Sharp Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Volunteer position as a concierge and nurses helper.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 27, 2017
Start the day at the concierge desk, where one directs visitors and answers their questions about the hospital. Concierge desk receives calls about patients needing a discharge, blood or specimens needing transportation, or patients needing extra care, which we completed.
Good cooperation and relationships between interdisciplinary staff.
Chaplain Resident (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 7, 2017
Nurses, medical staff, social work, and spiritual care had a good collaborative and collegial relationship. The spiritual care department itself was not as friendly to religious diversity, however, as it needed to be.
Pros
Good interdisciplinary cooperation and collegiality. Patient experience was taken seriously.
Cons
Lack of understanding of religious diversity on the part of chaplaincy management.
great job and great experience
Certified Phlebotomy Technician I (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 4, 2017
Awesome job. One of the best jobs and learning opportunities. It was an amazing experience to work for a hospital. I gained so much knowledge and skills from them.
Pros
bonuses and holiday pay, pay differential
Cons
short lunches, downtime
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2017
Admitted & discharged pts, passed medication, assisted pts with their ADL's, changed beds as needed, assisted with getting a complete medical & physical history on pts.
Every day was a productive day.
Clerical Assistant III (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123May 9, 2017
Every day was a productive day with new challenges and with great customer service. I learned every aspect of Radiology procedures and medical terminology. My co-workers where all great team players, if one off us needed assistance we where always there to help one another. This was a very fast paced environment, multi-tasking was a must. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting patients and staff.
Nursing Assistant
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2017
Typical day at Sharp Memorial Hospital is hectic. I come in to work and I have about 10-12 patients. I have a team member who helps me and I also help in times of need. The nurses and the rest of the staff are very helpful and are always ready to answer ant question. I never felt lost, I always found someone who is willing to help and show me what I need.
Pros
Great people and great pay.
Cons
Too many patients per aide
Best place to work!
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
This is a great company to be employed from. They have many opportunities to advance in your career. what I love about working here, there is never a typical day. Everyday new patients and new cases.
great staff
Clinical Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2017
A typical day starts at 5am in a very busy and fast-paced pre-op/post-op setting. I have learned to multitask, problem solve and coordinate patient care with the OR and PACU. As well as utilize the resources available and delegate task to ensure providing safe and excellent care.
Pros
day goes by quick and is entertaining
Cons
high stress environment. No room for error.
Very large hospital with rapid turnover of staff
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaMarch 27, 2017
When I did work here it was a transcription office with several transcriptionists. The environment was very loud and sometimes it was difficult to hear the doctor's dictating. There was a great diversity in skills of those I worked with.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Large hospital without adequate training
Assisting the Nurse (School internship)
Nurse Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work would be restocking items, cleaning medical equipment, making the beds in the hospital, giving patients baths, handling patients bodily fluids (rarely), and attending to the patients needs. I leaned to work in a timely manner as well as following orders/instructions. I worked under the nurse. The hardest part of my job was leaving because I wanted to learn more, but the enjoyable part of my job was interacting with the patients and learning from the nursing staff.
Pros
Skills, following instructions
Cons
Isn't the best place I ever worked.
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Great hospitalJanuary 10, 2017
Isn't easy to get your job done,communication is almost impossible,employees are over workd. Like every day is the same problems.
fun friendly environment
License Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 5, 2017
I had lots of fun and learned a lot of skills while working at sharp. I gained a lot of friends and I also learned how to work in the chemistry department
Great environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 21, 2016
There was some days that would be rough but other than that I enjoyed working there. The management was not always there but would try to be when they weren't too busy.
good place to work
Nurse Practitioner, Full (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2016
I have enjoyed working at Sharp Memorial. Great doctors and always felt a good cohesion with team. strong nurses on the floors and several opportunities for advancement
1 week internship
CNA (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 12, 2016
I enjoyed my experience as a CNA for a week in the Oncology unit. Friendly staff and patients, very clean environment, and great team atmosphere.

Thankful they allowed us to intern to see what working there would be like. If I lived closer, I would have applied for a job.
Great real first job
Server/Customer service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2016
It was great at first, I love making new mommy's have dinner especially when there hungry and give me great feedback on how I make there day by delivering their food on time.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Mean management
Good place to work, nice co workers
Health Care Partner (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 15, 2016
Enjoyable place to work, awesome co workers, flexible schedule.
I get to help out really good nurses and meet new people everyday.
I still learn new things there.
Pros
good people
Cons
low pay
Safe environment
EVS Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 12, 2016
In a regular basis there was always missing people (calls out) remaining employee have to accommodate and help with extra areas.
The hourly rate is low very close to minimum wage.
Cons
very poor salary
Good Company
EVS Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2016
Convenient location, and the staff is fairly friendly. Good company to work for. The managements is great and is a very diverse company.
I care about my job but the management does not care
Health Care Partner (Former Employee) –  ICUMay 15, 2016
Half of my life I devoted myself to Sharp Health care. I'm a medical assistant (HCP). I was not appreciated by my Department. I will be working by myself with 15-17 patients to care for on the floor plus you have to transport patient to the floor. I feel like crying cause I'm so exhausted and yet they don't see hard you work. They will vote you as an employee of the month if you are that circle friends.
Pros
Nice to be a patient because I know we take good care of you.
Cons
Salary is low even if you have there for almost 30 years. You stop getting increase.