Sharp Memorial Hospital

Sharp Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

The best hospital to work
Acute Care Nurse (Former Employee), San Diego, CAFebruary 20, 2013
Pros: work force is intact
Cons: very high acquity of the patients.
I did learn a lot of experience while working in this hospital such as training dealing with stress job related,identifying the barriers in our unit, documentation by applying the use of CERNER computer programing and dealing the impact of illness through different physiologic ,emotional and spiritual behaviour of life.
Long time employee
mngr (Former Employee), san diegoFebruary 18, 2013
Pros: im not there...
Cons: they have $$ so they can advertise on tv, pt care and employee loyalty dont exist
sharp is a joke, MONEY is there primary goal, pt care takes a back seat to administrative goals of Profit !
The Drs. are sub-par and often working with out a license for their area.
Great place to work and plenty of oppurtunities.
Tech Assistant (Current Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 2, 2013
Since I work in the emergency department work days are usually a fast pace enviornment and I have to be able to multi task. I've learned so many different computer programs and I learned how to multi task and get the job done in a timely matter. My co-workers are very helpful and without them my job would be ten times harder. We are a team and patiet – more... care is number one to all of us. The hardest part of my job would be trying to please everybody at once. Their are so many orders that the ER Doctors put in and to please everybody can become some what overwhelming at times. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the satisfaction of knowing that I helped somebody and knowing that I play a roll to a patients health means a lot. – less
Must move quickly
Food Service Director (Former Employee), San Diego, CADecember 4, 2012
Pros: fast paced
Cons: to many managers
A typical day was started with light typing.
I learned to interact with all sorts of new people.
The hardest part was leaving the job.
The most enjoyable part talking to the nurses and doctors.
gave me an opportunity to help others
Volunteer (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 27, 2012
nice job, I was able to do a variety of things and had a chance to help others.
Supportive staff interested in advancing learning within their fields.
Artist in Residence (Current Employee), San Diego, CANovember 13, 2012
I worked 4 hours per day with adults who were inpatient in the Oncology Unit making artwork as a means to relieve stress, anxiety, reduce blood pressure and pain. Activities include but are not limited to; stop animation, mosaics, watercolor, drawing, needlepoint, sculpture, sumi ink painting, origami etc...
Great Place to work
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), San Diego, CASeptember 24, 2012
Great hospital, with a amazing culture. Co-workers are knowledgeable and helpful. Doctors are smart and friendly. great atmosphere
Review
Material Specialist II Pulmonary (Former Employee), San Diego, CAAugust 10, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breakes
I was productive and fun with my co-workers was an exelent job exept the magnament and security job
Educational place to work
Clinical RN (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 13, 2012
Pros: better bonuses
Cons: less equipment to use.
A typical day at work is very very busy
I learned that I should work more than excellent in order to garner an excellent rating

Management sometimes has favoritism.
My co-workers can be good teamplayers.
Hardest part of the job is when there's no time to feed myself when it gets too busy.Also when I need to go home on time but have to complete my documentation.Overtime – more... after 12 hours shift.
Most enjoyable is when the team are all team players. – less
the job was wonderful. Very fast paced and always had something to do and never boring because it was a trauma center right next to the bprr
Laboratory Asst. II (Former Employee), San Diego CaliforniaApril 29, 2012
Pros: patients, drawing blood, learning new ideas, benefits, graveyard shifts.
Cons: long hours, sick patients, angry physicians, demanding nurses.
My typical day of work was to do some data entry and pull all timed orders and themn the rest of my order for the rest of the night. I would wear a beeper and when a trauma was called, I had 2 minutes to get to the trauma room to get the blood from the trauma patient and get it to the lab asap. I would process all specimens and get them ready to be – more... ran for the techs. I would spin all the blood and make slides and freeze specimens that needed to spread . make slides and count cells. I would do the petrie dishes to see what kind organisms were growing. I would answer the phones and do stat orders on code blues and send out any specialy jtests that were not done in house. I would also do urine drug screen and DOT drug screens. And much, much more. – less

About Sharp Memorial Hospital

The docs and the scalpels are sharp at Sharp Memorial Hospital. The flagship facility of Sharp HealthCare, the not-for-profit – Read more