SHARP HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

A very good company to work for management very supportive team understanding and co-worker great team player
Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 13, 2017
.In a typical day in my last position I fulfilled management tasks of opening and closing the facility, as well as overseeing a staff of seven individuals. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phones, drafting documents and emails, filing and greeting customers. I also provided strong customer service and resolved customer issues.
Rt
RT student in clinical rottation (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAJuly 19, 2016
Great medical staff. Every one works to the best of their ability and are compassionate towards their patients. I did a night shift rotation and was inspired and motivated by every ones working ethics.
They care about their employees
Sodexo, Diet Clerk (Former Employee) –  Coronado, CAMarch 1, 2016
I didn't feel like an employee, I was a member of the family. This is what made this place so wonderful. No one was taken for granted and each employee was treated with the utmost respect and gratitude.
Mostly good
Administrative and Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 9, 2016
This was a great company and job. The only downfall was the manager at the time played favorites and didn't hold employees accountable. They would take extra long lunches which would throw off the front office schedule and therefore throw off the entire day with the scheduling of patients and doctors messages. I would bring this to her attention multiple times and nothing was ever done.
Otherwise the job itself was great and what I learned was valuable.
Pros
learning of the system
Cons
managment
Diversity of culture
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CASeptember 17, 2015
We work as a team all the time trying to do our best every day, our managers and coworkers working together and help us to give a good service.
It was a huge hospital so I always learning about different areas.
Pros
bonus, work Appreciate
Great hospital.
Surgical Technologist - Interventional Radiology (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAApril 12, 2015
Loved working at sharp. Great staff. Patient care was always first for me each day. Co-workers were very helpful and we worked as a team.
Steady Job
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  San DiegoMay 15, 2014
Working at Sharp Hospital through Decton Staffing is an okay job. They pay barely over minimum wage and require a tremendous amount of activity. The work is fun, it allows you to meet all types of different people from all different walks of life. Management on the other hand is a little poor, they aren't the most respectful team, but you learn as you further in the job that, its simply how they try to operate the rest of the team. The hardest part about the job would come from management, because they mess up often, they call you to clean a room and there is already someone there, Or managers tell us we have to take our breaks when scheduled then the leads give us a 45 minute task 5 minutes before your scheduled break time.
Pros
Meeting People, Customer Service, Making Patients Happy
Cons
poor management, minimum pay
unfriendly environment, insufficient training, limited time to obtain patient information
Patient Access Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 4, 2014
admit patients to emergency room and/or go to patient's bedside to get demographic and insurance information (using a computer on wheels)
Pros
large company
Cons
unhappy environment, insufficient training, limited time
Nice depending on what department you work for
Certified Nurses' Assistant/Unit Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2013
The staffing seems to be something that needs to be worked on. Lots of patients with different issues. I worked in many departments so I have viewed different aspects of the hospital. Over all the culture is to be the best healthcare system in the universe and I think that they will keep striving for that. I learned the different departments and the need of health is important no matter what the health issue is at that moment. Management seemed to be cliques and will weed out who they want to fit in their crowd in the units they hold realm over. Other departments are encouraging and find a way to keep their employee and staff happy if it mean getting their own hands dirty as well. I can appreciate that. I learned teamwork no matter what and where. The hardest part of the job is knowing who has the teams' best overall interest in mind of the hospital and not for themselves to look great and hire their friends to work with them. The most enjoyable part is the family of friend made there and I will always have a home no matter where I go.
Pros
Rallys, award ceremonies with recognition, great health benefits and benefits overall, tuition reimbursement.
Cons
If you happen to fall in the right crowd you might find yourself in a better place or worse.
very productive ad fun to do more than one job at one place
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 21, 2013
-providing customer service

-I learned about inventory and being open to others

-management mainly gave orders and were too occupied to help customers

-my co-workers were helpful and always wiling to give a hand ex. filling me in when needed

-the hardest part was off/on loading pallets from the trucks to restock for the following day

-the fun part of the job was becoming a cashier and being requested for ice cream handler
A place to work that thrives on team work...
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 28, 2012
The concern of the patients safety and well being is what a typical day at work would be....
fun workplace
Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 25, 2012
we have alot of hands on training. i get to meet alot of new people at sharp
theraputic and fun place to work
Peer counselor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 30, 2012
counsler was the best person,very easygoing wonderful place to work
Pros
learned alot about cognetive counsling
Cons
alot of differant personalities