Sharp HealthCare Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place to work
Medicare pre-biller (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2012
My job was a pre-biller for Medicare, I would enter the charts into the computer. I did various tasks which I learned in a short period of time. I learned to keep on schedule and follow directions. The management team were great. I worked well with others in my department. I really enjoyed working there.
Pros
i had a health insurance plan, i had an hour for lunch which gave me time to eat and even run some errands.
Short stay there
Business Systems Analyst, Sr (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 14, 2015
Sharp Experience is subject to which manager you are placed under. Most co-workers were awesome and helpful.
Typical day was tickets and build items as managed thrugh REMEDY so fairly easy to navigate through.
I learned more about Cerner Software
Pros
Cerner fairly well built
Cons
Hourly, and HAD to sign out for lunch whether you actually got to take a break or not.
Loved working at Sharp great place to work
Clerical II & PBX Operator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 19, 2014
Work keeps you busy, learn a lot with good details, Very Very friendly people who are always willing to be of help, listening to people being upset with you when your trying to help them get to their destination, the people that you do help and are grateful for the help some people can just make your day.
Pros
great benefits, great people and the sharp experience
Cons
none that i had
Great place to work.
team leader (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
Typical day is making sure everyone has the tools in place so that they are able to do their jobs well. Very supportive management, More about their patients and the community they serve. Certain amount of red tape politics but navigation of this environment is very educational and allows for personal growth. Very fun and exciting place to work.
Pros
Ability to grow personally and professionally
Fast paced, great training ground
Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2013
Heavy phones, billing and collections. I learned alot about insurance and health care. Management not to sensitive to employees needs. Co workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was having to reapply for you position. Most enjoyable was learning insurance and collections as well as being exposed to healthcare
Pros
free lunches, interactions with co workers
Cons
job stability
great team, supportive management
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2015
I have been at Sharp working in REHAB for about five years. I love the staff. I find the management very involved and accessible. The compensation commiserates with norms in the area and they remain competitive. I have worked for several hospital based health care systems in the past, and by far, in terms of employee retention and patient care; Sharp by far exceeds the others.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
paperwork
Fast paced and productive place to work with a lot of opportunities to learn.
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 24, 2014
Working at Sharp Healthcare was a great experience. I felt their salaries were fair compared to the cost of living. Having mandatory nurse/patient ratios made Sharp a safe place to work for both the patients and the nurses. They offered a lot of continuing education hours and had a good work environment in general.
a very productive and fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2013
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with wonderful people and the team work that goes along with it. i've learned a lot hands on as well as class work. i love careing for and helping people and patients make my day. my supervisor's are awesome.the hardest part of my job is seeing people sick or injured.
Good company, good benefits, but management does not support it's employees
Radiology (Former Employee) –  Sharp GrossmontNovember 8, 2012
Inconsistent radiology management. Some departments were cutting employees while other departments were overstaffed and not allowed to leave early if it was slow.

Management only comes out of their office when there is a problem.
Pros
great company ceo, good retirement plans
Cons
management at grossmont, medical benefits only allow you to use sharp physicians

Comment – July 11, 2013

They have "Just Culture" at Sharp the only way an employee will get fired is if they do something horrific. The HR manager says that everyone can be rehabilitated. No one gets written up and no one is held accountable. And employees that have no experience but have been there forever get raises upon raises over new hired that have WAY more experience, knowledge and are managers and leads over those employees.

Great place to work with great security management
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 11, 2012
Sharp Healthcare, specifically Sharp Memorial Hospital where I work, is a great place to work. All the other Sharp Hospitals are simular in that the security management is great because they train you and trust you to do your job without always looking over your shoulder. A great work environment as opposed to some places I've worked.
Pros
great place to work, friendly staff and great management
Cons
no overtime available
Externship
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 21, 2014
I worked a few weeks at Sharp while doing my internship. I was supposed to be learning how to do billing and coding for various different departments. Unfortunately, all I really was given to do at the time was old claims to research and verify the codes on them, leaving me hanging on what I was supposed to be learning and fine-tuning in other areas.
Pros
close to my house
Corporate verses on-site
Account Analyst ll (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 26, 2015
It is a very family type work environment. They will teach you everything you need to know and my co-workers were always fun to be around. It is a goal oriented department that shows there appreciation when we make our goals.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
had to leave
Overall OK place to work
Director, System Supply Chain Services (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2015
Overall not a bad place to work. Great clinicians and really smart middle management.
As with most systems, getting everyone on the same page with products is challenging. A very challenging environment for the GPO and Value Analysis staff, but improvement is possible.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough transparency in decisions
Temporary Claims Processor
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 22, 2014
Flexibility, training, and compensation are just some of the perks working for this employer. I was working for this employer through a temporary agency. Co-workers would assist me with claim issues. Casual dress code and ability to use headphones while working. Management was approachable and a nice place to work; very controlled environment.
Pros
pay, training and flexibility
Cons
n/a
EMR Staff Training
Orders Communication/Ancillary Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 29, 2012
Dedicated team of analysts to teach end users the application for their user role. Provided positive encouragement. Provided follow up info and support user questions via e-mail or site visits.
Pros
worked with a fabulous training team.
Cons
some people relied on their coworkers to train them.
Lack of professionalism
sonographer (Former Employee) –  sharp rees stealyApril 23, 2012
lack of professionalism, between colleagues and management
backstabbing , lies, no values, no respect.

employees/management should go back to orientation and learn about the mission and values "the flame" not only towards patient care but also towards the colleagues.
This job is always being posted have you ever wonder why???
Be Aware!
Cons
mislead, incompetent employees, waste of time
Great Company to Work For as an Intern
Marketing and Communications Intern (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2013
I learned a lot of valuable information taking on a role such as this one. I am able to tackle on new projects that are given to those in charge such as marketing campaigns, compiling media reports, creating press releases, and being responsible for coordinating events.
Great Place to work for health tips
Programmer Analyst, Enterprise Device Architecture (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 1, 2014
Sharp HealthCare recognizes that employee benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of our employees and their families.

In order to be responsive to the diverse needs of our employees, Sharp HealthCare offers a comprehensive, affordable, flexible and competitive benefits program.
The Sharp Experience
Director (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 12, 2015
Great place to work - an organization that values their employees as well as their patients. Great opportunities within the organization to learn and grow. Great benefits, too. They strive to be the best place to work, the best place to practice medicine and the best place to receive care and they live their mission and values.
Pros
Large company, good opportunities for growth, great benefits
Cons
Very few cons to working there
Per diem job while completing my Bachelor's
Business Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 16, 2015
I enjoy working for Sharp Healthcare and have learned a lot about customer service, time managment, and multi-tasking. A typical day is taking care of patients' administrative needs and maintaining accurate records of patient accounts and doctors schedules.

4.3