Sharp HealthCare

Sharp HealthCare Employer Reviews

Great place to practice nursing!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 6, 2013
Working for Sharp as an organization has been very valuable to my career. This is a strong company and which has received the Magnet award for nursing excellence and one that truly values it's employees.
Nice place to work
Outpatient programs, Hand-cap and Disable Clients (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 30, 2013
Sharp Healthcare is A very Good place to work, they train there Drivers very well,they pay good,work place is clean, it is A good place to work
a very productive and fun place to work.
Clerical Assistant II (Current Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 14, 2013
the most enjoyable part of my job is working with wonderful people and the team work that goes along with it. i've learned a lot hands on as well as class work. i love careing for and helping people and patients make my day. my supervisor's are awesome.the hardest part of my job is seeing people sick or injured.
SHARP HEALTHCARE IS AN EXCITING EXPERIENCE TO BE PART OF, EMPLOYEES GO THE EXTRA MILE TO MAKE THINGS HAPPEN.
Security Officer II (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: we have a window view vending machines and can go for a power walk
Cons: parking can be a challenge
The Sharp HealthCare Company has very high standards and has won several prestigious Awards for it's dedication work ethics and standards to patient care. Sharp HealthCare has a slogan known as the Sharp Experience which empitimizes the overall Atittude of it's employees which is known for doing the best job possible the first time with care and safety, – more... and to have customer satisfaction. The company is very friendly orientated Diversified and is an equal opporunity company. Sharp HealthCare promotes Health Wellness to it's Employees and encourages employees to further their education in their specific field of Study. Overall it's one of the best places to work. Sharp Healthcare is Family orientated , there are Generations of family who have been employed by Sharp HealthCare.The hardest part of my Job is trying to contact employees to expedite the Tandem Parking situation so employees can leave as soon as possible, of course this is due to Company Growth and expansion. The most enjoyable part of my job is working at the Concierge Desk where i have the privalege to meet exciting people, Venders, Buisnees Associates and to make them feel welcome with a smile and the Sharp Experience Atmosphere. A typical day starts at 2pm at the Concierge Desk where i am monitoring the main lobby and Tandem parking and patroling inside and exterior premises. Reports and investgation are done when required as well as safety procedures. Employees are Exscorted to Vehicles when needed. Phones are very heavy at times and require
fast response with proper phone technique. One of the most important part of my job is to ensure that the buildings are secure at all times and that alarms are Activated. Management are very helpful and friendly and give support and suggestions to improve any situation that may require their assistance. I have learn don't take it personal when people are indifferent at times because sometimes they are just having a moment. My purpose everyday is to make someone smile that just may need it from me. – less
great employer
Lead CT/Diagnostic radiologic technologist (Former Employee), CASeptember 11, 2013
Great work environment. you feel a like you really are an important
member of the team
Inpatient Diabetes Educator (Former Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: supportive staff, good benefits
Nursing staff, administration, management & physicians very amendable to introduction of new diabetes program & supportive of changes that were made to improve patient care.
Every day was new, teaching patients about diabetes, teaching nursing staff, collaborating with nurses to improve & give best care to patients with diabetes.
Fast paced, great training ground
Team Coordinator (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 14, 2013
Pros: free lunches, interactions with co workers
Cons: job stability
Heavy phones, billing and collections. I learned alot about insurance and health care. Management not to sensitive to employees needs. Co workers were very helpful. The hardest part of the job was having to reapply for you position. Most enjoyable was learning insurance and collections as well as being exposed to healthcare
Great Company
Clerical Assistant II / Case Management Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 11, 2013
Sharp treats its employees with respect. Easy going company,easy to talk to everyone from the CEO down.
Great Company to Work For as an Intern
Marketing and Communications Intern (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 30, 2013
I learned a lot of valuable information taking on a role such as this one. I am able to tackle on new projects that are given to those in charge such as marketing campaigns, compiling media reports, creating press releases, and being responsible for coordinating events.
great organization to work for
Nursing Assistant/SRN Float Pool (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2013
Cons: being per diem and not having a consistent work schedule
Busy work days
Working with staff has been a good experience
Management supportive
Sharp Healthcare
CSO/CT/MRI Scheduler (Current Employee), Sorrento Mesa, CAJune 24, 2013
I've been with Sharp Healthcare for almost 10+ years. I really love working for the company, but I have come to a stand still in my current department. Because of my willingness to learn and do more, I need to be some where I can.
Every work day is a new experience.
Certified-Nursing Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 15, 2013
Pros: great flexibility
With being a floater CNA to all Sharp Hospitals, you are able to not only meet new people but you are able to learn and experience something new everyday at work.
Pharmacy Clerk (Former Employee), La Mesa, CAJanuary 28, 2013
I helped in a pharmacy at one of the major hospitals in San Diego county. Management can be irregular. Some managers cared deeply about their employees and really showed how to really embrace the 'Sharp Experience'. Co-workers were professional and great people outside of work.
Good Experience
Packaging Technician (Current Employee), Phoenixville, PAJanuary 21, 2013
Pros: breaks, hours
Cons: need better schedule
A typical day at work consists of getting dressed in scrubs and either working in a secondary room or primary room. In secondary we are packing and labeling the drug. In our primary rooms we prepare the drug to be packaged and labeled. The job gives me great experience working in the healthcare field although it can be very slow at times. As a temp – more... I do not receive any benefits nor am I guaranteed a solid schedule. The pay is decent for what the job consists of, but I would like to be more involved and more hands on while working. – less
Great place to work in Radiology
Clerical Assistant III (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches from the reps
Cons: not enough time to spend patients one on one
A typical day at work is to go in checking pts in calling for insurance verification ,answering phones, medical records , bringing pts back for exams , assisting the doctor, prepping charts and helping patients with paperwork. The managers were helpful in helping when I was overwhelmed with patients and I learned how to make patients feel comfortable – more... when they were there for exams. The harest part of my job was helping them get an appointment if they weren't scheduled. the most enjoyable part was talking to the patients and laughing with my coworkers while getting the job done. – less
nice work place with nice people.
Equipment Technician (Current Employee), Coronado, CADecember 21, 2012
Pros: nice people
Cons: jobs do not last long
most days are fast paced. learned alot about the sharp life.
secure and there's room for growth
Account Analyst II (Current Employee), San Diego, CADecember 18, 2012
Pros: able to transfer around
Cons: they usually only hire from within
Good company and offers different branches not just healthcare
Good company, good benefits, but management does not support it's employees
Radiology (Former Employee), Sharp GrossmontNovember 8, 2012
Pros: great company ceo, good retirement plans
Cons: management at grossmont, medical benefits only allow you to use sharp physicians
Inconsistent radiology management. Some departments were cutting employees while other departments were overstaffed and not allowed to leave early if it was slow.

Management only comes out of their office when there is a problem.

July 11, 2013

They have "Just Culture" at Sharp the only way an employee will get fired is if they do something horrific. The HR manager says that everyone can be rehabilitated. No one gets written up and no one is held accountable. And employees that have no experience but have been there forever get raises upon raises over new hired that have WAY more experience, knowledge and are managers and leads over those employees.

Love working at Sharp but I would like a job in women's health and newborns.
Registered Nurse/Clinical Associate (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 17, 2012
Pros: bonus every year
Cons: usually work without nursing aides on the unit.
I love my co-workers, very high-acuity and fast-paced floor, beautiful hospital.
Productive and fun place to work
Medicare pre-biller (Former Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 6, 2012
Pros: i had a health insurance plan, i had an hour for lunch which gave me time to eat and even run some errands.
My job was a pre-biller for Medicare, I would enter the charts into the computer. I did various tasks which I learned in a short period of time. I learned to keep on schedule and follow directions. The management team were great. I worked well with others in my department. I really enjoyed working there.

About Sharp HealthCare

Sharp HealthCare stands on the cutting edge of health care delivery in Southern California. The system of not-for-profit hospitals – Read more