
This internship entailed various things. For example, working in the Pharmacy warehouse had me come in at 9, take a detailed list of the different medications required by the front desk, and go and search the warehouse for whatever was needed, in order of importance. Management was kind and welcoming, and tried their best to welcome and involve a young teenager in the busy workplace of a hospital. The hardest part of the internship was definitely the nursing department, where I was tasked with watching over newborns. It's never easy taking care of child, much less a newborn! All in all it gave me valuable experience that will help me throughout my career, whether that be in healthcare or elsewhere.
Pros
free lunch, long breaks, easy to follow instructions
Ok place to work, lots of politics
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 19, 2015
Department I worked in was very busy. Typical day included checking in and out patients. Verifying insurance. Collecting co-pays, scheduling, phones.. Etc. not much upper management support. Lots of employees were stressed out but put up a fake smile when management decided to show their face. Hard to advance. Over worked employees. If an older location, desk sometimes uncomfortable. Including the black Blazers you might have to wear. Shared issues and concern from management. Got ignored. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get hired at a great location. Beware. Keep to yourself. Stay out of the drama and pettiness the management feeds into and you'll be just fine.Worked at this location for almost 4 years.. I hear it's getting worse.
Pros
Bonuses, co-workers (team players), 1 hour lunch
Cons
management, pay, over worked staff
On-Call opportunity
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 8, 2016
This was an on-call opportunity that helped to fill in the gaps. However, while there I was exposed to Quint Studer methodologies which is something I have become passionate about today in health care.

My ER opportunity allowed me to serve patients while I completed my Bachelor's program. It kept me current with technologies, process improvement, and how to engage with management and I now use it to engage with employees!
Pros
Quint Studer Methodologies
Cons
pay
Incredible organization to work for
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJune 17, 2016
Handled patient registration, copay collection, assisting patients with general questions, managed front office to include greeting patients, vendors and sales reps.
I learned IDX medical software, details of numerous health insurance plans.
Great management which catered to their employees.
Wonderful coworkers, with a strong team spirit.
I truly enjoyed servicing patients with insurance/billing questions as well as directing them within the offices.
challenging environment to work in. managing construction with a non-construction culture
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Grossmont, CAApril 15, 2016
A typical day is filled with challenges and obstacles to overcome
I learned it is difficult to be a Construction Manager that is not an Construction environment
My direct supervisor is excellent, but overall I do not feel I get the support from management necessary to perform my duties
I have wonderful co-workers. They make my job better.
Hardest part is dealing with non-performing contractors and senior management
Working with my colleagues and enjoying the successes achieving milestones
Pros
excellent healthcare benefits
Cons
low paying
Overall company culture is great
Patient Financial Services Team Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 4, 2016
The organization is a great place to work. The Sharp Experience is a wonderful mind set that is embodied for both the patients and employees. I have learned much about healthcare in the years that I worked at Sharp Healthcare and have enjoyed watching the business transform through the challenging times of Healthcare Reform.
Pros
Great staff and team mates
Cons
Growth can be challenging as it is very competitive to get to the next level
great company
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 24, 2016
Good company to work for, need to be able to advance more in my career using my license for my future. Good co workers, this is a great company

Want to know more about Sharp HealthCare?

Ask a question
ok
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
High stress with little- to- no positive managerial input - only hear from them when there is a problem.
Good benefits. Co-workers friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
no positive feedback from management
I am so proud of the company I work for.
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2016
Sharp HealthCare was just named, along with six other U.S. health systems, one of the 'World's Most Ethical Companies'. When you are an employee it is easy to see why The "Sharp Experience", giving all of our customers the best service possible, is how we operate. I could not be prouder of the work we all do and the respect we have from our patients and community.

Sharp recently partnered with the San Diego Humane Society to host a Furry Stress Relief Event so employees could go outside and play with rescue animals on their break. What could be better?
Pros
It is an amazing place to work.
Great place to be to contribute to a great healthcare team
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2016
- Great work environment
- Learned "Sharp Experience" customer service
- Completed advanced cardiac training
- Flexibility
- Good benefits
- Most enjoyable part was to be exposed to various Sharp units and obtain multiple clinical skills
The Sharp Experience
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work - an organization that values their employees as well as their patients. Great opportunities within the organization to learn and grow. Great benefits, too. They strive to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care and they live their mission and values.
Pros
Large company, good opportunities for growth, great benefits
Cons
Very few cons to working there
Good place to work.
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San DiegoSeptember 15, 2015
A typical day involved checking up and making progress, where possible, on open issues, meeting with clients and/or co-workers to tackle group projects or disseminate new tasks, handling day-to-day operational problems (mostly troubleshooting/resolution of incidental issues), and updating processes and documentation. Most of my co-workers at Sharp were wonderful people you could best describe as smart, fun, and helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the minority of people who didn't fit that description, and re-prioritizing work at a moment's notice when new issues cropped up. The most enjoyable part of the job was the sense of accomplishment one felt upon completion of a task, especially since most of the major items were group efforts that everyone worked on over the course of several weeks if not months. For the most part, Sharp also did a good job of making sure its employees knew they were appreciated.
Pros
Positive emphasis on team participation; lots of opportunity for charity work
Cons
Office politics could make or break a person
The best place to work, practice medicine and receive care...
Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
I absolutely loved Sharp HealthCare. A wonderful place to work - with top notch leadership and so very many opportunities to contribute to a non-profit organization with its heart in the right place. I would recommend anyone in San Diego to take the opportunity to work there if you really want to make an impact on health care in the area.
Pros
Fantastic leadership, good benefits, lots of opportunities for a variety of skills.
Cons
Big organizations sometimes take longer to make changes
Sharp has an efficient Lab
CPT-1 (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2015
Sharp Health is a well recognized healthcare system. They have a great work environment with opportunities for advancement. They are also very competitive with salary and benefits.
Pros
Pay
Cons
work hours
Best place I every worked
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sharp healthcare. A typical day at work was really varied. Supporting customers with Information technologies and helping them understand what I was doing to correct their issues. The best bosses ever.
Pros
Working independently and with coworkers.
Cons
On call hours sometimes.
Most employees' are smiling & happy. They also reach out to help if needed.
(SRN), Clerical Assistant III (Current Employee) –  8695 Spectrum Center Blvd., San Diego, CADecember 4, 2015
Because I moved from Corp. offices to all of the hospitals including Sharp-Rees Steely would require a break down of all facilities within Sharp HealthCare. It has been 7 years of interaction w/ others and difficult to remember it all.
Pros
Gifts for celebrating something that was outstanding or just a thank you to the employees.
Cons
As a Sharp Resource Network (SRN) employee it is moving from place to place and having no security.
Productive and professional
Account Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
Sharp is a secure place to work that allows you to voice your concerns in a safe and confidential way. Employees are treated with respect and are made a priority.
Pros
INCENTIVES
Cons
MICROMANAGEMENT

4.2