Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group Employee Reviews

No longer the Sharp Experience
Physician (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 25, 2017
Expected to do more and more and still see the same amount of patients with chronic problems. Whom I loved to see but they gave us very little time to see and assess a patient with the the extra work they gave us for example personal email through follow my health which can be very consuming calling reports etc. No gratitude even with 20 yrs being here, also careful because you will get fined if your chart are not completed with no warning. Very cut throat. Glad to retire from this place with new poor management from the top. No support on the Physician Services and medical assistants do less and less and seem to get away with it, just sit around exploring the internet and smart phones most of the day..
Pros
Pays well
Cons
More and more to do, sweat shop for patients. Cut throat
Nice place to work
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 15, 2017
Nice place to work. Supportive coworkers, Training opportunities Not very flexible. Great benefits! Paid continuing education. Lots of locations.

Boss was young and inexperienced. Frequently understaffed with lots of turnover.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 1, 2017
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE:
The position is a full range of administrative, very high paced challenge every single day. It required a true commitment to the practice of which I am so proud to be a part of.
I would still be working for this great organization if I did not have to relocate back to AZ.
With a combination of Physician's needs (I worked for two Specialty Practices (Neurology and Endocrinology), checking in patients and getting incoming calls (no call center), the day was certainly high paced and busy from the moment of my arrival to clocking out at the end of the day. "Whew.!!" but I loved it.
My management was the greatest. Any of my concerns, improvements or ideas, was accepted without repercussion.
Workplace culture was "internal Customer Service as well as External Customer Service" respect for each other and willingness to help is their norm. They are sensitive to their employee needs.
The hardest part of my job was to maintain control of the day, prioritizing and making decisions for resolving problems as seamless as possible. My leadership skills at Mayo Clinic and Crucial Conversation skills helped immensely.
The most enjoyable part of my job was satisfying both my Physicians AND my patients. Special requests of the Physicians and making "miracles" happen (changing the schedules, contacting the patients, and making everyone happy...that made my day indeed.
Pros
bonuses and special days for the employees, plus employee recognition
Cons
at times, the company was short-staffed due to employees being promoted internally
Busy!
Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJune 12, 2017
I like the management here, they were involved in making sure you were getting the training you needed, when you needed it. It was a very busy records room, so no bordem here!
fast paced environment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 13, 2017
the typical workflow is 25-32 patients for an 8 hour work day. the employees are very close knit, as they have all worked together for several years. The management is absolutely amazing
Nice and friendly employees.
MLT Clinical Practicum (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Learned a lot from my supervisors. Other employees are nice and friendly so much that it made me feel very welcome and happy to come into work everyday.
Micro Management
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 11, 2016
This is a great company, however, very challenging to advance. Great training when you start.
Not very comfortable with micro management. Low moral.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Hard to grow
Sharp Rees Stealy
Intern (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 4, 2015
Everyday that I came in included learning more about my co workers and our patients. I learned about all of the new technology that is currently out to help prevent as well as assist patients living with diabetes and asthma. The hardest part of working their would probably be trying to understand some of the medical terminology on the clinical side while I worked on the office side. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know the job and the company.
Fun work environment
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAJuly 11, 2015
Fun and busy. Co-workers were great and team work needed to complete most tasks.
The management was fair and recognized achievements. Advancement ability.
Love the atmosphere. Excellent Customer Service,
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMay 27, 2015
The best part working at Sharp Rees-Stealy is the management and co-workers. My directors and co-workers are very approachable and easy to talk to. Sharp has an excellent customer service approach towards our patients and staff through the Sharp Experience,
Pros
Excellent Customer Service, friendly, approachable staff
productive and fun workplace
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2014
i speak with 125 patients every day. helping them schedule appointments, send messages to there doctors,request refills and cancelling apppointments. i also direct them to the appropiate department when requested.
Pros
extra 15 min breaks, pto
Cons
the pay scale
see below, love nursing and caring for patients, family, friends and co-workers,such an honor
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2014
I loved my job and patients so much, My co-workers came to me for support and made me feel special, Everyone wants to feel special and needed. Do not have to be management to feel important. My patients and co-workers came to me for comfort and I always wanted them to feel comfortable in any situation that I could help. It was and honor to help and make wonderful friendships along the way
Pros
Every day went by so quickly. Seems like I just got there and I was going home
Cons
Need more hours in a day
Great Company
RN Lead Cardiology (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 25, 2013
Great company to work for. Always room for advancement. The best hospital to work for and practice medicine. They really care about their patients.
Wonderful workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAMarch 18, 2012
If i could go back and work there i would do it without hasitation. I had a wondeful supervisor and the surgeon i work with had a great doctor nurse communication.
Pros
great people to work with.
Cons
better coverage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3