Sharp Employee Reviews

My overall rating for Sharp would be 4.7
ASSOCIATE APPLICATIONS ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAApril 21, 2017
Most days I would start early because we supported multiple locations with customer service support and demo ordering.
My main goal was to take new product and build it into a demo for the field.sales group I would build up one of a kind demos on a daily basics. I would have to help design, build, assemble and support demo once out in the field. I would test all demos before going into field and I would test all demos coming back from field. I was responsible for buying all parts for my department. At the end of each month I had to submit a expense report. Every day was a learning experience because we supported Seven product managers so there was always new things to learn. I worked in an Office lab. I used solder tools, electronic testing tools and basic hand tools to do job. I worked for a Japanese company so things were ran a little different from a US company. The hardest part of the job was Trade Shows it was really hard meeting all daily goals having a three month project on top it all. The trade show was a week long once a year and my job was build, setup, support electronics during show and then tear down plus support shipping.I am a self starter and need little supervision there was work from the start of my day to the end of my day, that's what I liked best.
Pros
We had a very nice building to work in. Good health care plan with vision
Cons
When the company was being bought out there was a lot of stress
Great place to work if you're self motivated
Outside Sales Representatives (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 7, 2017
I loved this job! A typical day would include showing up at designated store for the day, checking in with management and then informing customers about the product on the sales floor. You don't have a physical manager so you have to be self sufficient when it comes to meeting goals and reporting back to your on call supervisor. Hardest part of the job would be switching locations. Somedays I'd be in Manhattan, other days I'd in the bronx, it all depends. The most enjoyable part of the job is that once you get a rhythm it becomes really easy. This job broke me out of my comfort zone in the best way.
Pros
independence, great compensation.
Cons
locations vary day by day.
fun work, nice people, low pay, many interruptions
Packer (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAMarch 13, 2017
fun work, nice people, low pay, many interruptions, nice schedule, near home. It's a good job to keep when you're starting, but not for long. if you want to stay in this line of work is a good start. It's a small company, very strict, tempered supervisors, helpless team leaders. Good teammates. They should revise and improve operational procedures. Procedures lack of training new people to perform better.
Pros
convenient schedule
Cons
too many interruptions
Great place to work!
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCDecember 15, 2016
Wonderful place to work. It's like a family. The only downside is the compensation. It's pretty low and honestly wont get better unless your in management. Very little turnover rate. If you like working with your hands and love customer service then this would be a great job for you.
Pros
Family like atmosphere, job security, management, and experience.
Cons
Money
Love my job...
Network Infrastructure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PANovember 24, 2016
Typical day at work is anything but typical, every day brings new challenges and opportunities, from troubleshooting Network connectivity issues to coordinating projects with other departments and external organizations, mentoring Helpdesk personnel to providing support to the executive staff. One thing is for certain, my duties and responsibilities are a challenge, but at the same time very fulfilling.
Pros
Company growth
Cons
Not much room for advancement
Fun enviroment to work in
Packer (Former Employee) –  Fogelsville, PAOctober 17, 2016
The job is very easy and laid back. You simple do as your told and that's what your be doing for the rest of the days work. You get something new everyday and its fairly easy to get the hang of.
Pros
free refreshments
Cons
standing for hours
Thanks
Senior Field Repair Tech (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 23, 2016
To Obtain a Profession in a Field that will utilize my knowledge and collective experience within a highly innovative and progressive company.
productive and great place to work for.
hardworking person, team player (Former Employee) –  23 carland rd conshohocken, pa 19428August 16, 2016
i dont really have much to say but that was the best job i've ever work for, great pay rate as well flexible, good breaks,nice people to work with,great enviroment.
Pros
holidays ativities
Cons
not sure if it has cons.
packing medicine
Line Leader (Current Employee) –  Allentown, PAMay 6, 2016
I am a line leader. working with medicine. a great job and great workers. I learned how to pack and how to run a room with my associate. also doing a lot of math and writing.
Pros
free luch
Cons
two breaks
peace place for work
Tecnechian (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAFebruary 16, 2016
i love my work
I learned fixes and instillation all the copiers and printers
I can work everyday
I cant work sunday afternoons
I enjoy entire all parts of my work
the hardest of the job is when I have recall and it was very sadness for me
Pros
free insurance
Cons
free health care
very positive
Utility Worker/Packer/Loader - Seasonal (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2015
A typical day at SHARP is very good and positive. Ive have learned alot of new things. The management there isnt very pleasent but sometime you have to look past things and move on woth your day.
There isnt a hard part of this job its very fun to work around joyful people
Very productive workplace with many great employees
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CASeptember 29, 2014
Was a great place until at the end the owner went south. Had great manager. After he left, company began to sink.
Many great hardworking coworkers generating over million dollar production a month. With responsible approach of the owner company could be today at cutting edge of technology.
Pros
Personal growth
Cons
Owners meltdown
enjoy what you doing
parker (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PASeptember 29, 2014
A typical day at sharp was ok. You never know who you working with because you in different rooms, and I think that's a good thing you get to meet all kinds off people.
what I learn most from sharp is you can work hard and still leave work happy ready to come back the next day.
Management at sharp was respectable nice and kind.
I believe the hardest thing about sharp was if you where in a room were you have to be on the machine and just make sure the pills go and the bottle think the hardest part for me was staying up
The most enjoyable part of the job its hard for me to say because I just don't have one. I love working at sharp and what I was doing.
enjoy being with the customers that come in on daily basis
Manager (Current Employee) –  Hawkinsville, GAJune 13, 2014
There is no room for advancement nor benefits or retirement.
Pros
my customers have become my extended family
Cons
no enough hours in day
Very hard work a very positive place to work and learn
Wrangler/Training Horses/Ridding Instructor (Current Employee) –  Rock Falls, IL 61071March 20, 2014
I love working here its always a positive experience and always learning something new all the time. I love working with all the horses that come through here. I would recommend this job to anyone interested in learning how horse training can be beneficial.
I always start my day at 6:00 a.m. feeding,watering,and turning the horses out of their stalls. Then I bring in the horse I am training at the time and start grooming them,then saddle, bridle, and then lounge them out until I start the other training. My co-workers are always helpful and have your back if you need help.There is no drama here thankfully just hard work and a lot of fun. Management here is great with the scheduling and assigning and overseeing your work daily making sure you are doing your work correctly. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Paid lunches/ Great co-workers
Cons
no health insurance provided
productive and fun
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 12, 2013
great job with loving people and amazing children
mainly learned how to care for children correctly
Pros
great people
Cons
N/A
Productive and always something to do
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  La Mesa, CAAugust 21, 2013
-being present for all employers on campus and ready to help the visitors if any questions were asked.

-I learned different attitudes and body languages.

-management played their part by letting every security officer be themselves.

-my co-workers were always friendly and sometimes talked about other co-workers behind their backs.

-the hardest part of the job was leaving sometimes after my shift, the employers made me feel like I was apart of their own family.

-the most enjoyable part of the job was smiling from the heart.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
the visitors/patients were not always friendly
Is a great Summer Job
Temp (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 7, 2013
This job was rather relaxing and there wasn't any customers to deal with. The job was great and it was all fast paced which made the day go by quicker. I very much disliked entering and exiting the building becasue there was a security who loved to argue and no matter how much you avoided argument with the security it very difficult.
hard work
Traffic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  memphis,tnMay 14, 2013
management was ok, It was a very busy day all day so the day went back fast. I liked my co-workers.
Pros
sharp give aways
Cons
short breaks
fun work place
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Romeoville, ILApril 4, 2013
It was an ok job to be at. The hardest part of the job was lifting the big tvs that where broken

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sharp. Our community is ready to answer.