Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

I am so proud of the company I work for.
Employee (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 9, 2016
Sharp HealthCare was just named, along with six other U.S. health systems, one of the 'World's Most Ethical Companies'. When you are an employee it is easy to see why The "Sharp Experience", giving all of our customers the best service possible, is how we operate. I could not be prouder of the work we all do and the respect we have from our patients and community.

Sharp recently partnered with the San Diego Humane Society to host a Furry Stress Relief Event so employees could go outside and play with rescue animals on their break. What could be better?
Pros
It is an amazing place to work.
On-Call opportunity
Access Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAFebruary 8, 2016
This was an on-call opportunity that helped to fill in the gaps. However, while there I was exposed to Quint Studer methodologies which is something I have become passionate about today in health care.

My ER opportunity allowed me to serve patients while I completed my Bachelor's program. It kept me current with technologies, process improvement, and how to engage with management and I now use it to engage with employees!
Pros
Quint Studer Methodologies
Cons
pay
Best place I every worked
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 10, 2016
I really enjoyed working at Sharp healthcare. A typical day at work was really varied. Supporting customers with Information technologies and helping them understand what I was doing to correct their issues. The best bosses ever.
Pros
Working independently and with coworkers.
Cons
On call hours sometimes.
great team, supportive management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2015
I have been at Sharp working in REHAB for about five years. I love the staff. I find the management very involved and accessible. The compensation commiserates with norms in the area and they remain competitive. I have worked for several hospital based health care systems in the past, and by far, in terms of employee retention and patient care; Sharp by far exceeds the others.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
paperwork
Most employees' are smiling & happy. They also reach out to help if needed.
(SRN), Clerical Assistant III (Current Employee) –  8695 Spectrum Center Blvd., San Diego, CADecember 4, 2015
Because I moved from Corp. offices to all of the hospitals including Sharp-Rees Steely would require a break down of all facilities within Sharp HealthCare. It has been 7 years of interaction w/ others and difficult to remember it all.
Pros
Gifts for celebrating something that was outstanding or just a thank you to the employees.
Cons
As a Sharp Resource Network (SRN) employee it is moving from place to place and having no security.
Great place to work.
team leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
Typical day is making sure everyone has the tools in place so that they are able to do their jobs well. Very supportive management, More about their patients and the community they serve. Certain amount of red tape politics but navigation of this environment is very educational and allows for personal growth. Very fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Ability to grow personally and professionally
Ok place to work, lots of politics
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 19, 2015
Department I worked in was very busy. Typical day included checking in and out patients. Verifying insurance. Collecting co-pays, scheduling, phones.. Etc. not much upper management support. Lots of employees were stressed out but put up a fake smile when management decided to show their face. Hard to advance. Over worked employees. If an older location, desk sometimes uncomfortable. Including the black Blazers you might have to wear. Shared issues and concern from management. Got ignored. Sometimes you'll get lucky and get hired at a great location. Beware. Keep to yourself. Stay out of the drama and pettiness the management feeds into and you'll be just fine.Worked at this location for almost 4 years.. I hear it's getting worse.
Pros
Bonuses, co-workers (team players), 1 hour lunch
Cons
management, pay, over worked staff
great company
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMarch 24, 2016
Good company to work for, need to be able to advance more in my career using my license for my future. Good co workers, this is a great company
The Sharp Experience
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work - an organization that values their employees as well as their patients. Great opportunities within the organization to learn and grow. Great benefits, too. They strive to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care and they live their mission and values.
Pros
Large company, good opportunities for growth, great benefits
Cons
Very few cons to working there
Fun Fast Paced Environment
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 5, 2015
I enjoyed working for Sharp in the imaging department. This is where I learned how to verify insurance, collect funds, schedule imaging exams, learn how to prep patient for imaging exams and get pre-authorizations.
Pros
Learning, fast paced
The best place to work, practice medicine and receive care...
Sr. Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 17, 2015
I absolutely loved Sharp HealthCare. A wonderful place to work - with top notch leadership and so very many opportunities to contribute to a non-profit organization with its heart in the right place. I would recommend anyone in San Diego to take the opportunity to work there if you really want to make an impact on health care in the area.
Pros
Fantastic leadership, good benefits, lots of opportunities for a variety of skills.
Cons
Big organizations sometimes take longer to make changes
ok
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 2, 2015
High stress with little- to- no positive managerial input - only hear from them when there is a problem.
Good benefits. Co-workers friendly and helpful.
Pros
Good health benefits
Cons
no positive feedback from management
Learn to shoot good x-rays but no cross-training
Radiologic Technologist w/fluoro (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CAMay 2, 2015
Sharp grossmont does not cross train. From my understanding from speaking with fellow technologists from other facilities Grossmont is not as competitive in pay. It could be worse, but for an entity so large as Sharp it could be better. Techs are understaffed and thus often over worked. Best thing about Grossmont is that you learn to shoot really good x-rays because standards are pretty strict compared to other locations
Pros
learn good x-ray positioning
Cons
no cross training
Sharp HealthCare
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2015
Sharp HealthCare has more than 18,000 employees and is considered San Diego County's largest employer next to the military.

Having initiated "The Sharp Experience," in 2001, they are leading the way in changing how people experience health care in Southern California by setting standards and then holding themselves accountable.

Their leadership are experts in their field and of the highest integrity. Employees trust level is exceedingly high.
Pros
Excellent benefits, working environment and commitment to employees, patients and physicians/nurses.
work
DME Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2015
the most I enjoyed about my job was being able to help my patients and going above and beyond for them, if ever there was something I could not get covered for them I would try my hardest to get an alternative for them.
Pros
getting to help people
Cons
not being to express your concerns openly
very productive and patient centered care place to work at.
Certified Nurses Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJune 10, 2015
A typical day during morning shift is very busy, but worth getting what we all come together to do. Make it a patient centered care, not only for our residents/patients but also their family and friends.

I've learned that I am not only a CNA, but I am proud to be a CNA because SHARP shows that you don't have to have a high paying role in the medical field to be a leader. As San Diego’s health care leader, Sharp has an unwavering commitment to excellence and passion for caring.

My co-workers are not my shift to shift basis, but those I call family.

The hardest part of the job would be saying "NO"

The most enjoyable part is being able to see each other outside of work. When attending an annual party, everyone looks beautiful and their most joyest smile brightens up the night.
Pros
Celebrating a week for each field
Cons
pay rate
Short stay there
Business Systems Analyst, Sr (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Sharp Experience is subject to which manager you are placed under. Most co-workers were awesome and helpful.
Typical day was tickets and build items as managed thrugh REMEDY so fairly easy to navigate through.
I learned more about Cerner Software
Pros
Cerner fairly well built
Cons
Hourly, and HAD to sign out for lunch whether you actually got to take a break or not.
Productive and professional
Account Analyst II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
Sharp is a secure place to work that allows you to voice your concerns in a safe and confidential way. Employees are treated with respect and are made a priority.
Pros
INCENTIVES
Cons
MICROMANAGEMENT
Loved working at Sharp great place to work
Clerical II & PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 19, 2014
Work keeps you busy, learn a lot with good details, Very Very friendly people who are always willing to be of help, listening to people being upset with you when your trying to help them get to their destination, the people that you do help and are grateful for the help some people can just make your day.
Pros
Great benefits, Great People and the Sharp Experience
Cons
None that I had
Per diem job while completing my Bachelor's
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2015
I enjoy working for Sharp Healthcare and have learned a lot about customer service, time managment, and multi-tasking. A typical day is taking care of patients' administrative needs and maintaining accurate records of patient accounts and doctors schedules.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2