Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

They do not have strong management
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2017
A typical day requires you to be in 5+ meetings and then still get all your work done in a 8 hour day with no overtime.

They talk about being lean and processes, but there are no actions behind the words. Processes will be thrown out the window because someone sends an email and managers do not how to support and defend their team.
Unappreciated
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 30, 2017
-Rude patients
-Learned many different skills
-Management could be a lot better
-workplace culture is great
-Hardest part is dealing with unappreciative people
-Most enjoyable part is working with the great people
Great company
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with Sharp, the culture was great and the benefits were also very good. I moved up very quickly in my department and realized that the opportunities for advancement beyond where I was were very few and far between.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
limited advancment opportunities
Produtive work environment
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
Great work environment, I personally work in different hospital departments as Unit Clerk.
I learn something new every day and work with different nurses and doctors. I do like the possibility to make a change and help in different floors, coworkers and patients.
I also would like to have a better management outlook in different department/floors.
Pros
Inside jobs preferences
Cons
Per-diem don't get any health insurance! No float pool-srs
good!
Retail Sales, Papaya Clothing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
it was awesome, people are fun and very ethical to work with. It is a very awesome place to work at ! Workers are very nice and very helpful, there is a lot of team work going on there!
workplace
SRN CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
always on the go and flexible hours. Needs to be prepare to come to work since you are on call Nursing assistant. busy and be prepare to what location they will give you and unit to work at.. be flexible and adjust right away in any circumstances
Pros
flexible
Cons
dont expect beyond your expectation
Sharp has been my home since 1999
Clinical Documentation and Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mixture of remote and in-office employmentApril 22, 2017
I enjoy my coworkers, previous supervisors and role. Creating positive relationships with physicians and coders has been amazing. Despite some issues, I would recommend Sharp Healthcare as a great place to work as a non-supervisory employee.
Pros
Dedicated to excellent patient care, pay is commensurate with systems in the county, benefits are excellent
Cons
Supervisory-level and above seems disattatched from ground-level experiences.
I like it here
Registered Nurse In-Patient Hospice (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 22, 2017
A great place to work. Like anywhere, it's what you make it. I worked for the internal registry which pays more per hour than being fulltime but you don't get PTO and you're more likely to have your shift cancelled if the census is low.
Great environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 19, 2017
The company was somewhat new (SCMG) and it was wonderful working there. I had previously worked processing claims so it was familiar. Nice people great work place
Pros
great healthcare
Fun place to work
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San DiegoApril 13, 2017
Great place to work, they provide a lot of opportunities to advance in your career. I work in the Surgery department and you never get bored with doing the same thing over and over again.
A stellar Hospital, great benefits, Good feedback. I took great care in my transcribing dictation from physicians with accents.
Lead Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2017
My work experience with Sharp has been exemplary. I learned so much about acute hospital management. Interacting with the business office was very positive. The most enjoyable part of the job was the learning about all phases of medical records, diagnoses, treatment and care.
Top 100 Wired Organizations
Project Manager/Senior System Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 10, 2017
The IT management has undergone changes in the last 2 years and with these changes there has been a bit of staff turn over. Many with years of expertise have left.
No one listened
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 7, 2017
When I started, I thought everything was perfect. However as I stayed, I noticed that none of my managers cared about what I had to say or my work schedule. I was going to school so I wanted to work day shift. I asked for 3 months straight to be moved from night shift to day shift and no progress. Some says I would get off of work at 7AM and have to go straight to class after working 12 hours. They did not care.
Pros
Working only 3 days, good pay.
Straight forward work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 4, 2017
I did enjoy this job. I found at times that they were so eager to please patients that it often was at the cost of taking their side over employees often upsetting employees. The wages are average for this area with UCSD and Kaiser paying more for a similar job title. My managers were excellent.
Pros
Light workload
Cons
Average pay and too much focus on satisfaction of patients over good care
There is redundency and there are gaps
N/A (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 2, 2017
Some areas have duplicative jobs or the jobs too specialized. There are serious workflow issues, which leads to a lack of productivity and a focus on the big picture. It's difficult to stay focused on goals or to enjoy working here due to these conditions. Otherwise, the people are smart and everyone appreciates the work-life balance culture.
Great Place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 27, 2017
I loved working here - I would still be here if we hadn't moved out of state. The people are great to work with and the moral fiber of this company is one of the best out there.
great benefits, morals and job security
Human Resources Payroll Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2017
I love working for Sharp Healthcare. The culture is great. We practice and implement the Sharp Experience on a daily basis. Everyone is respectful amongst one another and they really care for you and the patients here. The BENEFITS are amazing!
Pros
benefits, pay
Culture of Kindness
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2017
Sharp made the Becker's Healthcare list of 150 Great Places to Work in HealthCare for 2017 and rightfully so. I am so proud to tell people that I work at Sharp HealthCare. It is such a culture of kindness where every single person is valued and respected. I have worked for many companies but Sharp is by far the best place I have ever worked and I will be calling Sharp my home and my family for the next 40 years (my expected retirement date). I wake up every morning excited to go to work. I am grateful to work at Sharp and I definitely do not take the opportunity to work at Sharp for granted. Applying to Sharp and accepting a position here was one of the most intelligent decisions that I have ever made.
Pros
culture of kindness, respect and professional growth
Cons
I have been trying to think of something to put down but I am coming up with nothing.
Outsourcing buisness/support deptartments
Director (Current Employee) –  SpecgtrumMarch 15, 2017
Company is losing good employees and patients due to possible outsourcing and poor management. Seems to be continually losing awards, city rankings etc. Budgets keep getting cut, benefits and raises keep getting cut. It's not looking good. If you dont have good employees, you wont have a successfulm company.
Pros
Used to be a great place
Cons
All SRS Management is horrendous and a laughing stock in the industry
Enjoyed Every moment
PC Tech/Support Contractor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 11, 2017
Everyday was a new experience between the people I worked with was very nice and helpful.enjoyed going out to most of the site locations and meeting new people every day.
Pros
Great overall experence
Cons
contract came to an end, no complaints about the job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2