This position will require specialization in the area of LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) technology and related electronic components (touchscreen, drivers, controllers and interface). The candidate should have design experience and/or application experience in the design and support of this particular area. An understanding of the system design aspects is needed. Skill level must allow a consultative level of interaction with customer to assist with understanding the product (s) and efficient and effective use of such in the application.
Under minimum supervision, support the sales of electronic components which require professional engineering knowledge sufficient to make recommendations involving fundamental engineering principles and to persuade potential buyers of the practical value of our products. Prepare moderately complex financial and operational estimates with the factory from blueprints, plans, or other records submitted by potential customers, and reports customer practices regarding utilization of company products. Maintain a database of all design activities. Draws up and proposes changes in equipment or use of materials which would result in cost reduction or more efficient operation. Authors own presentation material that can be used by any member of the field sales force.
Functional Requirements (Essential functions include but are not limited to . . .)
The responsibilities stated below are subject to established policies.
- Respond to technical inquiries from customers, support development, qualification, and design-in of Sharp LCD and LCD related products.
- Development of technical documents to assist customers with interfacing to our components and products.
- Work in matrixed organization and assist in sales team as directed.
Work with customer to identify and develop next generation products.
Travel domestically and internationally to support customers and their contract manufacture worldwide.
- Achieve Design-in, sales quotas, and MBOs assigned within each fiscal period.
- Attends and staffs trade shows and seminars.
- Monitors product trends and makes recommendations for future products.
- Troubleshoots technical problems over the phone and at the customers' facilities.
- Services product demo equipment.
- Gathers and evaluates competitive information.
- Interfaces on a technical level with our factory engineers.
- Publish applications notes and/or technical articles.
- Capable of training fellow FAEs and Marketing staff in area of expertise.
- Establishes an effective line of communication with manufacturers of products complementary to the Sharp component line.
- May author magazine articles, technical papers or other such published material.
- Has successfully designed and built specialized equipment such as demo equipment or other tools for use in the field.
- Has shown the ability to author or modify software as needed for embedded type applications.
- Has demonstrated the ability to take a leadership role in coordinating any trade shows that he is responsible for.
- Uses a system-design approach when explaining, troubleshooting and/or assisting the customer with the design process.
- Willing to travel domestically and overseas to support project requirements.
Four-year college degree in Engineering. Preferably eight or more years experience in Design Engineering and Application Engineering. Technical proficiency necessary. Must have the technical knowledge to communicate on an engineering level with customers and assist with the "design in" of various electronic components. Excellent technical and communication skills.