Sharp Rees-Stealy Employee Reviews

Good people to work with
Support Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 3, 2017
Enjoy working with those in my department. We are always willing to jump in and lend a helping hand. I like being able to help our patients better understand their insurance coverage. It's great when sometimes just a smile and hello can brighten someone's day, you just never know who might need it.
Great Customer Service
LVN - Pediatrics and After Hour Pediatrics (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 21, 2017
Sharp creates "The Sharp Experience" by teaching employees customer service. Of course there are the few employees that don't understand customer service. Sharp genuinly cares about patients and their well being. GREAT company to work for.
Pros
Customer Service oriented
Cons
Low pay
n/a
OPTICIAN/PSR/ CLERK ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92123February 22, 2017
The hardest part I had with Sharp was to be consider to work in the pool area. meaning travel to different locations everyday! and not able to know my schedule in advance.
Pros
more time for lunch
Cons
short breaks
Patient Focus
Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CA 92126February 6, 2017
Great place to work. The company has a wonderful mission statement and great managers and supervisors. I really appreciate all the benefits and my hourly wage that I truly appreciate
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 27, 2016
I volunteered here for a while. everyone was great, friendly and cared about all patients. Staff was amazing as well. Very clean. Nice felicity.
love my co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAAugust 25, 2016
Very fast paced environment, higher acuity patients than any other urgent cares, high patient volumes. Time management is essential. The people are great to work with and my favorite part of the job.The pay could be better for optimal nurse retention.
Pros
flexible schedules, benefits, PTO easily accrued
Cons
short breaks, pay not as good as other organizations
Great company, low wages and minimal raises
Coder, CPC (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2016
People who get these highly coveted jobs at Sharp tend to stay. The benefits are fantastic. Generous PTO. Very strict attendance policies. The company is non-profit, and it is enormous. There is a policy for everything, and failure to comply will likely result in disciplinary action.

Wages and raises are low. So if you come to work here, it would be for the great benefits, time off, job security, department camaraderie, and extensive free training.

The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of all the coding and policy changes. The most enjoyable part was working in an atmosphere where you are professionally supported in every way to do your best.

And the cafeteria at Spectrum is amazing!
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
The role of a PSR is very vital to the patient experience. We are the first voice patients hear when they want to receive services at a Sharp Rees-Stealy location. It is important that we actively listen to the patients to determine how to best meet their needs. In order to be successful, building relationships with multiple departments is key in order to provide prompt answers for the patient's concerns. On an average the call center takes 6,000 calls daily, and on Mondays, there can be as many as 10,000 calls. It great to interact with patients and hear satisfaction in their voices when they know you're doing all you can to get them taken care of. One thing about the job is that our independence is very limited and micro-managing is the way the call center is ran. While I am a key player, I would rather not have someone looking over my shoulder critiquing every thing I do. I am able to ask questions if I need help, and I seek out constructive feedback. I love learning new things, and being given more duties and responsibilities.
very good company
Radiology Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
was able to cross train in 8 clinics and each week I was at a differnent clinic and I enjoy working there as it was challenge each week
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough time for lunches was only 30 minutes and needed longer lunches
Externship
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 5, 2015
Worked with a high paced team. Very organized and productive. Was able to adapt to their work environment and routine, while being able to learn in the process.
Pros
Easy going and enjoyable team
Cons
No pay for externship
Very inspiring and secure work experience.
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2014
Patient intake and Insurance verification. the wonderful opportunity to help those in need of medical care. A great working environment with great co-workers and management that care.
Pros
Wonderful medical group to work for, truly genuine.
Fast-paste, and fun work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
Administrative activities related to Imaging department. Filing of x-rays, data input,assisting Radiologists, and x-ray technicians with administrative duties. Patient intakes, cancellation follow-ups over the phone. 6-8 phone-lane answering throughout the day.
great hospital system
Physical Therapist Student (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 25, 2013
dedicated to mentoring and molding great healthcare team. several great locations in san diego
good enviroment
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2013
I started off as a file clerk then it let into a specialist position, I would fax, email, answer calls form patients and send out medical release forms as requested, I would also scan in patients charts in to the computer. more so on the phone.
This is not a fun place to work because of management.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2012
I great patients with a smile and check them in and out, schedule appointments, take copays, verifie insurace, update patient information, work on tasks, answer phones, hand out faxes, call and make referral appointments for patients.

I learned to be patient and listen to the needs of our patients so I can understand how I can help them.

Management makes everyday stressfull.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with hostile patients. We are told to deal with them ourselves and not to call management for help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients with all there needs. They allways tell me how much help I am and they appriciate all my help with there needs. That makes my day to get compliments form my patients.
Pros
if i get sick i can be seen same day by my dr.
Cons
no help from management