Sharp Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

I care about my job but the management does not care
Health Care Partner (Former Employee) –  ICUMay 15, 2016
Half of my life I devoted myself to Sharp Health care. I'm a medical assistant (HCP). I was not appreciated by my Department. I will be working by myself with 15-17 patients to care for on the floor plus you have to transport patient to the floor. I feel like crying cause I'm so exhausted and yet they don't see hard you work. They will vote you as an employee of the month if you are that circle friends.
Pros
Nice to be a patient because I know we take good care of you.
Cons
Salary is low even if you have there for almost 30 years. You stop getting increase.
Great company!!!
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 10, 2016
ALL WORKERS FOR THIS COMPANY GO ABOVE AND BEYOND FOR OUT PATIENTS.
Working here is great and I as well as others grown in the company a lot of opportunity for this.
True to it's mission: The Best Place to Work
Clinical Nurse RN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123May 5, 2016
Working at Sharp was a wonderful opportunity. I would describe it as the best work family you could ever dream of: educated, kind, compassionate team members that consistently strive to work collaboratively in the fast-paced medical field. I can not say enough good things about the managers and supervisors who provide many opportunities for personal, as well as, professional growth through mentorship.
Pros
Amazing Benefits!
Cons
breaks are short
sharp memorial hospital
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 18, 2016
a typical day at work easy and well going clock in work and clock out with little to no problems at all.i think over time work at sharp memorial hospital I learned how to work with others well. management was well all there when I needed them and co workers where easy to work with. the hardest part of the job was when there was short staff but for most its was easy. I think I enjoyed the staff meetings the most because everyone always had time to speak their opinon
Pros
good benifeits
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work at, co workers, however, are difficult.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 7, 2015
All in all working in the hospital is fun and easy. Yes, it get's hectic and the other employees unintentionally make your job hard, but work gets done.
Pros
good hours, free drinks
Cons
people, management doesn't really raise the bar
fast paced environment
Clerical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 22, 2015
i worked in medical records and handled a full patient load of medical records,getting them ready for physicians.i enjoyed the work very much.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
fast paced environment
Best Place TO Work
Patient Access Rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 15, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Staffing Resource Network, Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2015
I started as a new graduate nurse, and love their new grad program. The hospital holds high standards for their nurses as they are a Magnet Hospital. I enjoy working at this hospital
All in days work
Non-Invasive EKG Tech (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2015
Typical day at work consist of an 8 hour shift at the metro hospital campus. There are 3 shifts in the department and I'm usually schedule on one of those shifts. I leaned a lot on the job, nothing like a classroom setting, dealing with actual patients is challenging but rewarding too. Co-workers are friendly as well as willing to train and assist when needed. The hardest part pf this job can be the work schedule. What I enjoy most about this job, the stability.
Pros
Stability, short breaks
Cons
Hard to get full time status
A company that has the time to inservice and educate all staff members.
Certified Surgical Technician Pier Diem (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 8, 2015
Sharp Memorial is a level 1 hospital with many specialities. It has over 25 operating rooms that mans a large staff like a well oiled machine. There is nothing hard about the job and the most enjoyable part of my day is when my patients regain restoration with a job wel done by the surgical team.
Pros
Organized
Cons
No free water and limited refrigerator space for lunch bags. Paid parking a mile away.
A friendly environment with high standards
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 7, 2015
I loved being a volunteer at sharp. Most of the staff are nice and caring. It is also the cleanest hospital I have ever been to.
Pros
Free food up to $6 for volunteers each day worked
Cons
Sometimes work can seem repetitive and boring
Compassionate and caring staff. A wonderful workplace environment.
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 24, 2015
This lab is part of a large hospital. As a phlebotomist, I was able to work in a variety of environments throughout the facility and it was usually a steady flow of work.
Pros
Competitive salaries and benefits
Cons
Can be quite busy
learning new things about the human body
Internship (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 22, 2015
take blood test to laboratory
help in medical procedures
help out preceptor
make sure patients felt comfortable
i got to learn new things about the human heart and how it works
Great place to work.
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 20, 2015
It was a great place to work for me. I got to work in several different departments. The staff was fun to work with. Got to know a bunch of cool people.
Great Company Culture
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 18, 2015
I love the benefits and company culture but career advancement is not easy to come by. The NA role is not well-defined and it leads to a lot of misunderstandings. It is designed so that it is impossible to make everyone happy.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Bureaucracy, Human Resources
Almost seems like a hotel. Fun group of people to work with.
concierge desk (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2015
I had many different tasks in which I would help around the hospital. I learned to replace coffee, do blood runs, and do discharges.
Pros
Friendly patients, one free meal, and enthusiastic workers
Cons
Knowledgeable, hard-working social work team
Medical Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2015
I interned in the emergency department and learned so much from my field instructor and other staff members. Great place to work!
Operating Room Circulator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 24, 2015
Great place to work, the compensation and benefits were excellent and the call hours were great. I developed wonderful relationships with colleagues.
Postive, Productive
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CaApril 1, 2015
Productive team work that provides excellent patient care and service. Excellent leadership team that aims to provide staff with resources that enables them to complete goals efficiently and effectively.
Guest Services / Volunteer Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 17, 2015
All the staff are wonderful to work with even those in other departments. Management is attentive to needs and are engaging. Ina single days work one can expect to connect with a variety of people. I have learned a variety of software programs to help with day to day needs. best part of te job is having opportunities to make someone else's day better

4.4