Sharp Rees-Stealy Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Great company, low wages and minimal raises
Coder, CPC (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 17, 2016
People who get these highly coveted jobs at Sharp tend to stay. The benefits are fantastic. Generous PTO. Very strict attendance policies. The company is non-profit, and it is enormous. There is a policy for everything, and failure to comply will likely result in disciplinary action.

Wages and raises are low. So if you come to work here, it would be for the great benefits, time off, job security, department camaraderie, and extensive free training.

The hardest part of the job was keeping on top of all the coding and policy changes. The most enjoyable part was working in an atmosphere where you are professionally supported in every way to do your best.

And the cafeteria at Spectrum is amazing!
Patient Service Representative
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 11, 2015
The role of a PSR is very vital to the patient experience. We are the first voice patients hear when they want to receive services at a Sharp Rees-Stealy location. It is important that we actively listen to the patients to determine how to best meet their needs. In order to be successful, building relationships with multiple departments is key in order to provide prompt answers for the patient's concerns. On an average the call center takes 6,000 calls daily, and on Mondays, there can be as many as 10,000 calls. It great to interact with patients and hear satisfaction in their voices when they know you're doing all you can to get them taken care of. One thing about the job is that our independence is very limited and micro-managing is the way the call center is ran. While I am a key player, I would rather not have someone looking over my shoulder critiquing every thing I do. I am able to ask questions if I need help, and I seek out constructive feedback. I love learning new things, and being given more duties and responsibilities.
very good company
Radiology Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 21, 2015
was able to cross train in 8 clinics and each week I was at a differnent clinic and I enjoy working there as it was challenge each week
Pros
good people
Cons
not enough time for lunches was only 30 minutes and needed longer lunches
Externship
EXTERN (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CAJuly 5, 2015
Worked with a high paced team. Very organized and productive. Was able to adapt to their work environment and routine, while being able to learn in the process.
Pros
Easy going and enjoyable team
Cons
No pay for externship
Very inspiring and secure work experience.
Business Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 14, 2014
Patient intake and Insurance verification. the wonderful opportunity to help those in need of medical care. A great working environment with great co-workers and management that care.
Pros
wonderful medical group to work for, truly genuine.
Fast-paste, and fun work enviroment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2014
Administrative activities related to Imaging department. Filing of x-rays, data input,assisting Radiologists, and x-ray technicians with administrative duties. Patient intakes, cancellation follow-ups over the phone. 6-8 phone-lane answering throughout the day.
good enviroment
Health Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 23, 2013
I started off as a file clerk then it let into a specialist position, I would fax, email, answer calls form patients and send out medical release forms as requested, I would also scan in patients charts in to the computer. more so on the phone.
This is not a fun place to work because of management.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 28, 2012
I great patients with a smile and check them in and out, schedule appointments, take copays, verifie insurace, update patient information, work on tasks, answer phones, hand out faxes, call and make referral appointments for patients.

I learned to be patient and listen to the needs of our patients so I can understand how I can help them.

Management makes everyday stressfull.

I enjoy working with all my co-workers.

The hardest part of my job is dealing with hostile patients. We are told to deal with them ourselves and not to call management for help.

The most enjoyable part of my job is helping my patients with all there needs. They allways tell me how much help I am and they appriciate all my help with there needs. That makes my day to get compliments form my patients.
Pros
if i get sick i can be seen same day by my dr.
Cons
no help from management

Comment – February 6, 2013

I would like too say that the 11 years I worked for SRS, my manager's were kind, good listerner, stern and understanding, then I came under a new manager/leads that were much younger than my previous manager, who tend to be more interested in powerplay/politics to get out those they don't like and replace them with those they do!