Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Fast Paced
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 10, 2017
I am currently per diem and though the work place is good. It is difficult to find a full-time job because I am per diem. I work fluctuating hours with no benefits.
It's an OK nursing job
RN (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2017
Comparing the benefits and salary to other local companies Sharp is on the lower end of the totem pole, even after the bargains and threatening to make us strike.
Exciting place to work at
Clerical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2017
A good place to work at. Benefits are great and so are the working schedule. Get the ability to meet people from specialities and learn from them also.
Nothing more to say.
Department Secretary (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 24, 2017
Nothing more to say.
I do not anything to say about this this company or working for them.
I love to help my customers.
Short breaks and lunches.
Pros
I love to help my customers.
Cons
Short breaks and lunches.
No Opportunity
Clerical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2017
No Opportunity over all... stated in last comment learned the same thing everyday... Culture was ok.. The hardest part was not knowing when your assignment was going to end or to see if they are going to keep/ hire you.. or not knowing where your going to be placed. Enjoyable part was meeting new people
Pros
All staff, pot lucks
Cons
health care, not getting hired full time, no opportunity
Great company
HEALTHCARE ASSISTANT/UNIT CLERK (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2017
Sharp healthcare is a great company to work for. There is room for advancement and they value their employees. I would return if the opportunity arises.
Good
Psychiatric Hospital Concierge (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 13, 2017
Clinical rotations. Great learning opportunity. A lot of hands on experiences with the provider who is very knowledgable in their field. Great work environment.
sharp health care security
Security officer and emergency medical response (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 23, 2017
its a great job not a career. I'm very thankful to have worked for and with sharp its truly an amazing company. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking to work in the security field.
Ok pay, caring Supervisors, not so great raises, about average.
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 17, 2017
The office I worked in was very linked to reimbursement for
the hospital and that makes an office a little more competitive
and driven. The pace was always stressful due to upper
management demands, which has since been changed. I
have heard it is much better now. I really enjoyed my office
and my Supervisor, he was a very nice person. All in all a
really nice place to work with a lot of employee perks.
Pros
Employee recognition, every month offices could win bonus if they met their goals
Cons
Upper Management needed a shake up, they were unpleasant and had formed a clique attitude.
Progressive employer
Access Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2017
Sharp Healthcare is a progressive, diverse,innovative employer. One's job description may vary,working in an acute care Trauma hospital is a fast pace,learning environment. There's always continuous growth and opportunities to learn. SHARP Healthcare is San Diego's largest employer and by far the most reasonably priced employer based insurance and benefits.
Pros
Benefits, diverse, educational, easy commute
Cons
N/a
Patient Service Rep - Front Office
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 12, 2017
A typical day would include checking in patients and ensuring their billing was secure, and collect co-pays accordingly.

Learning specific details about the various insurance programs was continuous.

Management consisted of the RN's who would receive the patients and provide the necessary care.

Very fast pace, ability to multi-task, and handle various types of billing for medical insurance is a must.

The hardest part of this job was when it was necessary to turn patients away if they arrived ten minutes past their scheduled appointment time.

The most enjoyable part of this job was knowing that I was able to intake a patient who was in need of medical care.
Great Place to Work
Team Leader Commercial Contracts, QC Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2017
I enjoyed working for Sharp. They were always striving for the best patient experience. Management was great and always willing to help you grow. I would recommend them to work for.
Pros
Fulfilling place to work
Covered CA seems to be a lot of their problems.
Health Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 1, 2017
Much confusion in getting the income guidelines correct from Covered CA along with getting everyone in the family covered. In California they put the kids under 18 into Medical which is another nightmare.
Pros
Well known & good reputation.
Cons
To many catheters for too long a time & now no diapers.
Quick-paced, always different
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2017
Sharp mission is to always strive to provide the best care, best place to practice medicine. Leadership motivates staff to become educated, strive for more certification, take on more responsability.
They do not have strong management
Senior Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 11, 2017
A typical day requires you to be in 5+ meetings and then still get all your work done in a 8 hour day with no overtime.

They talk about being lean and processes, but there are no actions behind the words. Processes will be thrown out the window because someone sends an email and managers do not how to support and defend their team.
Unappreciated
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 30, 2017
-Rude patients
-Learned many different skills
-Management could be a lot better
-workplace culture is great
-Hardest part is dealing with unappreciative people
-Most enjoyable part is working with the great people
Great company
Account Analyst II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working with Sharp, the culture was great and the benefits were also very good. I moved up very quickly in my department and realized that the opportunities for advancement beyond where I was were very few and far between.
Pros
Culture is great
Cons
limited advancment opportunities
Produtive work environment
Unit Clerk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 18, 2017
Great work environment, I personally work in different hospital departments as Unit Clerk.
I learn something new every day and work with different nurses and doctors. I do like the possibility to make a change and help in different floors, coworkers and patients.
I also would like to have a better management outlook in different department/floors.
Pros
Inside jobs preferences
Cons
Per-diem don't get any health insurance! No float pool-srs
good!
Retail Sales, Papaya Clothing (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 9, 2017
it was awesome, people are fun and very ethical to work with. It is a very awesome place to work at ! Workers are very nice and very helpful, there is a lot of team work going on there!
workplace
SRN CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 25, 2017
always on the go and flexible hours. Needs to be prepare to come to work since you are on call Nursing assistant. busy and be prepare to what location they will give you and unit to work at.. be flexible and adjust right away in any circumstances
Pros
flexible
Cons
dont expect beyond your expectation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.